Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

The PMDG DC-6 Is out!

44 minutes ago, warbirds said:

No matter how I set up the throttles they will not move. I have throttle lock off. The mouse also will not select the throttles or move them....help ?

Make sure you don't have the Artificial Flight Engineer set to be managing a certain stage of the flight; if you do, he will override your settings and since he normally works the throttles when doing that, this might cause them to not move when you operate the controller.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I thumbed up a new issue raised on github to add a vnav page the the community mod gns430. Maybe if more people noticed, it will get implemented

https://github.com/pimarc/pms50-gns530/issues/45

Edited by vincentrouleau

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

When I read that PMDG was releasing their DC-6 this past Friday initially I had zero interest in purchasing this aircraft. I don't know if it was the era of the ac or what, but I just wasn't planning on getting it. Then I started watching the tutorial videos from PMDG and began to reconsider getting it. As a Father's Day present to myself I said what the heck and pulled the trigger. After spending a few hours with the plane I can honestly say this was exactly what MSFS was missing. It just turned this thing into the DC-6 Simulator from MS. It is full on, and this plane has so much character. I will spend months and months learning this thing. This is got to be one of the best ac simulators available, and it is wrapped in an entire world with all the bells and whistles. 

MSFS really needed this plane. It shows the true potential of the platform. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Well I'm one of those guys who'd never bought a PMDG aero-plane before but after the tutorial videos started showing up in my YouTube feed a couple or three weeks ago, then reading all the hoopla about it here, and then the wifey finally asking me if there was anything else I'd like for Father's Day (good timing, PMDG!) I now have a shiny new DC-6 in my hangar.   AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

This thing is a BEAST and treating her gently and with respect. I had absolutely no issues making a gorgeous takeoff and circuit around KSBD, and greased it right on the runway on landing.  I'd recorded it with the free Flight Recorder app and can't wait to make a video with it.  

Speaking of videos, after getting into the cockpit for the very first time, I sat there for a few minutes in awe and felt just like Ted Stryker walking through the cabin door and looking at the instrument panel... daunting indeed, but I steeled myself for the task by reminding myself that I'm the only chance they've got!!!!

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

1 hour ago, Taver said:

I have no issue landing the plane but once I am on the runway it is hard to control. I think I am getting on the brakes too soon and skidding. 

Use reverse pitch on the props.

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well, well...   It's turned out to be the plane I didn't think I wanted that I now couldn't live without.  The best plane in MSFS, no contest 🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chock said:

Make sure you don't have the Artificial Flight Engineer set to be managing a certain stage of the flight; if you do, he will override your settings and since he normally works the throttles when doing that, this might cause them to not move when you operate the controller.

Thanks, he was turned off. Does your mouse move the throttles like it does on every other sim plane ?,

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

15 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Thanks, he was turned off. Does your mouse move the throttles like it does on every other sim plane ?,

Make sure your gust lock is off. It's the big red handle, left side pedastle

5 hours ago, warbirds said:

Great addon but how do you get the throttles to move and the yoke? My normal controller settings do not seem to effect the yoke as it remains neutral and throttles also will not move with my controller or mouse?

I rely on FSUIPC for most of my aircraft/controls, but couldn't get the throttles to move either, when using FSUIPC, so I unmapped the throttle and re-mapped it to MSFS controlled.

I seem to remember advice from PMDG (even back in P3D) to the effect that FSUIPC should not be used with PMDG add-ons. This may be fine for P3D, but I fear MSFS controller bindings are far from comprehensive and some hardware simply won't work fully without all the FSUIPC doodads. My X52 Pro works great - even with FSUIPC running (for tiller control) - but no throttle functions.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Not that anyone needs my recommendation for this one, but in case you're curious:

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Maybe someone in here can answer this question for me.  

I just saw a concerning section in the DC6 folder on another persons install (I don't have it because I run a Mac) that contains a file called PMDG_DC-6_Mouse_Options.exe in the Documentation folder.

Why is there an executable located in that folder??  

It has a "Severe" alert level.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GoranM said:

Maybe someone in here can answer this question for me.  

I just saw a concerning section in the DC6 folder on another persons install (I don't have it because I run a Mac) that contains a file called PMDG_DC-6_Mouse_Options.exe in the Documentation folder.

Why is there an executable located in that folder??  

It has a "Severe" alert level.

Users can opt for PMDG’s own mouse interaction style or default MSFS. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

After what happened in the past, I hope that's ALL it is.  I could be wrong, but I don't see any reason for an exe file to be in there.  And in the Documentation folder(?)

But ok.

Edited by GoranM

8 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Make sure your gust lock is off. It's the big red handle, left side pedastle

Yes off, MSFS own keyboard layout for throttle (F2 and F3) will not move them. The only way I can fly this plane is have the engineer work the throttles. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

25 minutes ago, GoranM said:

After what happened in the past, I hope that's ALL it is.  I could be wrong, but I don't see any reason for an exe file to be in there.  And in the Documentation folder(?)

But ok.

28 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Interesting I do not have that option on my version. I saw it in the videos but it is not listed on the pad screen in my version.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png