Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Asobo Looking for Aircraft Experts for testing

1 minute ago, Matchstick said:

OK, I will file you under having drunk a little too much of the cool-aid then.

And I will file you under ignore for the personal insult.  

Like I said"There are two types of people in the world, those that will find a solution to any problem and those that will find a problem with any solution."     Be whichever person you prefer.  

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1 minute ago, psolk said:

And I will file you under ignore for the personal insult.  

Like I said"There are two types of people in the world, those that will find a solution to any problem and those that will find a problem with any solution."     Be whichever person you prefer.  

I prefer to live in the real world and accept things aren't perfect rather than choose to ignore problems in order to be able to continue to slavishly adore something

6 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

It seems to be for some people - just as it's highly unstable for some and not for others,

I can make my MFS stutter at will if I set up extreme conditions for my hardware. Doesn’t mean it is a stuttery mess all over. 

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just now, Dominique_K said:

I can make my MFS stutter at will if I set up extreme conditions for my hardware. Doesn’t mean it is a stuttery mess all over. 

And other people seem to have a different experience. I suspect (or at least hope) most people's experience is closer to your but that doesn't seem to be universal.

5 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I prefer to live in the real world and accept things aren't perfect rather than choose to ignore problems in order to be able to continue to slavishly adore something

Live in the real world by hurling insults from behind a keyboard on Flightsim forums over a simulated game...  Got it   Holy irony batman

Who said I don't accept things aren't perfect?  I also don't "slavishly adore" anything, I am however more positive than negative about what we have and extremely grateful about it while hoping the bugs get ironed out opposed to picking it apart and only harping on the negative with no recognition of the positive.  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Just now, psolk said:

Who said I don't accept things aren't perfect?  I also don't "slavishly adore" anything, I am however more positive than negative about what we have and extremely grateful about it while hoping the bugs get ironed out opposed to picking it apart and only harping on the negative with no recognition of the positive.  

I'm more than happy to accept the positives and there are many, but there is still so much technical debt from the decision to release MSFS in it's original state that for example claiming that it's OK that some planes were left in a largely unusable state comes across as ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I'm more than happy to accept the positives and there are many, but there is still so much technical debt from the decision to release MSFS in it's original state that for example claiming that it's OK that some planes were left in a largely unusable state comes across as ridiculous.

No one said it was OK, that's why they are trying to address it and so let me get this straight, you would have rather had no sim the past year, no Bell 47, no H135, no CRJ's, no DC-6's none of the progress we had in order for them to fix the default planes?  Personally I'm glad the default planes are the last thing they are addressing, historically default planes are place holders until the add-on devs who charge as much for their single aircraft as ASOBO charges for the entire sim come along and fill in the gap...    What other planes are unflyable?  The default TBM is a flippin gem compared to most of the default planes we've had in the past!  I don't remember ANY default planes with all the advanced functionality of the base MSFS aircraft.  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

5 minutes ago, psolk said:

No one said it was OK, that's why they are trying to address it and so let me get this straight, you would have rather had no sim the past year, no Bell 47, no H135, no CRJ's, no DC-6's none of the progress we had in order for them to fix the default planes?  Personally I'm glad the default planes are the last thing they are addressing, historically default planes are place holders until the add-on devs who charge as much for their single aircraft as ASOBO charges for the entire sim come along and fill in the gap...    What other planes are unflyable?  

I defininely would have been happier if the release had been pushed back - if an extra year was necessary then yes, though I think Asobob might have been able to get something much closer to ready by the Holiday season especially if they had started paying attention to what the alpha/beta testers were telling them.

MSFS charged a lot for this sim, ESPECIALLY those who paid extra for the Premium/Premium Deluxe versions and they in particular have been ill served by what was delivered. (Personally as someone who paid for the premium deluxe content I would to see it unlocked by MSFS so the same modding prowess that has vastly improved the unencrypted planes can be applied to this content - if that has the result that people who didn't pay for these planes still get to fly them then I consider that an acceptable trade-off)

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, psolk said:

The Sim is a stuttery mess?  Almost a year without progress?  I would have to disagree. Not to mention the Asobo default planes are by far the most advanced default planes we've EVER had in a sim.  So much so I don't think I have EVER flown a default plane in any other sim other than the Cessna at Meigs years ago... 

If I go to the screenshot forum your pics and praise would counter what you just wrote.  Are you being ironic or just jumping on the bandwagon? 

Can you please share with me how much progress MSFS has made since the initial release? I don't mean third party or community mods. I mean actual MSFS progress.

Maybe I'm blind because I'm experiencing a sim that is worse than its initial released.

The sim was beautiful on release day and it still is (except for the distance LOD,) but I've hammered my concerns over and over again and issues are yet to be resolved. I don't bury my head in the sand. I tell it like it is and I don't give a dam what anyone else thinks. I respect everyone's opinion! I will not be silenced when I know the sim can be better and I'm hoping that one day it becomes my only sim.

I'm grateful for MSFS and paid the full price to show that I want it to succeed. All I'm asking for is a sim experience that is not ruined by pauses and stutters on almost every flight. I don't really care about an FD, when the base sim has a long way to go.

Good luck finding any progress.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Dominique,

I get your point, but this sim was silky smooth months ago with LOD (tree mod) where you could see trees as far as the haze allowed. That was with an ultra setting.

Now the mod doesn't work and I get pauses and stutters even in regions like the Caribbean where there is not much detail. They did something to the sim. If it's not breaking the watermasks, it's the mesh. If it's not the LOD, it's missing the live weather feature. Airplanes still don't behave properly on the ground. The list goes on and on.

I'm still supporting the sim and I'm doing everything I can to try to enjoy my flights including lowering my settings or posting beautiful pics.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

55 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Dominique,

I get your point, but this sim was silky smooth months ago with LOD (tree mod) where you could see trees as far as the haze allowed. That was with an ultra setting.

Now the mod doesn't work and I get pauses and stutters even in regions like the Caribbean where there is not much detail. They did something to the sim. If it's not breaking the watermasks, it's the mesh. If it's not the LOD, it's missing the live weather feature. Airplanes still don't behave properly on the ground. The list goes on and on.

I'm still supporting the sim and I'm doing everything I can to try to enjoy my flights including lowering my settings or posting beautiful pics.

Hey Jose 

I do believe you, you are not alone but I also observe that there are few places where I get stutters, one being the LA basin for instance. I had few pauses months ago, I even initiated a post about it, but no more. 

I have a weak computer (see sig) but even with quite high settings, the sim is smooth for me. 

I have Bijan’s trees but no other scenery or utility mods or addons, freeware or payware. I fly the Spit, Corsair and DC6. 

In a nutshell I keep it lean, very lean. Not sure that it is a miracle recipe but as a great American once said ’ a good man always knows his limitations’ 😁

So when you speak of MFS as a stuttery mess, its a bit excessive generalization. I would say, and you will not like it, that stutters and pauses are at least partly, user induced.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

it's missing the live weather feature

It's not missing.

21 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

refuse to participate in the improvement process.

If you don't go out to vote, you don't get to criticize the government. 

You have reading comprehension issues.

If you pay taxes or pay to own software you have every right to complain!

Asus P6T deluxe v.2 MB, i7 940 3.5ghz CPU, 6gb ddr3 1600 Ram, ,1K watt Antec PS, 300gb 10k rpm vraptor HDD, Windows 7pro 64, nvidea 470 GTX, Track IR4, Matrox TH2G w/21" displays, Saitek X52 pro hotas and yoke, CH pedels, Butt Kicker

Only Avsimmers will see something like this and take it as a negative. You guys just need to sit your entitled butts down and be quiet for a minute. As others have said, no other sim in the past has given us a suite of default aircraft this advanced. Usually default aircraft are released and that's it for the lifetime of that sim. Default planes in FSX still don't have functioning taxi lights last I checked.

Enough of the bellyaching. Just be happy they're further improving the base sim and get on with your lives. Such a whiny bunch smh.

• Like 5

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

This one got off topic rather quickly and the personal attacks ensued. 

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator