Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

P3D purchasers of PMDG 737 may get it for free in MSFS?

59 minutes ago, turbomax said:

they could price it at 150 $ minus your 99$ credit, and for new customers offer an introductory time-limited special rebate "because-we-are-such-a-nice-company" promo code so that everybody ends up paying no more than 50 $ or whatever. but only while supplies last. 😊 marketing is flexible.

This is almost certainly what they will do.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

46 minutes ago, rka said:

That's how I conclude my prayers every night since I first flew the CJ4

welcome to the club. I think one could hear such intentions between the lines, when Matt Nischan and gang were introduced by Joerg Neumann/Microsoft in one of these monthly videos with Asobo. Joerg knows very well that MSFS is currently missing out in the FMC/PFD department, and he wants to make MSFS the best it can be. the CJ4 is just the beginning. if they can and will do helicopters, they sure can improve the airliners in this regard, after what WorkingTitle has shown and given us already, all free of charge.

this will give PMDG a run for their B737 money. I for one won't be paying 100 $ for their 737 until I know for sure that MS/Asobo/WorkingTitle won't improve the airliner cockpits. But I am sure they will 😊

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

4 hours ago, arwasairl said:

Trust me, people who can afford Ferraris won't even buy PMDG for $500

Trust me, people who can afford Ferraris fly their own Citation CJ3+ Jet. And began with FSX only a few years ago.

https://citationmax.com/

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

and Matt Nischan and the travelling WorkingTitles band, I assume we will see upgrades to the 747/787/A320 FMC/autopilot in the future just as for the CJ4, paid for by MS/Asobo.

That wasn’t my comment.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I, for one, would really not like to see some of the P3D addon prices return. I'm sure a lot of you remember the it's priced high for legal reasons, but I don't think that applies to MSFS' platform.

So what is the justification, now, for a $140 add on? I love complex airliners, but I'm not sure I want to pay over $100 AGAIN for an airplane with updates. 

I'm hoping Fenix comes in around $75 or lower. Also hoping PMDG comes in lower than $100. Having to be honest with myself, if the 73 (or any plane) comes in at over $100 I will not be buying it first day. I'll wait for a sale. Yes, I can afford the planes, but there's nothing wrong with my P3D installation. I'll wait them out if they go too high.

• Like 2

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Not sure I if I will ever own a PDMG plane.

The only reason I own Carenado's past products are because they went on extremely cheap sales quite often.

PDMG have always produced the aircraft that I have already grown sick of as the vanilla versions in flight sims unfortunately.🤣

The vanilla 747/787/A320 in MSFS made me tired of the aircraft overall... so by the time purchasing a top payware version of one for $140 comes around I don't feel a desire for them any longer.

Luckily for me this time there was no vanilla 737 in MSFS  to grow sick of 🤣..so we'll see.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I unfortunately purchased the NGXu after the promotional period, so I would have to pay full price for the MSFS 737. I feel like I have done this several times. I like their products but it’s a tough pill to swallow to continue paying full price for the same plane. I can afford to buy it, but it remains to be seen if I will. I really wish they would offer some discount, even if it’s less, to their loyal customers who purchased the plane after the promotional period was over. It’s their business though, so I have to do what’s best for me.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Right now I'll pay $250 for a fully functional airliner, I don't care. Bring it!

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Why not go for $500 mate. Oh hell $1000. When will it stop?

• Like 4

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Anyone remember that "study level" 737 NG for FSX that had like a $600 price tag and the devs were super secretive? Ariane I think?

PMDG prevailed with a better product for a lower price. Theres no more Ariana (sp) 737. 😉

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Man, I’d like to have some of what a bunch of you are smoking.  PMDG is gonna charge through the nose for this, like they always do.  And people are going to complain, but PMDG don’t care what you think.  And there’s going to be a core of folks who buy it at that price because we’re addicted, and we can’t stop making self destructive decisions.  I’d love to not be in that group, but I probably am.  I bought the fsx version, and the p3d version, and the newest version only slightly before I ragequit p3d, so I’ve never actually flown it.  Also I bought it after the promo period.  So I’m screwed.  If you think PMDG is going to come into some personal enlightenment about pricing levels that would actually even make them more money as well as selling more copies, you are mistaken.  They view the exorbitant price with pride.  If you bought the “legal reasons” argument before, (for the p3dversion) I feel sorry for you.  Will somebody else just please make a decent mid-complexity 737?  Aerosoft? QW? Anyone?

5 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

That would be the likes of Aerosoft and their airliners are in the 50-65$ range.

If some folks are expecting to get a PMDG 737 for under 100$ than they are in for a major letdown. That's just my opinion

So is PMDG if they aren't careful about pricing.

• Like 5

The Aerowinx PSX is $300 (+$140 with the NG FMC addon) and that is well worth it. If a plane for MSFS approaches that level of fidelity, then even for that price, bring it! 

• Like 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

54 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

Man, I’d like to have some of what a bunch of you are smoking.  PMDG is gonna charge through the nose for this, like they always do.  And people are going to complain, but PMDG don’t care what you think.  And there’s going to be a core of folks who buy it at that price because we’re addicted, and we can’t stop making self destructive decisions.  

PMDG didn't charge "through the nose" for the DC-6. They priced the DC-6 at $55, which was less than the price on P3D and X-Plane. They anticipated that they would get more sales from the DC-6 by pricing it lower.  Now I'm going to assume the support for DC-6 versus the 737 would be comparable - actually, if you fly the DC-6 without the artificial engineer, it's supposed to be really hard to fly, maybe harder than the 737.  So if PMDG has enough support staff for the DC-6, they should have enough for the 737 as well, at the $55 price point.

One thing you have to understand is that when you raise the price by a certain amount, the drop in unit sales can be exponential.  For example, let's say PMDG may sell X copies of the 737 for $70 USD.  If PMDG doubles the price to $140, they may not sell 1/2 the copies of the 737 - they may sell 1/10 the copies of the 737.  In economics, we would say the demand curve is not linear, but it is convex, and the drop in demand rises exponentially if the price is increased.  If you work the math, X*70 results in much more profit and revenue for PMDG than (1/10)*140*X = X*14.  Of course, it may not necessarily be a 1/10 drop in sales if they go from $70 to $140, but that's to illustrate to you that the drop in demand can be exponential.  From my understanding, most demand curves for products in real life are not linear but are more likely to be convex, meaning there is an exponential drop in units sold with respect to a rising price.

So for this reason, PMDG cannot price like they did for P3D, or else they can lose out on a lot of sales (refer to my example of X*70 vs X*14 above).  I think the conditioning of MSFS players to expect lower prices will play a role in PMDG's pricing strategy for the 737.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

15 hours ago, Republic3D said:

I don't know, it was around €100 - €110 when I bought it I think. 

What do you think 100€ are in USD? 😉