Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

Embraer Phenom 100 for MSFS - Question about download

Hello Gang!

Yesterday I downloaded the Embraer Phenom 100 addon that was made available at Flightsim.TO.  The addon is a true gem - has a couple of small details to be addressed but it is a superb addition.  I went to look for it today and noticed it is no longer available.  Any ideas what may have happened to it?  Might it have been an illegal post perhaps?  I find it odd that it was such a high quality freeware addon and that it was taken out quickly!!!!!

Here's an image of this beauty for reference!  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g41x8qCMPn3jbfXRyBIiGGxfw7GDv18y/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for any input.

Edited by DMullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

47 minutes ago, DMullert said:

Hello Gang!

Yesterday I downloaded the Embraer Phenom 100 addon that was made available at Flightsim.TO.  The addon is a true gem - has a couple of small details to be addressed but it is a superb addition.  I went to look for it today and noticed it is no longer available.  Any ideas what may have happened to it?  Might it have been an illegal post perhaps?  I find it odd that it was such a high quality freeware addon and that it was taken out quickly!!!!!

Here's an image of this beauty for reference!  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g41x8qCMPn3jbfXRyBIiGGxfw7GDv18y/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for any input.

When I click on your image, I get "Access denied".    I think you've set the image as private in Google Drive.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

16 minutes ago, JYW said:

Might it have been an illegal post perhaps?

That's the word that's going around.  It's said to be a port of the Carenado E100.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

1 hour ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

That's the word that's going around.  It's said to be a port of the Carenado E100.

Grrr Bummer......however..........if Carenado ports it over to FS 2020, I'll buy it based on what I've seen with this maybe "illegal conversion".

Edited by DMullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

The screenshot looks IMPRESSIVE for a third party port - the livery shown definitely matches the Carenado Version so I'm wondering if Carenado are actually working on the Phenom 100 for MSFS and someone leaked a dev version ?

(TBH I don't know that much about the Phenoms and how they compare with the Citations we have in MSFS already)

Edited by Matchstick

12 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

The screenshot looks IMPRESSIVE for a third party port - the livery shown definitely matches the Carenado Version so I'm wondering if Carenado are actually working on the Phenom 100 for MSFS and someone leaked a dev version ?

I'd rather them move their Phenom *300* into MSFS but any ol' port in the storm...the 100 would do.

They can even leverage the third-party G1000 or G3000 units we have in MSFS.  Seems like I just said that the other day.  Maybe something IS afoot.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Just now, Mace said:

I'd rather them move their Phenom *300* into MSFS but any ol' port in the storm...the 100 would do.

They can even leverage the third-party G1000 or G3000 units we have in MSFS.  Seems like I just said that the other day.  Maybe something IS afoot.

If the Phenoms use the G1000 then they should just pick up the WT NXi if it's installed though I think Carenado would need to do some stuff for the engine page once that's implemented

Just now, Matchstick said:

If the Phenoms use the G1000 then they should just pick up the WT NXi if it's installed though I think Carenado would need to do some stuff for the engine page once that's implemented

I believe it's:

G1000
Phenom 100
2009-2017 Phenom 300

G3000
2018-present Phenom 300

I'm actually not 100% sure about recent model year Phenom 100's.  For all I know they might be using the G3000 now, too.

Anyway yeah that was what I was getting at in my previous post -- Carenado can possibly make provision for use of the WT Nxi G1000 or the WT G3000 units in their aircraft but yes I have concerns too about the engine page etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

7 minutes ago, Mace said:

I believe it's:

G1000
Phenom 100
2009-2017 Phenom 300

G3000
2018-present Phenom 300

I'm actually not 100% sure about recent model year Phenom 100's.  For all I know they might be using the G3000 now, too.

Anyway yeah that was what I was getting at in my previous post -- Carenado can possibly make provision for use of the WT Nxi G1000 or the WT G3000 units in their aircraft but yes I have concerns too about the engine page etc.

In an ideal world they'd be actively working with WT to be able to deliver the plane with a custom Engine panel ASAP but I suspect it's more likely they'll just not release it till the work's all done and they can just slot in a few variable and it works :)

The current Phenom 100EV avionics suite is based on the G 3000: "Prodigy Touch avionics - based on Garmin 3000 -" as per the specs on Embraer's home page. 

https://daflwcl3bnxyt.cloudfront.net/m/3a842ea7b98838a4/original/Phenom-100EV-eletronic.pdf

Was one of my favorite planes in P3D, warts and all. I'm not hopeful we'll get a comparable version in MSFS.

I'd love to have more VLBJs in the sim, so with (very modest expectations) I'm looking forward to the release of the (freeware?) Honda Jet that is currently in the works.

Edited by Ricardo41

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'm not hopeful we'll get a comparable version in MSFS.

why would Carenado NOT release the Phenom for MSFS? I would look better in MSFS than ever before.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I used to fly the Carenado Phenom 100 in P3D for ages, but over time I really found it was all it was cut out to be. There were a number of flaws which one could live with, but I and at least two others reported a fundamental bug around the MFD and Flight plans which made flight planning unworkable. Carenado did nothing even though we replicated the issue and they confirmed.

Lets hope they do a better job if it comes to MSFS.

I've stopped purchasing Carenado A/c on the back of this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cloudrider said:

Lets hope they do a better job if it comes to MSFS.

a better job will be on its way, in form of anything WorkingTitle.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I jumped on this as soon as it dropped as I love the Phenom in XP11. This is actually one of my favourite aircraft in MSFS2020 now. A few issues such as one bad cockpit texture, some switch sounds missing, exterior model has no spoilers, taxi or landing lights even though these are all modelled. If Carenado were to address these issues and release it proper then it will be an instant purchase for me as it is otherwise great fun to fly and looks great. If it was someone doing a conversion of another sim's aircraft then I'm genuinely surprised how good it is already.

Hopefully this sees the light of day officially.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.