Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

Is there a world update coming today?

10 hours ago, Alvega said:

I may be wrong, but I got the impression you think SU6 is coming tomorrow. It isn't. Tomorrow we'll get WU6. SU6 was planned do mid September but will probably be delayed to October.

Regarding your problem, I see you have an empty Community Folder, but the CTD's may be caused also by stuff on your content manager. I would try uninstalling what I can there (starting with stuff that wasn't updated after SU5) and see if it still crashes. I know people that had addons bought in the Market Place causing crashes and those are not removed when you empty the Community Folder.

Cheers.

Hi, Alvega,

This morning I tried to fly, but I couldn't because of the continuous CTDs.

So I disconnected the peripherals from the USB ports and start MSFS.

And, guess what, I had another CTD in less than a minute.

And relative to the Market Place: I have nothing installed.

Let's see what's coming today!

Regards.

Hi, everybody,

I have a question before the update: how can I reset all the settings of MSFS?

I would like to have the installation settings without uninstalling MSFS.

Thank you in advance.

6 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi, everybody,

I have a question before the update: how can I reset all the settings of MSFS?

I would like to have the installation settings without uninstalling MSFS.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry for this.

I remember now: reset to defaults.

I'm getting old.

🤐

5 hours ago, Noel said:

Has anyone read what WU6 is supposed to entail in terms of bug fixes?

There's some information in the August 19th Dev Update post.

In the meantime, here are some highlights from the World Update 6 release notes:

Stability

-Several crashes have been fixed across the title

Navigation

-Fixed ATC radar altitude so the ATC no longer asks you to change your altitude when it is not applicable -The VFR Map now displays information for latitudes beyond 75 degrees -New AIRAC cycle 2108 is now available

Activity

-Fixed crash in autosave in bushtrip missions when the user has a non-ASCII name

Planes

-SR22 performance and fuel consumption has been modified to better match POH -Gyro Drift is now correctly set when Aircraft Systems assistance preset is set to Easy / Medium / Hard

World

-“Offscreen terrain pre caching” graphics settings has been added (Low, Medium, High and Ultra). If set to Ultra, all the offscreen terrain will be cached at full quality which will reduce FPS drops and LOD popping when panning the camera but may impact overall performance -Maximum photogrammetry draw distance has been further increased. As a result, photogrammetry of downtown building areas will be visible from farther away -Cities at night are now more visible on the World map

VR

-The title no longer crashes when quitting the sim in VR -Various tutorial fixes: briefs and debriefs are properly displayed, players can complete all the objectives in VR now

SDK

-Fixed group displaying issue in the scenery editor -Projected Mesh not rendered when moving camera or adding new one in the Scenery editor (we force the loading of LOD 0) -Improved some text rendering for XML gauges -Plane debug screens now correctly calculate and display GPH/gallon per hour fuel consumptions (DebugAircraftEngines & DebugAircraftTracking)

Full release notes will be released with the update on September 7th.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, swiesma said:

What is the ETA of the Update today?

same procedure as every year James: was normally 3 p.m. UTC all the years before James.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I for one just wish that folks would simply say "my CTDs" instead of "the CTDs". Not everyone has them. A lot of people fly crash free with excellent scenery. It can be an unfair world at times.

Regards...Kenny.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Somebody else wrote 16:00 ZULU (4PM ZULU).

I'm going to let Gadget FPV be the Guinea Pig because he started the thread. If his computer breaks , then I'm gonna pass.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

6 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Somebody else wrote 16:00 ZULU (4PM ZULU).

I'm going to let Gadget FPV be the Guinea Pig because he started the thread. If his computer breaks , then I'm gonna pass.

To be fair, all I asked was when the update was happening, coz I couldn't remember... didn't expect a 7 page thread... 😁

• Like 2

Faisal Niazi

14 minutes ago, kenny584 said:

I for one just wish that folks would simply say "my CTDs" instead of "the CTDs". Not everyone has them. A lot of people fly crash free with excellent scenery. It can be an unfair world at times.

Regards...Kenny.

Agreed, I cant remember the last time I had a CTD. I actually like the stability of the sim so far. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kenny584 said:

Regards...Kenny.

Yep, totally..  It's like he who has the most CTDs shouts the loudest as well.  Almost like they expect Asobo to press a button on the front of one of their servers that solves "The CTDs"  Maybe it even has a big sign above it and they've just been walking past it every morning before they clock on. 

10 minutes ago, Gadget FPV said:

To be fair, all I asked was when the update was happening, coz I couldn't remember... didn't expect a 7 page thread... 😁

Because many people are hyped pre 15:59 zulu and many more will be ticked off around 16:10 zulu when they don't get their wishes. than the happy ones will defend against the sad ones than we will have another 10 page thread within a hour when Chaotic Beauty drops the WU6 thread, pure madness and popcorn worthy 😱

• Like 2

my main hope for this update is that the re-enable the rendering pipeline the PMDG DC-6 uses. PMDG said Asobo told them they've fixed the problems with a month ago, so it should in theory bring the DC-6 FPS up inline with the other aircraft.

2 minutes ago, Bigbluss said:

my main hope for this update is that the re-enable the rendering pipeline the PMDG DC-6 uses. PMDG said Asobo told them they've fixed the problems with a month ago, so it should in theory bring the DC-6 FPS up inline with the other aircraft.

Yes, that would be great, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

30 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

Yep, totally..  It's like he who has the most CTDs shouts the loudest as well.  Almost like they expect Asobo to press a button on the front of one of their servers that solves "The CTDs"  Maybe it even has a big sign above it and they've just been walking past it every morning before they clock on. 

Isn't that the normal way?  People with a issues tend to complain.  People who are happy, don't complain.

I really don't understand the lack of sympathy here for people having problems. 
What are people supposed to do if they are having CTD's and other problems?  Shut up and say nothing so that they don't hurt the feeling of the ones who think everything is fine?

I mean, even Asobo have admitted there are still some (maybe rare) CTD's to fix that they have detected, and they hope to fix them in this update, so it isn't like the problems don't exist.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.