Sign in to follow this  
spilok

How do you primarily use MSFS?

VFR or IFR?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use MSFS primarily for VFR flight or IFR flight?

• VFR
    • IFR

Almost all low and slow VFR.  I am following GPS, but mostly in VFR conditions.  Part of that is that it is summer here and the weather where I fly is usually pretty uneventful outside of some small pockets of thunderstorms. 

Honestly I doubt I've been over 10,000 feet much in the sim. 

• Like 1

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Almost exclusively IFR in the CJ4. I haven't even tried the other planes 

• Like 1

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Both equally.

Was a tubeliner simmer primarily before MSFS, but mainly because it wasn't enjoyable to fly VFR at all. This is the first sim where flying VFR looks and feels amazing and dare I say it, real.

Now I have an Xbox on the way, I expect I'll fly VFR mostly while chilling out on the sofa, and will use the PC for the tubeliners where it's useful to also use things like Navigraph and VATSIM etc.

Edited by Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

VFR. though I might do an IFR flight here and there 

Both.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Technically, since it states primarily, it cannot be both.

Personally, I use it for both, but primarily use it for VFR. I need some good IFR planes, to be honest... and the scenery just invites to VFR flying, IMO. 🙂

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Both but mostly VFR.

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! - Isaiah 5,20

There needs to be another option in there. I plan on using it for plane spotting and making beautiful landing and takeoff cinematic videos. Especially looking forward to the improved AI Assist feature in SU5! Now just waiting for AIG OCI for the AI traffic.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I would have said both, but the circling around the final waypoint preceding an approach ticked me off so much I stopped doing IFR flights until that is fixed. So now it’s all VFR using the Skypark and having a blast. 

• Like 1

Only IFR. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Primarily VFR.

The fact that I can fly VFR using VFR sectionals without a moving maps feature was groundbreaking for me.

I do fly IFR with piston props and small jets. But not as much.

I fly significantly more in MSFS than I did with previous sims because of the increased ability to fly VFR more realistically.

• Like 1

MSFS, NaviGraph Charts & FMS, Pilot2ATC, FsHub
R5 3600X ,RTX 2060S, 32GB, SSD

1 hour ago, anden145 said:

Personally, I use it for both, but primarily use it for VFR. I need some good IFR planes, to be honest... and the scenery just invites to VFR flying, IMO. 🙂

Good point.  I do both as well, but PRIMARILY, I fly VFR in MSFS!

Stan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anden145 said:

I fly 50/50, how should I vote? (ducks to avoid flying mug of coffee).

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

I selected VFR but it’s probably a 60/40 split in reality.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Both.

If I flight plan it is usually IFR.

But a lot of times I just pick an airport and take off VFR and decide when to land often in a field or river bank.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager