Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

The PMDG DC-6 Is out!

Nvm……lol

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Not that anyone needs my recommendation for this one, but in case you're curious:

I think the first aircraft they did for MSFS FSX was the MD DC 10(FSL leftist) Alan. NG was around 2 years later.🙂

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Don’t you love when people who have not MFS installed nor the 6 take a magnifying glass to scrutinize amateurish clips on YouTube or the screenshot of some user’s install to say nasty or scary stuff. You wonder why. Or you don’t.

• Like 7

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, GoranM said:

After what happened in the past, I hope that's ALL it is.  I could be wrong, but I don't see any reason for an exe file to be in there.  And in the Documentation folder(?)

But ok.

gotta love good old avsim, home of trolls and cranks.

• Like 4

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

On 6/19/2021 at 10:42 PM, Bandyka said:

Looking forward to the Ansett one mate!

Happy to report that both the TAA and Ansett liveries are now available over on flightsim.to ... hope you enjoy them!

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

On 6/19/2021 at 10:42 PM, Bandyka said:

Looking forward to the Ansett one mate!

Happy to report that both the TAA and Ansett liveries are now available over on flightsim.to ... hope you enjoy them!

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

23 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Don’t you love when people who have not MFS installed nor the 6 take a magnifying glass to scrutinize amateurish clips on YouTube or the screenshot of some user’s install to say nasty or scary stuff. You wonder why. Or you don’t.

no need to wonder, it  is because they are afraid msfs might (well it is)  be better than their flightsim.

• Like 1

Whoa, buckle up people. It seems that once more Goran has detected the heady aroma of ‘the seeds of suspicion’.

• Like 7

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

59 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

gotta love good old avsim, home of trolls and cranks.

Troll maybe, crank not. 

This character is a developer of an outfit called Leading Edge Simulation  who works in XP11 and has released a TBM the sales of which, I suppose, suffers a bit from the MFS TBM and has released  last year a DC-3  which is in competition with the PMDG 6. 

In a nutshell, he comes here to diss the competitors. The last post raising fear about the .exe is despicable. 

EDIT   There is a paragraph in the Avsim ToS about  deceptive practices. Instilling the doubt on the dangerousness of a competitor's product looks borderline. Up to the moderator team to decide.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 hours ago, GoranM said:

Maybe someone in here can answer this question for me.  

I just saw a concerning section in the DC6 folder on another persons install (I don't have it because I run a Mac) that contains a file called PMDG_DC-6_Mouse_Options.exe in the Documentation folder.

Why is there an executable located in that folder??  

It has a "Severe" alert level.

I got that warning as well so it's no joke and very real. The file was quarantined by MS Defender. I forget what the name of the specific known threat was but I certainly don't want it on my PC.   

Edited by jarmstro

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I got that warning as well. The file was quarantined by MS Defender. I forget what the name of the threat was but I certainly don't want it on my PC.   

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-dc-6-cloudmaster-forum/132335-the-latest-virus-definition-for-microsoft-defender-flags-the-pmdg_dc-6_mouse_options-exe-as-a-trojan

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

8 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

False positive or not a false positive. Not worth the risk. Maybe somethings crept in that shouldn't have? I'm glad Defender caught it and got rid of it just in case.

Edited by jarmstro

It could still be a false positive. You would have to check what the file is actually doing and provide evidence if you think its doing anything malicious. That's how the whole Fslabs drama with test.exe was caught. I don't think there should be much drama over it until someone has proof it's doing anything bad.

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

A few of you are getting paranoid over nothing. Avast Antivirus frequently checks the installers for my UK2000 products, but I know that they are false positives. Do you seriously think that PMDG would add a dodgy malware style executable in their products after what happened with FSL? They would be taken to the cleaners by the armchair lawyers here at AVSIM.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

It could still be a false positive. You would have to check what the file is actually doing and provide evidence if you think its doing anything malicious. That's how the whole Fslabs drama with test.exe was caught. I don't think there should be much drama over it until someone has proof it's doing anything bad.

I dare you to execute it to test it out. I certainly won't!😂

Edited by jarmstro