Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

Is there a world update coming today?

It is remarkable how often the older version g1000 NXi, and the newer one, and going from either one to the other, seem to be involved on systems that have CTDs. I have never used it and never had a CTD in a month of flying every day.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

9 minutes ago, Fielder said:

It is remarkable how often the older version g1000 NXi, and the newer one, and going from either one to the other, seem to be involved on systems that have CTDs. I have never used it and never had a CTD in a month of flying every day.

I have been using them since they were released and never had a CTD. Go figure.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Only one month before Windows 11 is upon us (October 5th).

All the old timers will be out in force shouting on that day!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

7 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Windows 11 already? Why would I want to upgrade to that?  There is no performance improvement.

I bet it is loaded with new bugs 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Fielder said:

Only one month before Windows 11 is upon us (October 5th).

All the old timers will be out in force shouting on that day!

Uh, no.  Most of us old timers will be sticking with Windows 10 for a while and letting the young'uns deal with the bugs of a new OS version.  Not a lot to be gained being an early adopter where operating systems are concerned.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Sigwolf said:

Uh, no.  Most of us old timers will be sticking with Windows 10 for a while and letting the young'uns deal with the bugs of a new OS version.  Not a lot to be gained being an early adopter where operating systems are concerned.

If you were  old timer developer you would get it as soon as you could! 🙂

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I bet it is loaded with new bugs 

I haven't had any issues with the current beta build.

• Upvote 1

A 'World Update' sounds more scenery/atmosphere oriented, rather than addressing the big bugs that began w/ SU5 (altitude/ATC mismatch, tilting Showcase Camera view, offset tracking which did preceed SU5 I believe, etc).   Has anyone read what WU6 is supposed to entail in terms of bug fixes?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

19 minutes ago, Noel said:

Has anyone read what WU6 is supposed to entail in terms of bug fixes?

Why bother.  There are many things changed in the updates that are undocumented in the RELEASE notes.

Lots of pre-update woofin going on in this thread - hope I'm not one of 'em tomorrow.

Regards, Kendall

Even though as you say many things change that aren't documented, if they are documented that bodes well.  Unless Asobo has stated clearly the basic bugs introduced in SU5 are being addressed I'm not planning on bugs being fixed, but hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.  In reality, the bugs are pretty confined and more of annoyance than show stopper, at least for me.  I'm lucky in that I have had very few CTD and everything else is decent now.  I like that there is some new controls for improving panning behavior vis a vis caching terrain and cockpit.  

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I haven't had any issues with the current beta build.

I also had Win 10 since the first beta and had only one problem when Nvidia rolled out a buggy driver. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, swiesma said:

I also had Win 10 since the first beta and had only one problem when Nvidia rolled out a buggy driver. 

It’s never who you think is the problem.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

17 hours ago, John Fields said:

How come? Because I have CTD after CTD.

During the last weeks I've just concluded approximately a 20% (perhaps less) of my flights!

These CTD's seem to be so random on how they affect different people. I have not suffered CTD for some time now. All I have attached to my computer by USB is a Logitech Wingman Extreme joy stick. In my community folder I have the FBW A320 and six liveries.  I don't overclock or add/alter any computer files. In the main I am quite happy with the sim (I am a casual flyer and easily pleased!). My settings are a mixture of High and Ultra.