Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

Is there a world update coming today?

3 hours ago, John Fields said:

My PC was built last year in july, expressly for MSFS 2020. 

- Intel R Core 9900K, Coffelake. 3,60 GHz.

- 32 G RAM.

- PSU Corsair HX 1200I AZ Digital (I think 1200 are referring to the watts).

- SSD Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB.

- GPU: VGA MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS XS.

I think this PC can carry MSFS 2020 without pain!

Regards.

I wonder what's wrong John.  I have a similar system and have done 4 2-3h flights in a row in the 787-10 w/o a CTD.  I did have a CTD last week in the NGXu shortly before final approach in the decade old, highly mature PoorlyPrepar3D 🤣

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

...and most since SU5. 

Hey Bob, SU5 was the XBOX release, w/ PC users dragged along kicking and screaming, "I want my Maypo!"  Highly predictable on both accounts, spoiled that our $119 product w/ copious world updates, planes that are actually very decent compared to the competition's stock planes.  Let's see how UnPrepar3D does when LM releases on OSX or Playstation.  Oh, that's right it's not for entertainment I forgot sorry...

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 hours ago, dobee51 said:

As angry old man, I don't mind waiting another day for the JU-52 but I hate having to take another bath.

Wait..... You have a bath every day?

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Most of the moderators and senior AvSim staff are “old men” as you so disrespectfully put it. Choose your words more carefully. Membership is a privilege, not a right.

now-old.gif

i am also not the youngest out there… so. But my wife says I behave like a 16 year old. And she’s right. 

Edited by swiesma

3 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

As opposed to fully in control and responsible young people?

Come on. Don’t be grumpy yet. The WU6 has not even dropped mate 🙂

6 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

Wait..... You have a bath every day?

Didn't think people took baths anymore. ???Shower is the only way to go. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Didn't think people took baths anymore. ???Shower is the only way to go. 

Axe……. Problem solved. 

Edited by swiesma

9 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

You'll know it has been released when the river of tears starts flowing again. 😄

Do you already know that it will break a lot of stuff?

A.

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Avsim never fails to disappoint!

The update isn't even out yet, and folks are already complaining. 

Are you the same user who wrote (in the sixth or seventh post of this thread, I think)

"You'll know it has been released when the river of tears starts flowing again. 😄"

?

So you got it started, remember?

A.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, John Fields said:

1) No, I haven't tried without my USB devices yet, but if SU6 does not fix the issues, I'll try it.

2) The cache is empty.

3)  NVIDIA 471,96 (but I have the problem with former versions, too. And I also tested the NVidia Studio Driver without success).

I'll wait to tomorrow and... we'll see!

Regards.

I may be wrong, but I got the impression you think SU6 is coming tomorrow. It isn't. Tomorrow we'll get WU6. SU6 was planned do mid September but will probably be delayed to October.

Regarding your problem, I see you have an empty Community Folder, but the CTD's may be caused also by stuff on your content manager. I would try uninstalling what I can there (starting with stuff that wasn't updated after SU5) and see if it still crashes. I know people that had addons bought in the Market Place causing crashes and those are not removed when you empty the Community Folder.

Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Incoming, brace yourselves 😆

Quick, enjoy a flight in SU5 before tree LOD is reduced to 1cm in return for 1000 FPS 🙃😛

I hope they fix the bleached out burning look of the world. The sun is 150,000,000km away but in MSFS they moved it to 75,000,000km 😷

Edited by ThrottleUp
  • Like 6

34 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I may be wrong, but I got the impression you think SU6 is coming tomorrow. It isn't. Tomorrow we'll get WU6. SU6 was planned do mid September but will probably be delayed to October.

Regarding your problem, I see you have an empty Community Folder, but the CTD's may be caused also by stuff on your content manager. I would try uninstalling what I can there (starting with stuff that wasn't updated after SU5) and see if it still crashes. I know people that had addons bought in the Market Place causing crashes and those are not removed when you empty the Community Folder.

Cheers.

I already suggested that about 15 posts back/. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

43 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Cheers.

That's true, but whenever they give us new scenery they have to at least fix some of the bugs or nobody will say Oooh Aaaah.

8 hours ago, Bigbluss said:

Right but nobody is saying they can't live without flying for a few days, are they? Simply that it's annoying that it won't work. I fly maybe once a week, but if this is a significant hobby for someone, I can understand why they'd be annoyed about things being broken.

The update hasn’t even been released yet…and already people are whining about things being broken. 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Republic3D said:

It's not Labor Day in France.

It's never a labor day in France.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.