Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

The dev team has acknowledged the issues...

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

That is exactly what I have been seeing since SU5, and frankly, it sucks, 

Strangely enough i dont see that degradation. Mine looks like picture one i guess.

Have flown low and slow from KATL-8A1-KMEM-KDEN-KASE with crisp building and ground textures 

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 minute ago, Michael Moe said:

Strangely enough i dont see that degradation. Mine looks like picture one i guess.

Have flown low and slow from KATL-8A1-KMEM-KDEN-KASE with crisp building and ground textures 

Michael Moe

Well can you then explain so that we can understand, how so many are seeing this degradation and even Asobo is admitting that it is a problem that they hope to fix? Are their two versions of SU5 that were released, and one was a Placebo with no problems, and the other was the SU5 version with issues?

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Well can you then explain so that we can understand, how so many are seeing this degradation and even Asobo is admitting that it is a problem that they hope to fix? Are their two versions of SU5 that were released, and one was a Placebo with no problems, and the other was the SU5 version with issues?

Hi Bob, i cant explain anything

Lets try a location on your choice

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

9 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi Bob, i cant explain anything

Lets try a location on your choice

Michael Moe 

I just cannot understand how anyone using a standard PC with a standard monitor cannot see the changes to the lighting and shadows amongst other degrades. It's so obvious that the whole exercise was to get the performance up to make the sim usable on an XBox? And to do so they have had to compromise the graphical quality at the expense of PC users.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I just cannot understand how anyone using a standard PC with a standard monitor cannot see the changes to the lighting and shadows amongst other degrades. It's so obvious that the whole exercise was to get the performance up to make the sim usable on an XBox? And to do so they have had to compromise the graphical quality at the expense of PC users.

Maybe i am blind but the middle picture look almost something from FSX were pic 1 and 3 looks like MSFS to me .

Were is this location btw ? Maybe i can try it out but as i was telling my sim looks more like pic 1 and 3 to me ,

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

10 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

86241.jpg

• Like 9

Maybe i am blind but the middle picture look almost something from FSX were pic 1 and 3 looks like MSFS to me .

Were is this location btw ? Maybe i can try it out but as i was telling my sim looks more like pic 1 and 3 to me ,

Michael Moe

And that fine. If you are happy with it that's great. I however am not and just can't believe what they have done to what once a beautiful thing to behold. Do you seriously think that the FPS increase was achieved through optimisation alone?

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 2

Is this what Asobo wants our simulation to look like? Saturation and Bloom taken to +100? 

Iñigo Bildarratz

The lighting even looks different in their video, looks like the gamma was too extreme for the Youtube encoding (pretty sure it was). Most likely the Youtube encoding clipped it. Youtube is supposed to be to handle HDR, but I've heard it doesn't encode it right.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

2 hours ago, RustyFlyer said:

Utter nonsense. ........visibility is *often* significantly greater than "6 or 7 miles at best". In fact, ..........we often see the ..........(13 - 32 miles from aircraft depending on route & location of aircraft), and we *often* see ....... approx. 85 miles away in Massachusetts.

complete nonsense! currently I see nothing but rain, and more rain, where we live. and that is mid summer. I guess we call it weather or weather change .... ?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

2 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

Is this what Asobo wants our simulation to look like? Saturation and Bloom taken to +100? 

It's nothing to do with bloom and saturation. It's about the subtlety of the lighting, contrast and shadows. They've dumbed them down for extra FPS for the XBox.

5 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

And that fine. If you are happy with it that's great. I however am not and just can't believe what they have done to what once a beautiful thing to behold. Do you seriously think that the FPS increase was achieved through optimisation alone?

No i think i believe my fellow simmers 🙂 something is buggy ,

I took these above Chicago , they seems ok ? check them out and judge please

https://ibb.co/DtTXKyM

https://ibb.co/MhTnwMS

https://ibb.co/THT0GBJ

Thanks Michael Moe

• Like 2

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

judge please

I have often seen screenshots from MSFS where I had to take a second look if they were indeed screenshots or irl pictures. That's what made me a bliever from day1. With all the pictures surfacing now to prove everything's fine I only need a short glance to realize it's from a game. That goes for your three pictures as well, and I viewed them in full resolution.

Edited by Tom_L
  • Like 3

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

4 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

I have often seen screenshots from MSFS where I had to take a second look if they were indeed screenshots or irl pictures. That's what made me a bliever from day1. With all the pictures surfacing now to prove everything's fine I only need a short glance to realize it's from a game. That goes for your three pictures as well, and I viewed them in full resolution.

not sure i understand ? , i think it looks great , then i shall have glasses 😀

Here i take 3 from the KMSP area

https://ibb.co/rFTT6Br

https://ibb.co/9hPWtBG

https://ibb.co/4Nyqjp3

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png