Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Hey... guys... come now, they're on holidays...

I mean, the thread-intensive members of the forum... they're all so quiet these days ?

Might it be because they're all @ DA BEACH ?

Hmmm, they're all playing MFS and they don't want to admit ?

They're all at a party with Austin talking the future of X-Plane and drinking good red wine ?

They're all expecting Felis to release the 742 ?

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Hmmm, they're all playing MFS and they don't want to admit ?

^ Likely this.... 

In addition, summer is pretty quiet around these parts :smile:

• Like 1

No I don't....

My opinion would be unpopular, but I think it's fairly obvious most have long since left to MFS or just got bored and moved on.

• Like 6

XP11 is EOL

Theres not enough detail (and its likely to far from ready) on XP12 too really talk about it much between previews.

The most recent XP11 "hot" topics everyone was talking about are instaban topics on the org. 

Its also summertime and COVID just started season 2.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AutoATC Developer

I agree. XP11 forums are becoming like ghost towns.

The developers need to do a lot more than a quick coat of paint. There must be major improvements. Including grass! There must be VFR. There must be Wow. There must be performance.

Until that day, there must be No release.

• Upvote 1

I suspect that quite a number of the regulars just ran out of patience with the likes of Greazer, mSparks and Co.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Ah, censorship rears its ugly head. Looks like some posts, mine included, have been deleted. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Brian Mackie said:

I suspect that quite a number of the regulars just ran out of patience with the likes of Greazer, mSparks and Co.

You couldn't have hit that nail more squarely on the head if you tried.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

Ah, censorship rears its ugly head. Looks like some posts, mine included, have been deleted. 

Maybe you put yourself on your large ignore list? 😂

Yes, a more incensive post of mine was also removed, but I think that this is a problem that needs to be solved for this place to become a spot where people like to post and convene again.

We need to avoid:

• Mindless trolling that sounds like a broken record
  • Ranting about weird stuff that no one cares about
  • Mindless back and forth that sounds like Kindergarten fights about who gets to use the red shovel
  • Jumping on any post that includes negative remarks about X-Plane like Tuco Salamanca

Discuss in a civilzed manner, ignore or report trolls, don´t derail threads into why you hate Windows or the Unions...and we should be fine.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Speaking personally and without raising the old XP vs MSFS debate the main reason for me spending less and less time in XP is purely because of the better entertainment that MSFS offers. Entertainment in the sense that the new sim is a fast moving and vibrant scene. Ups and down no doubt but every day there is new freeware and payware to peruse and explore. And there are regular sim and world updates to keep people interested (although these come with fear and trepidation!) Every day, before I start the sim, I check through the sites and forums to see what's new or updated and it's all part of the overall experience.

it's no surprise to me that interest in XP has declined because there is nothing new to discuss. Hopefully XP12 will reverse the trend. The most enjoyable ever XP period was the Vulkan beta program for much the same reasona as above. It was fun and engaging. Who can forget the endless admonishment of those who had modified their art controls!😀 (I still have no clue about what an art control actually is?😀)

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I agree with John - the current period is very quiet on Laminar´s side - everyone is hunkered down to work on the next version. There are no regular updates, no blog posts, no beta to participate in. I expect this to change in the not too distant future 😉

I also enjoy these periods of buzz, the fear, the joy, the whining and jubilation. Some folks just want to use their simulator and fly around...I enjoy the part where it grows and changes as well.

Other software titles have understood this new way of keeping the customers attention. If you look at modern games like World of Warships, War Thunder, even DCS and certainly MSFS will keep everyone engaged with constant updates, events, etc. Maybe that is the way to go now.

Laminar does keep a stream (or trickle) of current news going, mostly on their Facebook site (which I boycott) and there is a current stream of news on various websites, too.

All in all this is the calm before the storm, though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Doesn't Laminar release a new feature preview video in the beginning of each month? If that's the case, a new feature preview video should be very close. I hope it is clouds or terrain textures.

Edited by BiologicalNanobot
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

You all posted what I also have been thinking. Though I got a bit tired by the end of the Vulkan beta run, it was overall fun and engaging. I’m looking forward to the Xplane 12 beta process.  It should be quite exciting since it will not just be a new rendering engine but all the features that new engine can make possible. Then we get to see developers make their contributions  work in the next gen simulator and develop fresh, new content.  Of course, there also will be the inevitable griping about this and that, along with the realization of the need to finally upgrade our 10 year old computers. 

It’ll be fun and remind us why we love this hobby. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jarmstro said:

it's no surprise to me that interest in XP has declined because there is nothing new to discuss.

I'm not sure I would go that far.

Ive logged more flight hours in XP11 in the last 4 or 5 months than I had in the entire previous period since I bought XP10.

Now probably logging time in it similar to CSGO.

The last time I posted on a counterstrike forum was something like 2001. 

Interest is there - theres just nothing much to say because "all bets are off" for the new stuff being worked on, and despite efforts to portray XP11 as practically perfect in every way, and demonise those of us who think it can be better; LR are aware there are new things needed and are working on it.

As far as new stuff, someone else pointed out the last couple of previews have been start of the month events, I expect September will be a good month for LR.

• Upvote 2

AutoATC Developer