Sign in to follow this  
gboz

FPS increase coming?

19 minutes ago, espent said:

You can check out how it looks on Xbox now:

https://www.twitch.tv/jurdman

Preview with Microsoft Australia

My god, this is what we've become.....I am stunned. 

edit:- the only graphical option available to change on xbox is HDR on or off

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

God forbid someone having fun...

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

20 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

My god, this is what we've become.....I am stunned. 

I see what you mean... the sunglasses.  Who sims with sunglasses on?  

• Like 5

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

If I am "Limited by MainThread" with my i9-9900K, will this performance update help me? I also have a 3080GTX and I do get stutters and it's not really a smooth experience. Thanks!

Edited by iFlySimX

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

3 hours ago, Alcides Segovia said:

See. My only complaint is the tree distance issue. Otherwise, I feel like my immersion from the visuals has not changed since release. Thinking back to release what I’ve been unhappy about I’m still unhappy about. For example. 

-LOD Of photogrammetry so that building in the NYC skyline don’t look like a pointy triangle arriving into EWR or JFK. 

- Constant headaches with the FPS looking forward. 
- Tearing of the ground while the scenery loads and morphs. 

Everything else for me has improved in visual and performance. I remember a day I took off from EWR on a overcast day. The sim became a  slideshow as I climbed in the clouds because clouds were a FPS hog in the beginning. Nowadays, I see an improvement with anything that has to do clouds. 

Pretty much the same for me. Most of the people whining about MSFS now are the same ones who were whining during the alpha and proclaimed MSFS to be a dud. The facts and actual data have proven them wrong but they have not given up on their whining and they never will.

I am still amazed by MSFS even after having it since launch. Sometimes, it feels too good to be true.

• Like 5

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

46 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

If I am "Limited by MainThread" with my i9-9900K, will this performance update help me? I also have a 3080GTX and I do get stutters and it's not really a smooth experience. Thanks!

Apparently yes, Asobo have unloaded the main thread more during optimisation for this update, so it should.

The glass instruments (G1000 etc.) have been sent to a different thread I believe Asobo said, hopefully they found a few more items as well.  

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, virtuali said:

I cannot explain why this explanation is wrong without breaking an NDA, and I can't even possibly say if this a real problem or not, because it's even possible the issues you might have read about this won't happen in the 27th release, since it's possible the release won't be the same as the last Beta.

So, let's wait a few days to see how the final release will be and THEN, assuming those LODs issues you read about ( or experienced first hand with 3rd party products, if you have the Beta ) will still be there, I will be able to tell you exactly why your assumption about this problem being caused by developers not following the SDK is incorrect. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

Based on past experience with beta and alpha testers panicking and spreading FUD, I am almost sure this will be a minor issue at best. 

I've been flight simming for 2+ decades and early testers acting like chicken little has remained a constant throughout my simming experience. This is nothing surprising. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Slides said:

Based on past experience with beta and alpha testers panicking and spreading FUD, I am almost sure this will be a minor issue at best. 

I've been flight simming for 2+ decades and early testers acting like chicken little has remained a constant throughout my simming experience. This is nothing surprising. 

You should see how some act on the beta forum. You'd think it was an impending doom lol

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, devgrp said:

You should see how some act on the beta forum. You'd think it was an impending doom lol

I can imagine. I know that subset of our community very well. Have been dealing with them for 20+ years across multiple titles and it doesn't change. They over exaggerate every single issue.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Hopefully, the beta build with the sudden "pop in" of taxiway signs was just for beta testing only and Asobo has another build where there is no sudden "popping in" of objects for the final July 27th release.  To be honest, if the FPS improved already with the other optimization that Asobo did with the multi CPU threading, it's not necessary to suddenly "pop in" objects, compared to the current public release we are using now.  I guess we will find out on July 27th.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

the beta build with the sudden "pop in" of taxiway signs was just for beta testing only

If it's an issue only affecting 3PD airports, I can deal with it until it's fixed.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Slides said:

If it's an issue only affecting 3PD airports, I can deal with it until it's fixed.

The problem is that with Gaya developing airports that are included in World Updates, the distinction between Asobo and 3rd party airports gets diluted more and more.

We already have similar problems in Gaya's handcrafted airports from the World Updates that we see in other 3rd party addon airports, like misconfigured taxiways and missing frequencies/autotune.

Yes. It looks very smooth. Both internal and external cam is great.

Loading times are also good.

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

7 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

hey Jeremy

Do you think a New York minute that MS doesn’t know that people will leak when setting up such a lax beta environment, that it is not even a risk they take, it is a certitude. I know of serial leakers since the alpha ( not on Avsim) that are still beta-ing. MS hasn’t ejected them from their list. I would go as far as saying that the leaks are a good trial balloon to test the water.

To put Asobo in the defensive is exactly what it is made for. The updates are mandatory, I didn’t ask for them when buying the sim, and the last eleven months have made us a bit worry of MS ability to deliver something clean. Add to it that SU5 should be the mother of all updates.

At last, the beta process is not a gift to us but a means recommended by the community to speed up their debugging process.  Their loss if they stop the process.

It's not about whether or not Microsoft expects this to happen. It's about personal and professional integrity. It's disappointing to see so many people that seem to lack that. When you agree to an NDA, you are promising not to talk about it. Then when you DO talk about it (especially if you are a Microsoft Partner or a third party dev), it shows just how much disregard you have for your own commitment. It's something ingrained in me that I can't easily shed. That is all. 

As for Microsoft, their handling of the sim has already been fairly puzzling, starting with their Marketplace. To allow utter garbage in the official store of your sim is... beyond the pale. To operate a market where you are literally the LAST person to deliver updates to products as well as no proof of purchase of specific products? That is incompetency at its best (worst?)

I am gonna 86 myself from this thread now as it has become unpleasant a while ago and I'd rather not surround myself with negativity. There are lots of GREAT things about the sim (and other sims) that I enjoy a lot, and I think I want to focus my energy on that instead. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1