Sign in to follow this  
John Fields

Update is Live!!

1 hour ago, Brandon01110 said:

I was getting over 700fps and it was taxing my 3090 at 100% at 60c temp.  I actually had to restart the download after changing the nvidia control panel settings to vertical sync.  Now the splash screen is locked at 60fps 13% at 47c temp.  I would have changed my refresh to 30 but I wanted to play some games in the mean time at 60 🙂  maybe something they can change in the future.

How does one lock the splash screen to 60fps?

Eric 

Can you please stop posting every 5 secs? It's barely bearable to update this thread for meaninful info, Ty.

Iñigo Bildarratz

1 minute ago, emsss78 said:

lucky what?? lol I didn't download the update..it was my fault not checking the store update first

lucky in the sense you can FLY while we only watch the slider ever so slowly crawl its way right

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I wonder why they don't change the update process. Instead of making everyone update at once, when they sign on, they should give users a few days, before making the update mandatory. Then everyone won't try and update at the same time overloading the servers. Similar to how windows 10 lets you delay an update for 7 days, or whatever it is. 

Let me put a big caveat on this that I do knot have any direct knowledge of the MSFS server side and network protocol, so this is me speaking as "experienced developer", not "MSFS development partner".   But it can be a lot more difficult in general to run multiple versions of a fully-online game than it is for an OS that only runs locally.   If you make any changes in network protocol, or if there are other incompatibilities between versions, you need to either run separate server farms, which eats extra resources and takes time to set up, or you need to build a compat layer into new versions of the game in addition to all the other stuff you're doing, which is development time you could be spending on something else.

Even if it's awkward and inconvenient, it's often easier and more effective to force everyone through an upgrade gate if you're only planning on having a split userbase for a short period of time.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 4

Just now, badger2000 said:

OK, 2 hours in and we're at 23%.  8% increase in the last hour! 

Until the update screen is randomly gone and you have to start at 0 like I am. This time I'm recording the update process

Got the update prompt...going to start now...wish me luck..lol

CPU: 7800X3D | RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo CL32 | Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 OC 

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

disable live traffic.

I've had it disabled for 20 days 😉

Weird just fired up MSFS and no update screen popped up? Just went right into the game normally...  ???

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Just now, emsss78 said:

Got the update prompt...going to start now...wish me luck..lol

Ahhhh you are GROUNDED sir

No more flying for many hours now

Just now, peppy197 said:

Ahhhh you are GROUNDED sir

No more flying for many hours now

LOL..the connection seems not bad...let's wait and see , at 2% now after 3 minutes 

CPU: 7800X3D | RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo CL32 | Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 OC 

3 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Weird just fired up MSFS and no update screen popped up? Just went right into the game normally...  ???

You need to update it through the Windows Store.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM