Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

What would it take for LR and/or LM to win your money back?

33 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Personally I don't see MSFS users returning to P3D unless MS/Asobo drop the ball on continued SDK development.

Or turn off the streaming servers.. 😉

• Like 1

Bert

20 hours ago, birdguy said:

As a former Marine I'd expect no less from a Swabbie.

On your way bt can you post a picture of the ramp are of the Roswell airport?

Noel

Not sure what you are looking for... but here is KROW default scenery

ueotPuU.jpg

Jqb8NgC.jpg

09OqWIh.jpg

Bert

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Full sloped runway support was added to P3D V5.0

Hate to disagree but it depends on your interpretation of 'full'.  As I understand it, LM did not implement sloped runways in a way which enables 3pd's to easily apply ground polys to said sloped runways, meaning that one would end up with default runway and ground textures with your sloped runways...unless I'm wrong about that?

Edited by kevinfirth

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not sure what you are looking for... but here is KROW default scenery

Not even close.  P3D is not even close buy better than that.  There are no buildings that look at all like the terminal in the MSFS default scenery.  And the hangars in the background don't face the right way.  They are parallel to the ramp.

I wanted to see the streaming scenery KROW for MSFS.  I expect it to very close and perhaps even have the stored airliners there.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

8 minutes ago, birdguy said:

I wanted to see the streaming scenery KROW for MSFS.

That is what it looks like in MSFS.. 😉

Bert

28 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

That is what it looks like in MSFS.. 😉

A smiley face?  Did you forget something?

Noel

Edited by birdguy

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Heh-heh-heh.  The Jet Ranger helicopter in the picture didn't have it's first flight until 1967. 20 years after the crash.  That UFO doesn't look like it sustained any damage though.

Noel

After enduring another round of CTDs…I think an opening for LR and LM could be created by Asobo/MS themselves if they can’t stabilize this software. Frustration is definitely building with each round of regressions. They can’t seem to fix anything without breaking something else. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

On 9/20/2021 at 11:12 AM, birdguy said:

I wanted to see the streaming scenery KROW for MSFS.

Flying north from KROW

1Qh8G6O.jpg

• Like 1

Bert

What IS the title of this thread? And does anyone care any more? Nice one word not allowed bird. 😄

A bit late, but I just got though reading The Brig.

Edited by Ron Attwood

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

That's really good Bert.  I see where 2nd Street merges with West 2nd Street.  That's Roswell High School just off your wing to the northwest.  And your tail section has just past McGaffey Avenue.

The City - County building is the one ahead of you with the red roof.  And that building just to south of it, right next door, is Casa Maria, the long term care facility my brother spent the last year and a half of his life in.

What I would really like to see is the Roswell Airport.  Are all the cycled out airliners stored there and what does the passenger terminal look like?

But I'm impressed.

Noel.

On 9/21/2021 at 7:00 PM, birdguy said:

That's really good Bert.  I see where 2nd Street merges with West 2nd Street.  That's Roswell High School just off your wing to the northwest.  And your tail section has just past McGaffey Avenue.

The City - County building is the one ahead of you with the red roof.  And that building just to south of it, right next door, is Casa Maria, the long term care facility my brother spent the last year and a half of his life in.

What I would really like to see is the Roswell Airport.  Are all the cycled out airliners stored there and what does the passenger terminal look like?

But I'm impressed.

Noel.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by bofhlusr

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

On 9/19/2021 at 11:33 AM, Steve Dra said:

(If you had MSFS and the proper settings enabled, and located yourself at your house in the sim....you'd actually see me doing it in real time, just one more thing that previous sims could never give you). 🙂

Sorry....just had to add that. Hehe.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

2 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The bad part of that Roswell airport screenshot is that there appear to be AI (or static) aircraft parked ON TOP of the stored airliners in the base image. That really needs to be sorted out.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png