Sign in to follow this  
Manny

I HATE DISCORD!

DISCORD.... even the name is repulsive !  I hate it.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

1 hour ago, gdjak said:

It's just a list of chatrooms, I'm not sure what's supposed to be complicated about that.

Chatrooms? Discord is a very old message board style format from the early to mid 90’s. Very backward. And imitates being in a crowded room with everyone talking at once. 

Discord meaning lack of harmony. Got that part right!

Edited by Doug47
  • Like 2

Take the time to learn it (Discord). It was extremely complicated to me initially and parts still are but reading thru the FBW Discord for example can be very interesting and informative. Plus post a question there and you will have an answer in seconds.

• Like 3

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 hours ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

How is this compared to FBW a320?

Its the Best aircraft out there. I fly the A330 Exclusively. Not the CS777  does not come close to it . I used to like the Boeing 737 800 but its short turn around aircraft.  Is it better than the A220  Hmmm Don't like the short Turn around aircraft 🙂

Is it better than the CRJ (Aerosoft ) CRJ is too much work. 🙂 So is the Boeing DC9

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Take the time to learn it (Discord). It was extremely complicated to me initially and parts still are but reading thru the FBW Discord for example can be very interesting and informative. Plus post a question there and you will have an answer in seconds.

Absolutely !! I am member in 4 different servers. Mostly just reading - and as you say - have a question and within seconds someone would respond. To be honest, I actually like DISCORD.

Forums can sometimes be boring - but not if there are some handbag fights going on .. 😆😂

Edited by SAPilot
added text
  • Like 3

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

Discord is great. It’s a great tool for communication, organizing things, has great addons for example for WoW Raidplanning etc. 

Not so much for file downloading….

edit: lol. Took me 2 minutes to find the Download link in discord. Really not so complicated if you can read and click. 

Edited by swiesma

I've never used Discord, but judging by the opposing opinions in this thread, the name seems appropriate: n. disagreement between people.😆

(Someone's probably going to point out that the name was intentionally ironic...)

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Really don’t understand the problem with it. But then I’ve been using it for 5 years with my WoW guild. It’s like someone combined Teamspeak and forums into one app basically. Well originally that’s what it was. They’ve since added features to make it more along the lines of other big video conferencing apps to target more than just gamers once the pandemic hit and people started using apps like zoom to keep in contact with family. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

5 hours ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

How is this compared to FBW a320?

No where near the level of FBW. I would wait and pay for Aerosoft's A330 to be honest at least you would have some system depth.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've been using Discord for about a year. I check the Working title channel daily and can communicate directly with the developers. I learn about progress they're making and discover help with files, scripts and binding with AAO and my Axair Miap and Mili and my new Behringer X-Touch Mini. I just got directed to templates  for various planes and 3d modeling knobs, etc. Loaded the AAO templates and didn't have to do any modifying. Lots of knowledgeable people and friendly, too.

Lots of other developer channels. 

Edited by mrbill38119
  • Like 1

Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi  i9900K, 64gb memory, 3070ti

Building: X670 Aorus Elite AX, X9750x3d, GSkill DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96 32gb, Gibabyte 3070ti, Noctua NH D15

14 hours ago, Eclex said:

I hate it.

Discord is in fact an extremely useful method of communication which allows the exchange of text messages, audio and video communication and the exchange of images and files up to 8MB in size. There is no advertising and for day to day use, it is free of charge. 
It is difficult to imagine how this could be hateful but of course, we are all different.
A Discord server is visible only to those who are its members, this can be as few as two, or even one if one really does not like to communicate.
To condemn the utility on the basis that it can be accessed by those who have no manners or with whom one has no desire to communicate is to deprive oneself of a very useful tool, especially for problem solving with flight simulators. Discord servers and channels can be moderated, just like forums can be.

• Like 1

Flight Simmers, perfectly alright flying incredibly technical aircraft but fall apart when trying to use a chat room....you couldn't make it up 😆 😜

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Yes, Discord works like the good old chat programs. It is confusing if you want to look for some information or a discussion thread in an organized way, like on a Forum software. I have no idea how the developer handle the chatting unless you have discord running all the time.

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

I use Discord sometimes, but I wonder how they make their money…

Edited by conundrum