Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

P3D V5.2 is out now

47 minutes ago, kand said:

5.2, full reinstall, ASP3D and EA on, clouds ultra......

2021-6-10-16-8-50-420.jpg

Amazing sunrise 2021-6-10-13-16-44-359.jpg

Broken clouds sat over the OC layer in the UK on a hot summer day

2021-6-10-15-59-43-495.jpg

That last picture is just plain awful.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Eric 

I can confirm that Flight1 GTN still needs an update. Everything else works fine. The VRAM usage has been GREATLY optimized so I am happy. I was JUST about to uninstall P3D last night as I mostly fly MSFS now and was so frustrated with lack of any kind of updates from LM. Then this came and I am back on P3D full-swing. It just helps to know that progress is still being made and they haven't completely given up improving the sim and are still working on SOMETHING... There is still a lot to be done, but... this is great news! 

On an unrelated note, the release notes say runway textures etc have been improved. I had Zinertek Enhanced Airport Graphics installed on 5.1 Completely uninstalled 5.1 (except add-ons) and installed the complete 5.2 client. Do I need to reinstall Zinertek? I don't know where it sticks its files and if they get overwritten by the client. Is it really even necessary anymore? I'd love to know just how much better the new textures look. I have only done 1 flight so far and haven't really noticed the difference either way. Same goes for Drzwiecki Grass... do I need to reinstall that one too? 

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

Well, IM disappointed I didnt seem to have as great an out of the box experience as others.  Uninstalled all the components and reinstalled 5.2.

I have worse performance, black textures, CTD with all addons Ive tried so far.  The menu stuff is shifty for me, sometimes it just isnt working.  Overall I dont feel like I've installed the same sim as others here 😕

ive always said for the last 10 years i dont know why people dont just buy a 2TB hdd from amazon for 50 quid,  back everything up and do a nice clean and fresh install.  And take a couple of days to reinstall everything and have peace of mind.

Simbol might as well be talking to the clouds when he recommends it to this lot on here.

People just dont and wont listen,  they just want some down and dirty quick fix,  and then wonder why the sim is nerfed.

This uninstall and reinstall client malarkay is a gimmick when you have a ton of addons, or people are not computer savvy enough.  Buy a usb hdd and do a nice reinstall, take 2 days out of your lives to have peace of mind.   Nope... Ill just uninstall client, and content, then have to delete cfgs, clear shaders, and mess around and then run ion a load of issues.

By the time people have deleted this, redone that, tried this,  moved that, regenerated this, you'd of been better off to start from scratch.

Simbol has said SO MANY TIMES.  to uninstall and reinstall from scratch, but people are just lazy.  you reap what you sow. 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 6

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, w6kd said:

I've read that the single-line text banner needs the updated v5.2 content module installed to work

LM has provided a download link for the missing file, for those who only update the Client.

Bert

54 minutes ago, michaelth said:

This has been posted repeatedly on the TFDi-forum, but - surprisingly - they blame LM. Does someone here know how to edit the respective effects (.fx) text files to cure this annoying problem?

I hear you there.  I tried pointing it out multiple times in multiple venues; was basically told to edit the fx files myself and it was indeed an LM problem.

Seems like they’re just fully dedicated to the MD-11 now, and any other fixes/updates to the 717 are just brushed aside sadly.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Aircraft reflections look absolutely beautiful! It almost looks like MSFS.

This is from Blackbox711's stream:

EA.png

Edited by BiologicalNanobot
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

4 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Are SIMstarter, FSL A3XX, FSUIPC, AES A3XX updated to v5.2?

FSUIPC isn't affected by point updates these days.

Pete

• Like 6

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

4 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Are SIMstarter, FSL A3XX, FSUIPC, AES A3XX updated to v5.2?

Thanks. 

SIMStarter is also not working yet.

I hope that we get an update the next days. I am lost without that program 😄

• Upvote 1

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

50 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

ive always said for the last 10 years i dont know why people dont just buy a 2TB hdd from amazon for 50 quid,  back everything up and do a nice clean and fresh install.  And take a couple of days to reinstall everything and have peace of mind.

Simbol might as well be talking to the clouds when he recommends it to this lot on here.

People just dont and wont listen,  they just want some down and dirty quick fix,  and then wonder why the sim is nerfed.

This uninstall and reinstall client malarkay is a gimmick when you have a ton of addons, or people are not computer savvy enough.  Buy a usb hdd and do a nice reinstall, take 2 days out of your lives to have peace of mind.   Nope... Ill just uninstall client, and content, then have to delete cfgs, clear shaders, and mess around and then run ion a load of issues.

By the time people have deleted this, redone that, tried this,  moved that, regenerated this, you'd of been better off to start from scratch.

Simbol has said SO MANY TIMES.  to uninstall and reinstall from scratch, but people are just lazy.  you reap what you sow. 

Heck of a lot more than two days amigo. Try two weeks and a lot of hair pulling if I had any to pull. The client, content, scenery works a treat for me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Vic green

8 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

The client, content, scenery works a treat for me.

That's all 3 so that's a full reinstall no?

Eric 

1 hour ago, CaptKornDog said:

I hear you there.  I tried pointing it out multiple times in multiple venues; was basically told to edit the fx files myself and it was indeed an LM problem.

Seems like they’re just fully dedicated to the MD-11 now, and any other fixes/updates to the 717 are just brushed aside sadly.

If it is that tricky, why does it only affect the B717?

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

41 minutes ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

Aircraft reflections look absolutely beautiful! It almost looks like MSFS.

This is from Blackbox711's stream:

EA.png

Did he use Dynamic reflection?

1 minute ago, mobiel said:

Did he use Dynamic reflection?

Yes

• Like 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

5 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

Any news on FFTF Dynamic compatibility?

It seems working

• Like 2