Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

C337 Mixmaster coming!

14 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Maybe they were waiting for today’s patch to be released?

Based on past experience with marketplace delays I suspect it's more likely MSFS just didn't have enough staff processing marketplace files to put it up yet.

Maybe today.... (there's a cheap one right now on FSE if you want to take a gamble on that)

Edited by Matchstick

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Maybe they were waiting for today’s patch to be released?

Yeah perhaps.  I have been saving my pennies!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I was hoping it would be announced in today's development update but no dice.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Carenado needs to sell direct because I'm not touching marketplace versions of addons.

• Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Just now, blueshark747 said:

Carenado needs to sell direct because I'm not touching marketplace versions of addons.

I wish!  I have waited for this for some time, but it looks like they are not turning. 

I think they may have some kind of deep rooted exclusivity deal with Microsoft, and by the look of the excellent modelling on some of the default aircraft, I wouldn't be surprised if they helped develop them with MS from early on, like how Orbx helped with the airports.

Then there is always the bonus of marketplace encryption / protection of course.  Carenado planes were ripped off terribly in FSX, so I bet they are quite happy where they are. 

• Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

9 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I wish!  I have waited for this for some time, but it looks like they are not turning. 

I think they may have some kind of deep rooted exclusivity deal with Microsoft, and by the look of the excellent modelling on some of the default aircraft, I wouldn't be surprised if they helped develop them with MS from early on, like how Orbx helped with the airports.

Then there is always the bonus of marketplace encryption / protection of course.  Carenado planes were ripped off terribly in FSX, so I bet they are quite happy where they are. 

I doubt they are happy, they had massive problems in August with the post-SU5 debacle when (like everyone) they couldn't get patches released and took a beating on social media and now they can't get their new plane onto the store.

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

I doubt they are happy, they had massive problems in August with the post-SU5 debacle when (like everyone) they couldn't get patches released and took a beating on social media and now they can't get their new plane onto the store.

Well there is that I suppose! :biggrin:  That's the same for everyone else on the marketplace.  All they can do is put pressure on MS / Asobo.

I think the worst I heard was Carenado waited over six weeks for a Mooney CTD patch to be posted on the marketplace - that wasn't good, and it might be part of what you are referring to.

Edited by bobcat999

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 minute ago, bobcat999 said:

Well there is that I suppose! :biggrin:  I suppose it is the same for everyone else on the marketplace.  All they can do is put pressure on MS / Asobo.

But unlike almost everyone else I can think of, Carenado don't have the option of selling direct or through third party store to avoid the worst of the pain when MSFS mess things up.

• Like 1

Are there any other devs that sell exclusively on the Marketplace?  Seems odd that they wouldn’t branch into multiple sales channels.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

32 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Seems odd that they wouldn’t branch into multiple sales channels.

It is odd, as they have a perfectly functioning website themselves for sales.  Like I said earlier, Carenado were quite early to the marketplace last year, so I think they had already done some work with MS / Asobo and they have some kind of exclusivity deal, otherwise I cannot think why they would persist with this with the flack they get for slow updates.

• Like 2

Fall of 2020 they told me that have a contract with Microsoft.  Contracts usually expire though after a certain amount of time.  

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

Are there any other devs that sell exclusively on the Marketplace?  Seems odd that they wouldn’t branch into multiple sales channels.

I couldn't think of any devs who were in that position for everything they produce, closest I can think of are planes that are developed by 3rd parties but sold by MS like the Ju-52 and the upcoming AN-2

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Well there is that I suppose! :biggrin:  That's the same for everyone else on the marketplace.  All they can do is put pressure on MS / Asobo.

I think the worst I heard was Carenado waited over six weeks for a Mooney CTD patch to be posted on the marketplace - that wasn't good, and it might be part of what you are referring to.

And the Mooney still has problems months later, you retard the throttle after landing and the engine quits on the runway. I don't fly it anymore. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310