Sign in to follow this  
TENPATROL

World Update 5

1.03 Gig is the Store update size. I had to manually choose update in the store after searching for Flight Sim.

5.06 Gig to be downloaded from the update screen in the sim.

Edit: The other post mentions a 23 gig download but I only have 5 gig from the update screen. The download is being throttled here to 20 Mbps as usual so it's going to take a while for me to get to the in game marketplace update.

Nordics World Update (1.17.3.0) is now live! - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

Edited by JSmith2112
  • Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

10 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

1.03 Gig is the Store update size. I had to manually choose update in the store after searching for Flight Sim.

5.06 Gig to be downloaded from the update screen in the sim.

Thanks.

Downloading MS Store update now. The rest is not so big .. do it now and it's done.

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

About 1 GB in the Store and 5.25 GB in the sim for me. 

And they added Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish language packs. Feels a bit weird having Norwegian as the sim language. But I'm sure that could be changed.

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Quick update:

The Crash to Desktop bug that was introduced with the previous update is still present. Approaching or loading up at most airports will cause instant CTD. 

So the sim is still nearly 100% unusable for me.

The only airport I was able to load up at in ENDU Bardufoss, the scenery looks horrible just like it did before this Nordics update. Zero improvement in that area.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

Hi, everybody!

Can't start Flight Simulator!

I went to Microsoft Store and it installed 1.17.3.0 (but it was very quick!).

Then I tried to start FS2020 and no way!

What I have to do?

Help, please!

Hi,

It seems that the update has changed something in my hard disc.

For instance, my community folder is not in the same place (I know because I had a direct access and there's nothing there!). I can't find the community folder!

I don't know what to do!

13 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Quick update:

The Crash to Desktop bug that was introduced with the previous update is still present. Approaching or loading up at most airports will cause instant CTD. 

So the sim is still nearly 100% unusable for me.

The only airport I was able to load up at in ENDU Bardufoss, the scenery looks horrible just like it did before this Nordics update. Zero improvement in that area.

Just to confirm, you got the free nordic packs downloaded from the ingame store as well?

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Just now, Andreas Stangenes said:

Just to confirm, you got the free nordic packs downloaded from the ingame store as well?

No, I didn't find it at first. Had to sort through it, and now I'm downloading it at a really slow speed. 🙂 

216 MB / 3.53 GB so far.. 

• Like 1

Sounds like this is an update to avoid. Just got my PC back from the shop, and MSFS is running great. Right now I am in the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it mode."  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hi, 

I don't know what happened.

The Update was a mess!

I had to uninstall Flight Simulator and I'm installing now from scratch.

Let's pray...

😭

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Sounds like this is an update to avoid. Just got my PC back from the shop, and MSFS is running great. Right now I am in the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it mode."  

How do you avoid an update and still use MSFS 'as it was'? I didn't think updates were optional if you still want to use the sim.

Al

Edited by ark

6 minutes ago, ark said:

How do you avoid an update and still use MSFS 'as it was'? I didn't think updates were optional if you still want to use the sim.

Al

you cannot avoid the basic update, but you do not need to install the free nordic stuff.

Just now, wim123 said:

you cannot avoid the basic update, but you do not need to install the free nordic stuff.

Yes, but there's hardly any reason not to, if you don't have overlapping scenery mods.