Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

MSFS - Xbox Series X|S Gameplay Trailer

35 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

What are the specs of the new XBox? In other words roughly what is it's equivalent in PC terms? An RTX2080 and I7 or what?

More like a Zen 2 Ryzen 3700, with something similar to a RX 6800 for graphics. The biggest difference from a gaming PC will probably be the memory architecture, as the entire thing runs on GDDR6 memory, that is shared between the CPU und GPU.

My expectation is that MSFS on the series X will run the same or even better than what most people can see on their current gaming PCs.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

More like a Zen 2 Ryzen 3700, with something similar to a RX 6800 for graphics. The biggest difference from a gaming PC will probably be the memory architecture, as the entire thing runs on GDDR6 memory, that is shared between the CPU und GPU.

My expectation is that MSFS on the series X will run the same or even better than what most people can see on their current gaming PCs.

Hmm. I may think about buying an XBox then. There seems to be no chance of being able to upgrade my PC for the foreseeable future. I can't get hold of an RTX3080 without needing to re mortgage my house.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Hmm. I may think about buying an XBox then. There seems to be no chance of being able to upgrade my PC for the foreseeable future. I can't get hold of an RTX3080 without needing to re mortgage my house.

Let's just wait and see how it runs with DX12 on PC, you may not even need an RTX3080 then.

The biggest mistake many simmers made with MSFS was buying overpriced hardware before the sim even was out. A year ago or so, I was warning people who went for top of the line Intel CPUs instead of more reasonably priced Ryzen Zen 2s with slightly lower core frequency but higher core counts. Now with DX12 and the XBox version on the horizon, we'll see how much of a mistake that was. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, precog said:

I'm no expert but the aircraft should yaw the moment you lift off in a crosswind.  Flying a Jabiru in real life the technique was to release any rudder correction except for a little right rudder and let the plane yaw into the wind.  It was quite noticeable.

As for landing I have no problem keeping the aircraft landing and rolling straight down the runway.  Maybe it's because I mainly fly modded aircraft and VR and it's easier to get a perception of where the nose is pointing in relation to the end of the runway.  I recall in my real life training having lots of problems with the plane getting off to the left upon touchdown in crosswinds...I had to train my brain to look straight ahead rather than to the centre of the propellor to get the plane tracking straight.

Not to say that there aren't some issues but overall I think it's really good.

I am with you. Never saw that « massive yaw moment» at touchdown with aircraft I fly. I suspect it mainly comes from the controllers or the lack thereof (pedals) some users have.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

II'm still waiting for all of the things that PC users were promised

In case you didn't notice: this thread is about to be released console version.

That said, I might "preemptively" buy a new console and hook it up to my PC monitor.

7 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

I hope the people considering buying on XBox wait for reviews before they spend any $$$.

Well, MSFS has the third highest Metacritic review score of all PC games in 2020, so..

ti4bv8D.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

With 16 GB of total shared memory? Don't be deceived by "4K": console games run "up to 4K" and use aggressive dynamic resolution scaling down to 720p to maintain framerate and because of memory constraints.

https://itigic.com/dynamic-resolution-scaling-how-consoles-maintain-fps/

This could still be acceptable for console gamers who use TVs and sit far from the screen. But saying that a console can get close to a high end PC with a 4K monitor is like saying that a VBR MP3 sounds like a CD: it can deceive you if you listen to it with a poor hi-fi system but absolutely it's not the same thing.

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

21 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

With 16 GB of total shared memory? Don't be deceived by "4K": console games run "up to 4K" and use aggressive dynamic resolution scaling down to 720p to maintain framerate and because of memory constraints.

https://itigic.com/dynamic-resolution-scaling-how-consoles-maintain-fps/

This could still be acceptable for console gamers who use TVs and sit far from the screen. But saying that a console can get close to a high end PC with a 4K monitor is like saying that a VBR MP3 sounds like a CD: it can deceive you if you listen to it with a poor hi-fi system but absolutely it's not the same thing.

If there is something we have learned in two years, it is not to believe any MFS trailer coming from Redmont. These guys have a sense of honesty in advertising which is... theirs. 

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

More like a Zen 2 Ryzen 3700, with something similar to a RX 6800 for graphics.

Considering it's a monolithic APU with 8MB of L3 cache, it's actually closer to Renoir rather than Matisse, I guess like a 4700G with boost disabled. 12 TFLOPS for graphics, so when comparing to desktop GPUs, the closest equivalent would be the RX 6700 XT.

4 hours ago, Scottoest said:

and the 4K resolution is probably using some kind of modern upscaling technique from something lower.

Indeed, it doesn't consistently look like native 4K. Perhaps it's using dynamic resolution with checkerboard rendering or FSR. What's for sure is that there are some trade-offs not seen on PC, especially in the clouds, and some places have particularly gnarly ghosting.

XTS-1.png

XTS-2.png

XTS-3.png

XTS-4.png

A positive change is that at lower sample counts, reflections will now look pixelated rather than grainy. More in line with most other games.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 4

Does the trailer show ray-tracing integration? To me some of the lighting looks slightly different but no sign of ray-tracing which I recall Asobo mentioned would come with DX12 integration.

1 minute ago, steve310002 said:

Does the trailer show ray-tracing integration? To me some of the lighting looks slightly different but no sign of ray-tracing which I recall Asobo mentioned would come with DX12 integration.

They said that ray-tracing will come after DirectX 12 in a more recent Q&A. Anyway, the reflections in this trailer are still screen-space.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

In case you didn't notice: this thread is about to be released console version.

That said, I might "preemptively" buy a new console and hook it up to my PC monitor.

Why do you keep responding to the most pessimist posters on the forum let them complain and weep until eternity. Some folks never have anything to say but negativity must be a sad life living that way, after all this is just for entertainment purpose and not reality if people are not happy with it (MSFS) or any other game/sim maybe its time for them to just move on. Its the same old lame and redundant rant with ad naseam mixed in not only here but the other forums and its usually the same culprits doing it months after months. Lame

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 6

I’d happily jump ship from my PC to the Xbox, and put a few thousand back in the bank during the process. Unfortunately, it’s a no go because of VR. As far as I am aware, it’s not a feature coming to Xbox. At the very least I would want TrackIR support.  Although I’m sure that this new version will reap many dividends for PC users I’m just a tad concerned that VR support might now fall by the wayside.

Edited by Bilbosmeggins

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.