Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

This is the best state MSFS has ever been in

18 minutes ago, Noel said:

Wow, gorgeous, but that was not from the sim!  Or was it?

The first screenshot is from the release version, the second after WU6 and the 3rd is a photo. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGSKY said:

Except for the 49 Payware airports that I stupidly purchased on the marketplace,never again.....

Edit,they don't work...

I bought BIIS on sale 3 weeks ago from the market place.   The first flight was pink runway textures.   The second flight had the loading bar freeze at around 98%.    I decided to restart the sim and uninstall it from content manager,  and the sim took twice as long to reach the main menu when the sim started.   All from one airport.   /I uninstalled it.    Decided to download it again yesterday,  still broken.  

I bought AWD's TNCM months ago,  it crashes the sim when I load a flight there.   Went looking for a fix and soon found out that people have been experiencing the same thing ctd's, for months.   The community posted a fix months ago,  but it's dev's haven't lifted a finger.

I'm talking in May of this year.  https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/tncm-tffg-issues/402759/2

I am ultra selective now when it comes to any airport touching my sim.   I'm definitely not buying another from the marketplace.   Honestly,  it's made me decide that I don't need any of them.   The only airports I install now,  are the best of the best SU5 compatible freeware.  And I look at the file structure first.

Addons are like junk food. Some of it looks tasty,  but ultimately it's often what people put in their bodies that makes them sick.

I support Asobo,  but I think it's undeniably a form of negligence for Microsoft to sell content in the marketplace which causes CTD's due to rudimentary file structure errors that remain uncorrected.     Even automated software should be able to find basic file structure errors such as that.   At very least,  it shouldn't be a major task for low level hire.   It's inexcusable,   and illogical because they're only bringing heat on themselves.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

The first screenshot is from the release version, the second after WU6 and the 3rd is a photo. 

Good Lord!  Switzerland?  I've been flying the 787 lately having just discovered it but time to do some VFR it would appear!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Asobo really have made a great stride forward both with performance and the stunning visuals are back. Hopefully things are progressing for the various devs, and stability remains.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Don't start to speak too soon. If you're familiar enough with some of your add-on airports, you'll start noticing that several objects are missing, like lightpoles, buildings, etc., after this update.

I'm talking about default objects (default Asobo assets), not custom 3D objects.

Look carefully. I think I'm not the only one... good luck!

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

55 minutes ago, Noel said:

To me, it's always been headed in the right direction even thru its various fits and spurts.  It's just a massive effort that takes time to fully develop that's been obvious from day 1.  What is very polished today, and it is by far the biggest piece to get right be it on console or PC:  the core scenery engine.  The rest, the SDK, fine-tuning flight models, and even the weather to a considerable degree, are smaller pieces to have to get to a fully developed state.  It makes me feel good to finally hear so many positive comments for a change to help offset the litany of hysterical reactions when things aren't perfect, or go back a step or two.  It must be so hard for project managers and individual programmers who pour their hearts out to code something well to tune into some of the threads here full of 90% derogatory unappreciative comments about the people running the show and producing the product at Asobo.   

I agree. From day one you could see where this was headed. We just needed to see the commitment and the tenacity to get it done. The team have shown that from the beginning. Reading the negative comments non stop on this and the official MSFS forums has really been frustrating, and frankly shocking. Talk about entitled attitudes. It's embarrassing. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

MSFS 2020 incredible simulator. Look at these waves in 4K!!! 😃👍

Edited by OSM
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Don't start to speak too soon. If you're familiar enough with some of your add-on airports, you'll start noticing that several objects are missing, like lightpoles, buildings, etc., after this update.

I'm talking about default objects (default Asobo assets), not custom 3D objects.

Look carefully. I think I'm not the only one... good luck!

I think all this bigger and small things since SU5 get mostly fixed witH SU6 because this is about for sutch things as it says; Sim Update in this case 6 - hopefully..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, Noel said:

Good Lord!  Switzerland?  I've been flying the 787 lately having just discovered it but time to do some VFR it would appear!

Yes, the images show the three mountains Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau (left to right). I mainly fly tubeliners as well but since the update I‘ve only been doing VFR sightseeing. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Noel said:

My biggest guess is that at some point MSFS will be a subscription service w/ a monthly fee involved.  If that translated into $10/month for example, it would be roughly 13y by the time I caught up with what I spent on P3D!

I was out of flight simming after the last patch for FSX.  So I have been away from flight simming for a decade but came back because of MSFS.  When I was playing FSX, I never really spent any money on add-ons.  I find it comical that in the 10 years I was absent, people were spending hundreds of dollars on P3D of X-Plane addons, just to make the sim look good.  And then people would spend more money on an external hard drive to store ortho.  And after buying the hard drive to store ortho, people would spend hours downloading that ortho and massaging it so that it could be used in their flight simulator!

After coming back to flight simming, I find it comical that people spent hundreds, and sometimes even thousands of dollars, just to make their flight sim look half decent.  To me, spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on add-ons and an external hard drive to store ortho is some type of weird ancient, out of date practice, LOL. 

I'm so glad MSFS has done away with this weird ancient, out of date practice.  All the money that would have been spend on add-ons and an external hard drive for ortho, just to make the flight sim look good, you can now use that money to upgrade your computer or buy yourself a nice HOTAS.

• Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Has any of you who have flown in the current update seen an improvement in the aircraft ground handling, specifically, the handling during takeoff and landing?  The problem has to do with the extreme over reaction of the aircraft to attempts to keep the aircraft straight at speeds over about 30 knots while on the ground.

Additionally, have you seen an improvement in the ability to trim the aircraft for pitch stable flight?

Danny

3 hours ago, neil0311 said:

It’s definitely better than X-Plane, P3D, and all previous versions of MSFS.

was flying in X-Plane the other day and was thinking about this subject

MSFS is pretty for sure, it's as real as anything I've ever seen on PC

but - and these are just my views of course

X-Plane still does the "feeling" of being in the aircraft better, the way the Toliss A319 wobbles and rolls down the taxiway just like a real aircraft - it still has a really great feeling of accurate physics, but maybe MSFS will grow on me more. MSFS is miles ahead of P3D in that respect, but I don't know, I still feel detached from the aircraft and that X-Plane does this better

the other thing that struck me after mainly flying MSFS the last few months was, climbing through 20k feet and up, the Ortho was incredible. I mean, crystal clear satellite imagery, no need to blur for performance and wash out the detail and colours - it looked incredible, and with XVision, the night lighting looked fantastic

so - with X-Plane seemingly focusing on improving lighting and weather and autogen quality.......I'm not ready to write off X-Plane just yet, especially with a new 777 and Falcon coming....

but P3D....oh yeah, that's a goner 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Noel said:

My biggest guess is that at some point MSFS will be a subscription service w/ a monthly fee involved.  If that translated into $10/month for example, it would be roughly 13y by the time I caught up with what I spent on P3D!

The definition of a "subscription service with a monthly fee" is getting complex. You can buy a Sony PS4 or 5 game. No ongoing in-game app fees and still end up with a yearly XBox Pass fee or Playstation now fee for access to extra content on both consoles. Do those count as a monthly or yearly "subscription" fee? So us PC users are escaping those console fees and maybe won't into the future? I kind of doubt it, but it's an interesting question.

United001

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes.