Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

Is there a world update coming today?

2 hours ago, swiesma said:

If you can’t live without flying for 1 or 2 days after an update you should maybe get another hobby. Or friends. Or a real life. Or a cat/dog/pig whatever 🙂

Whenever Asobo messes up I shut down the pc and actually talk to my wife. She’s a little irritated then - but she gets used to it 😛 

We want to fly!

As a matter of fact, I couldn't fly 1 or 2 days. I can't fly a whole hour.

How come? Because I have CTD after CTD.

During the last weeks I've just concluded approximately a 20% (perhaps less) of my flights!

So... the most important thing for me isn't the new sceneries, new planes or races in Reno... Please, Asobo, fix the CTDs!

Regards. 

Edited by John Fields
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Better get my flying in today, no telling what tomorrow will bring. 🤨

I installed BMS Falcon just in case. lol

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

35 minutes ago, John Fields said:

We want to fly!

As a matter of facts, I couldn't fly 1 or 2 days. I can't fly a whole hour.

How come? Because I have CTD after CTD.

During the last weeks I've just concluded approximately a 20% (perhaps less) of my flights!

So... the most important thing for me isn't the new sceneries, new planes or races in Reno... Please, Asobo, fix the CTDs!

Regards. 

In most cases it’s not a problem of the App I would say. 
I think it’s at least 80% something on the community folder or a bad overclock or whatever. 

• Like 3

On Labor Day? LOL. No

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

5 minutes ago, styckx said:

On Labor Day? LOL. No

It's not Labor Day in France.

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

7 minutes ago, swiesma said:

I think it’s at least 80% something on the community folder or a bad overclock or whatever. 

Have disagree here - Asobo themselves seem to think there is a stability problem post SU5 which is why they are touting crash fixes as part of WU6.

But until there's some proper crash logging implemented in MSFS I suspect we'll never be properly be able to identify whether crashes are being caused by the sim, third party content or something else.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Republic3D said:

It's not Labor Day in France.

July to October is Labor Day in France

• Like 1

Just now, 6297J said:

July to October is Labor Day in France

Kind of true. 😄

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

3 hours ago, swiesma said:

When angry old man flood the forum…….

Most of the moderators and senior AvSim staff are “old men” as you so disrespectfully put it. Choose your words more carefully. Membership is a privilege, not a right.

• Like 17
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

Most of the moderators and senior AvSim staff are “old men” as you so disrespectfully put it. Choose your words more carefully. Membership is a privilege, not a right.

Ray,

I wear my age as a badge of honor. It means that I withstood all of the BS that youth and middle age threw at me and I came out stronger on the other side. You want to call me old. Knock yourself out,sonny. 😁

• Like 4

NAX669.png

43 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Hi,

No overclock here!

Listen: every time I have a CTD I empty immediately the Community folder and repeat the same fly, with the same settings, aircraft and runway. 

Result 90% of the times? = CTD!

For example: since SU5 I can't fly around LEMD, Madrid or EGKK, Gatwick. Never! I'm always having a CTD, no matter what aircraft, time of the day, weather, etc.

So, it can't be causing by anything in the Community folder, because it is empty..

I know that is hard to believe for people that is not having CTDs (or having a few of CTDs).

I'm looking forward next update, but I have my fears.

Regards.

By the way, I'm an old man that flies since FS version 3 (1987)

😀

Edited by John Fields

7 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

No overclock here!

Listen: every time I have a CTD I empty immediately the Community folder and repeat the same fly, with the same settings, aircraft and runway. 

Result 90% of the times? = CTD!

For example: since SU5 I can't fly around LEMD, Madrid or EGKK, Gatwick. Never! I'm always having a CTD, no matter what aircraft, time of the day, weather, etc.

So, it can't be causing by anything in the Community folder, because it is empty..

I know that is hard to believe for people that is not having CTDs (or having a few of CTDs).

I'm looking forward next update, but I have my fears.

Regards.

By the way, I'm an old man that flies since FS version 3 (1987)

😀

How old is your PC, what is your GPU, how many watts is your PSU?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

25 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Who you callin' old??  👴

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

6 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Who you callin' old??  👴

I said “most”.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I said “most”.

Thanks!  I did just turn 23 on my last birthday............49 years ago! 🤔

• Like 4

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: