Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Is it just me or did performance & image quality improve?

I'm amazed at not only the excellent performance I'm getting which is in part because I've wised up to setting the sliders up optimally, but image quality just seems sterling now, mostly since the recent WU, but maybe before I'm not sure.  For awhile there it seems there was more fuzziness in the but lately it's just been excellent everywhere too!  I wonder if some behind the scenes adjusting happened in prep for the Xbox release....

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I was thinking the same thing -- that performance and image quality seem to have improved recently. I also believe that these improvements are in preparation for the forthcoming Xbox release. 

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Actually I flew from Scottsdale to Ryan Field an hour ago and I noticed just the opposite - the one and only time the performance was suspect since I installed MSFS. Enough to make me scratch my head about what it could be. Hopefully it was a one off. 

Yup, I can see with great detail all of the morphing now, whereas before it was blurred. Haha 

• Like 5

General performance improvement expected for the release of the xbox version and SU5.

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

I got exactly .0235% more FPS after this update!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Chris Camp

48 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Yup, I can see with great detail all of the morphing now, whereas before it was blurred. Haha 

I just set the Placebo slider at Ultra, it runs smoother than ever with zero stuttering and no morphing whatsoever.

Trees LOD is insane too, I am flying over Svalbard and I can spot the Amazon forest in the distance.

• Like 12

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

All I can add, is that, since day one I always had a stutter about every minute to minute and a half. After this update, that is gone. I found it amazing to have disappeared. I did somewhere around update change to fast synch in nvidia inspector, but I doubt that's what cleared up the annoying stutter.  

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

23 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

I just set the Placebo slider at Ultra, it runs smoother than ever with zero stuttering and no morphing whatsoever.

Trees LOD is insane too, I am flying over Svalbard and I can spot the Amazon forest in the distance.

Remember my dear Fuzzy, flight simulation doesn't work on GPU or CPU or bandwidth or whatnot. It works on a greater power, imagination.   

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The sim is much smoother for me now. Stutters are almost completely gone and it just feels a lot snappier. I hope it stays this way. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

9 minutes ago, RobJC said:

The sim is much smoother for me now. Stutters are almost completely gone and it just feels a lot snappier. I hope it stays this way. 

It’s definitely snappier, when everything literally ‘snaps’ in to place right in front of you 😉 

Ha I’m sorry I can’t help it, fingers crossed they have this fixed. 

• Like 4

I cant say I agree. It's not that it doesnt run smooth, because it does, but the tree draw distance is now so small that the blurryness of the textures beyond the tree line is very jarring. It's amazing how much trees can cover up these blemishes, but with the trees practically gone from the sim (on max settings), I get vibes that harken back to the good old days in P3D and FSX. Very sad. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

3 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I cant say I agree. It's not that it doesnt run smooth, because it does, but the tree draw distance is now so small that the blurryness of the textures beyond the tree line is very jarring. It's amazing how much trees can cover up these blemishes, but with the trees practically gone from the sim (on max settings), I get vibes that harken back to the good old days in P3D and FSX. Very sad. 

I can't understand how Asobo has not been able to get this sorted out (or fully acknowledge the issue as players see it)....really hoping that the next few updates will get things better. MSFS can look so good and so bad....at the same time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Really?  Just like P3D/FSX?  Trees practically gone eh?  Where the heck are you flying?  This is OTW to Port Angeles WA w/ lots n lots of trees...

Trees.png

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X