Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

MSFS - Xbox Series X|S Gameplay Trailer

4 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

If Asobo can remove the CPU bottleneck then cards like these will fly, example my 3090, I’ve seen over 70fps @1440p Ultra when it’s allowed to perform at or near 100% - and that’s obviously using DX-11

Bottlenecks in CPU/GPU/VRAM/RAM are always a case of mismatched components--IOW there is no absolute bottleneck in the CPU or anything else, but in your system your 3090 is more capable than your Ryzen 3900x is, etc.  In my system the GPU is always the bottleneck as is the case w/ many who haven't found a better GPU.  I think a 3080Ti would probably be a good fit for my 9900K@5Ghz.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Since community add-ons and tweaking are a big part of the flight simulator hobby, I will continue to use a PC.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

10 minutes ago, Noel said:

Bottlenecks in CPU/GPU/VRAM/RAM are always a case of mismatched components--IOW there is no absolute bottleneck in the CPU or anything else, but in your system your 3090 is more capable than your Ryzen 3900x is, etc.  In my system the GPU is always the bottleneck as is the case w/ many who haven't found a better GPU.  I think a 3080Ti would probably be a good fit for my 9900K@5Ghz.

Yes a 3090 is bottlenecked by a 3900x - I agree and I would have replaced already if stock allowed, but atm that CPU is not being utilised as well as it could be. 

hopefully further optimisation and DX12 will at the very least allow it to flex its wings/cores a little more - after all in any other game I play I’m more than happy with the 3900x.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Call me cynical but the trailer look to be HIGHLY produced with extra bells and whistles Video Production tricks

Edited by coxo2436
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, coxo2436 said:

Call me cynical but the trailer look to be HIGHLY produced with extra bells and whistles Video Production tricks

I have the same feeling light, details, contrast, color seems not really close to what I get, HDR or not.

Maybe, it's DX12 improvements, maybe not

On 6/14/2021 at 12:42 PM, devgrp said:

Taxi ribbon toggle is not a priority, and not because it sounds simple doesn't mean it's simple to do. Msfs has thousands of lines of code, one change can break something else. And what part of the world map is buggy? I go to the map, choose my plane and airport then fly. What's buggy about that? 

There is a community fix for this since October last year, and it still works just fine.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, Noel said:

"...Yeah, this is the house of opinions more often than objectivity."

I'll drink to that! Cheers! 👍😂😎

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

58 minutes ago, bendead said:

I have the same feeling light, details, contrast, color seems not really close to what I get, HDR or not.

Maybe, it's DX12 improvements, maybe not

maybe you need to calibrate your monitor. Apart from the water effects, etc my sim looks exactly the same, and even if they are using a different build to make the videos, its still the same quality. Dont know why people are saying the quality they get is different from the videos. I can post videos that look the same, just not as jazzed up with the editing

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Didn't the video say at the beginning 4K 60 frames per second?

No. It just says 'Captured in Real Time 4K On X-Box Series X'

No mention of Framerate, and the video itself is not 60FPS.

Edited by Tuskin38

Btw, if anyone wants a 3090 Scan have them in stock, for £2550 with a gaming chair 😂😂😂

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

25 minutes ago, devgrp said:

maybe you need to calibrate your monitor.

Why? If the video and the sim are the same then I should see the same thing also, just offset from what you see

Edited by bendead

1 hour ago, coxo2436 said:

Exactly how I feel. I have seen too many of their PC videos that have zero morphing or any issues etc, and then you get the final product and its a morphing melting building mess.

So, I am hoping to be surprised by all of this DX12 talk, however my expectations are low. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks amazing, this console is showing its power. I was just curious - will the game be moddable on XBSX?

48 minutes ago, bendead said:

Why? If the video and the sim are the same then I should see the same thing also, just offset from what you see

No its not the same. I have a wide gamut monitor. 100% srb and about 89% argb. Pics can look very different if the app is not color aware so on my monitor of its not calibrated the colors look weird. It might be too saturated and the contrast is too high. And the browsers are color aware so they will display colors correctly 

41 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Exactly how I feel. I have seen too many of their PC videos that have zero morphing or any issues etc, and then you get the final product and its a morphing melting building mess.

So, I am hoping to be surprised by all of this DX12 talk, however my expectations are low. 

You're not looking hard enough. You can see morphing in the last video, and just because they didn't show it doesn't mean it's not there. It's a trailer made up of lots of footage, you think they are going to show all the discrepancies? 

• Like 1