Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

MSFS - Xbox Series X|S Gameplay Trailer

7 hours ago, urthgental said:

It is such a unexpected fortune to have Microsoft returning to our hobby. It is more than a miracle that Microsoft selected Flight Simulation as their strategic Business Case for the consumer market to showcase all their new technologies from Azure, Bing, XBox, etc. And it is a masterpiece how Jörg and Team managed to bring this ecosystem onboard delivering what we have so far in the first year after release.

The latest Xbox trailer is great, the Top Gun Announcement is the cherry on the top of the cake.

I am nothing than stunned how people who love this hobby can complain on "their" missing features or "their" expectations for a MS Flight Simulator - even in today's world, where everybody just spits out criticize on twitter. 

Jörg invited us on a 10 year journey - what a fantastic outlook!

Well said my friend.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone because I'm not trying to but it's also been a very well documented, talked about, banned about, argued about, beat into the ground about discussion.. "The old guard" of flight simming protecting their.. I'm not even going to go there. It's over. Asobo buried it, threw some flowers on it because they had too and bid it farewell.. MSFS 2020 in a nutshell could be summed up as a "get over it, we're here now" movement. All while being the most humble group you could ever want from a developer..

It's all about the tone and approach.. And the developers that have come out of almost no where supporting the sim speaks volumes to that approach working beyond anyone's imagination. 

Edited by styckx
  • Like 7

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

This is absolutely fantastic news for ALL simmers! Lowering the barrier to entry AND providing meaningful improvements to this wonderful hobby - what more could anybody want? 

Unfortunately it seems we're always going to have to deal with people screeching that the default Cessna 172's prop wash modeling is SO much better in (insert other sim of choice) that Asobo should just go back to making rat games 😑. Oh well! This community is far better of without them. Onward we move.

• Like 6

Former Child, Current Adult

On 6/13/2021 at 1:37 PM, B787Pilot3222 said:

Xbox will be a game changer for the majority of users. No more spending thousands to squeeze out a few FPS, so glad I didn't spend a ton of money on a flight sim PC.

Just think how much less complex optimizations are when there is only one piece of hardware to accommodate.   This has always been the problem in the PC world.  I'm feeling better already about not getting a 3090 or even 3080 Ti.

With all the whining here about how Asobo has not fixed everything the writing was plastered all over the wall very early on that their first priority is optimizing for the Xbox release and now it's coming to pass.

For me, always the contrast between MSFS and the others was the absolute relevance of flying thru the real world versus the fake land-class based world the other sims were developed on.  There is just no comparison .  For a long time now it took FSCaptain to keep me engaged in P3D, and now even that can't keep me out of MSFS, and I'm only flying one plane!   After not touching P3D for many months now I decided to hop in my old favorite PMDG 777 to do KSFO to PHKO.  Made it about halfway there then shut it down.  

Edited by Noel
  • Like 7

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

16 minutes ago, Noel said:

"... With all the             whining           here..."

You lost all pretense of objectivity by using the word whining, thus rendering your opinion vastly less persuasive.

But hey, you have as much right as anyone, including the MSFS naysayers that you whine about, to whine to your heart's content... just like them. Yaayyy!

• Like 1

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

26 minutes ago, Noel said:

I'm feeling better already about not getting a 3090 or even 3080 Ti.

I'm feeling the opposite. I've just today managed to snag an RX 6900 XT after 6 months of trying, so I'm gearing up for a new build - and it feels great!

I'll get an XSX too one day, but they're just impossible to find in Australia now, and for probably just as long it took to get the 6900.

• Like 2

Mike Beckwith

Let us know how that 6900 works out.  Was looking for one myself a while ago.

Cheers

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

4 hours ago, liamp51 said:

This is absolutely fantastic news for ALL simmers! Lowering the barrier to entry AND providing meaningful improvements to this wonderful hobby - what more could anybody want? 

Unfortunately it seems we're always going to have to deal with people screeching that the default Cessna 172's prop wash modeling is SO much better in (insert other sim of choice) that Asobo should just go back to making rat games 😑. Oh well! This community is far better of without them. Onward we move.

At some point, if ASOBO ever gets caught up, we might want the screechers back.

Regards

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

FSelite are reporting MSFS will run at a base rate of 30fps on Xbox series x/s

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

5 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

FSelite are reporting MSFS will run at a base rate of 30fps on Xbox series x/s

With DX12 implementation on a fixed hardware?!

Oh god... frankly was waiting to see how a flight simulator can look and perform on Xbox/PS5 but 30FPS is an immediate no go for me.

Edited by akita

Didn't the video say at the beginning 4K 60 frames per second?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The official twitter account replied to someone about FPS and they stated the following:

"Base framerate will be 30 FPS. On TVs that support VRR, the framerate can go above 30 FPS"

It would be interesting to see how well it performs on the Xbox Platform:

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

8 hours ago, RustyFlyer said:

You lost all pretense of objectivity by using the word whining, thus rendering your opinion vastly less persuasive.

But hey, you have as much right as anyone, including the MSFS naysayers that you whine about, to whine to your heart's content... just like them. Yaayyy!

Never had any pretense of 'objectivity' that is your twist.  It was always obvious to me where priorities lay on this 10y project, which largely had to do w/ readying MSFS for Xbox, that scenery, lighting and atmospherics trumped having realtime weather always align w/ realworld metars, or in general making the sim as close to what the naysayers were used to in the ultra mature P3D/XP.  Yeah, this is the house of opinions more often than objectivity.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

8 hours ago, Highmike said:

I'm feeling the opposite. I've just today managed to snag an RX 6900 XT after 6 months of trying, so I'm gearing up for a new build - and it feels great!

I'll get an XSX too one day, but they're just impossible to find in Australia now, and for probably just as long it took to get the 6900.

Best Wishes w/ your 6900XT.  This is a substantial moving target for PC users so it will be nice to see truly how well it runs after the DX-12 port for PC users so I don't mind waiting a bit longer.  

Noel

1 minute ago, Noel said:

Best Wishes w/ your 6900XT.  This is a substantial moving target for PC users so it will be nice to see truly how well it runs after the DX-12 port for PC users so I don't mind waiting a bit longer.  

If Asobo can remove the CPU bottleneck then cards like these will fly, example my 3090, I’ve seen over 70fps @1440p Ultra when it’s allowed to perform at or near 100% - and that’s obviously using DX-11

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir