Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

C337 Mixmaster coming!

15 minutes ago, RobJC said:

So what makes this plane so desirable? 

For me, it is something different. A push / pull twin with lots of character, good performance, but familiar enough to jump straight into (basically a C172 cockpit).

I also love the look of it with the twin booms.

Fun to practice single engine as well.  Engines are on the same axis, so no swing, but can vary in pitch. :biggrin:

PS. Lots of repaint opportunities as well.  Military variants and flying doctors etc. It looks cool in any skin anyway!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

10 minutes ago, RobJC said:

So what makes this plane so desirable? 

It has character.  There's a military version...an O2...that was used in Vietnam (see the movie Bat 21 with Danny Glover).  If I remember, it was also the last airplane that Carenado got the Avsim Gold Star award for (P3D/FSX).  The P3D version had an amazing Cessna feel to it...a pure pleasure to fly.

That said, I'll be sitting on my hands waiting.  I want to see how this goes since Carenado hasn't been matching anyone else's quality for some time.  I welcome the weather radar...certainly needed in a low flyer/cruiser, but I would have liked to have seen a more capable autopilot than the Cessna original.  A quick google shows how many of those were replaced in the real world.

• Like 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

1 minute ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

That said, I'll be sitting on my hands waiting.  I want to see how this goes since Carenado hasn't been matching anyone else's quality for some time.  I welcome the weather radar...certainly needed in a low flyer/cruiser, but I would have liked to have seen a more capable autopilot than the Cessna original.  A quick google shows how many of those were replaced in the real world.

Their recent MSFS Seneca is pretty good Gregg.  I like it.   It has proper precipitation radar as well.  Lots of good systems actually.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

Their recent MSFS Seneca is pretty good Gregg.  I like it.   It has proper precipitation radar as well.  Lots of good systems actually.

I, actually, have it.  I'm happy with it as long as I don't touch the autopilot or navigation controls.  But, if I owned one in the real world, I'd fix that stuff before I took it on a long IMC flight.  

• Like 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks guys for the info. This will be on my radar waiting to see how the reviews go. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I'll buy it.  /But,  I'd much rather have an OV-10 Bronco instead.    OV-10 would be a cargo carrying bush beast in NeoFly.

• Like 2

I will not buy anything more from Carenado as long as they only sell through the Marketplace.

• Like 4

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Looks nice, such a cool aircraft I’ll be sure to pick this up.

The post title reminds me of a song lyric that is now stuck in my head, “Mix Master, cut, cut, cut faster!”

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, turbomax said:

how about next tuesday, world update 6? the 337, the only twin that wouldn't kill you if you lost an engine on take off. the rear engine concept sounded too good to be true, truly unique but unsuccessful concept: often overheated, air cooling problems, just like todays GPUs/CPUs. I am so glad Carenado can re-use so much of their xplane/P3D design efforts in MSFS again, this reduces development time and cost. and the designs look better with each iteration. 

Just a heads up - the latest news update has announced WU6 has been pushed back to 7th Sept.

Double post - deleted

Edited by Matchstick

Will definitely be buying this ol' classic that I had a lot of hours in, back in the FSX days....... but..... only once Carenado release SU5 compatibility updates to their current fleet.  Wouldn't spend another penny with them until they've proved they will provide reasonable workability updates to their products.  If Marketplace is the reason they're behind pretty much everyone else in tems of updates, then they must internally question this odd Marketplace only policy they've adopted.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

8 hours ago, Republic3D said:

Yeah I think this one will be on the purchase list for me as well. Very unique plane. 

Great plane for observation, very maneuverable,  and flies fast when its time to return home!  Hope someone does the livery from the movie Bat-21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=065ygnrssgw&ab_channel=RayActon

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

32 minutes ago, JYW said:

Will definitely be buying this ol' classic that I had a lot of hours in, back in the FSX days....... but..... only once Carenado release SU5 compatibility updates to their current fleet.  Wouldn't spend another penny with them until they've proved they will provide reasonable workability updates to their products.  If Marketplace is the reason they're behind pretty much everyone else in tems of updates, then they must internally question this odd Marketplace only policy they've adopted.

I don’t know for sure, but by the sounds of it I don’t think it’s a marketplace issue from their post on Facebook page, in saying that they did confirm we should get a fix in a couple days. I won’t be able to hold off on this one though and will be taking the plunge on the c337, if I get burnt with it then I’ll know for the future. 

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel.