Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Released: MilViz Porter for MSFS2020

We’re discussing this with actual pilots… so far, the consensus is that we’re pretty close.   

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

For Orbx and the marketplace, not until we’re clear on direction.  End of next week maybe. 

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

2 hours ago, xender said:

@Milviz Is it possible for me to fix the fuel usage maybe changing some config parameter? I want to do longer flights but the high fuel usage wont allow me to

I'm able to get 50 gph in cruise, isn't that about what real world gets?

A PC-6 doesn't have long legs

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

it's a tad high so we've lowered it.  Just a bit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Milviz said:

it's a tad high so we've lowered it.  Just a bit.

Fantastic!

Do we have a hotfix incoming?

Juan Ramos

44 minutes ago, xender said:

Fantastic!

Do we have a hotfix incoming?

Isnt a hotifix a little overkill for a slightly high fuel consumption??  

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Yes. It is.  Which is why we’re waiting a bit for this.  

• Like 2

Just enjoying my Porter, flying between Røros (ENRO) and Trondheim Værnes (ENVA), crossing the Nea river just south of Selbu Lake (Selbusjøen) in Norway. 

The river valley just in front of the aircraft is really good for fishing, although I didn't catch anything the last time I was there 10 years ago.

Amazing to see the exact spot again in this detail. And the Porter is so enjoyable. I can barely wait for Stage 2!

Iv3eB8Y.jpg

• Like 3

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

On 10/12/2021 at 4:04 AM, Milviz said:

We’re discussing this with actual pilots… so far, the consensus is that we’re pretty close.   

Close? I seem to have something wrong with rudders on take off then?  What sensitivity settings do you recommend? (Yes, I have the rudder trim correctly set.)

Edited by jarmstro

53 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Just enjoying my Porter, flying between Røros (ENRO) and Trondheim Værnes (ENVA), crossing the Nea river just south of Selbu Lake (Selbusjøen) in Norway. 

The river valley just in front of the aircraft is really good for fishing, although I didn't catch anything the last time I was there 10 years ago.

Amazing to see the exact spot again in this detail. And the Porter is so enjoyable. I can barely wait for Stage 2!

Iv3eB8Y.jpg

I am sitting here looking out on the Selbu Lake right now 🙂

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

23 minutes ago, espent said:

I am sitting here looking out on the Selbu Lake right now 🙂

Oh nice 😄 It's a beautiful area. I have lots of family in Trøndelag. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

42 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Close? I seem to have something wrong with rudders on take off then?  What sensitivity settings do you recommend? (Yes, I have the rudder trim correctly set.)

Pretty sure he was referring to the fuel consumption, NOT rudder.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hey since we're sharing screenshots here's my recent "upgrade".

I've been doing a RTW flight using mostly vintage add-on aircraft equipped with VOR radios at best (and radial engines wherever possible),and also doing a lot of dead reckoning navigation as I've been working my way down the western coast of South America.  That's meant a lot of hair-raising experiences in bad weather and heavy cloud cover along the equatorial zones and coastline.  My last pre-Porter flight was in the MilVis Corsair down the southern part of Chile which, as it turns out, is a pretty doggone capable cross-country machine in terms of speed and altitude flexibility,  And it trims out pretty well once you get it settled in. 

Upon reaching Ancud (SCAC) down around Chiloe National Park, it was time to trade the ol' Gal in for a Porter.  And upon hitting some thick cloud cover right over my destination at La Junta SCMA which was nestled in among some very hilly islands and coastline, I finally saw the light in terms of what these newfangled glass cockpits bring to the table. Although I missed the thrum of a raspy radial engine, the smooth power of the PT-6 and capabilities of synthetic vision were very much appreciated by  not just myself but the 7 passengers I was hauling along courtesy of NeoFly.  

Was a GREAT flight!

sZRihEU.gif

dBfFU0R.gif

JflT5Q3.gif

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 4

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

8 hours ago, Republic3D said:

Iv3eB8Y.jpg

ENVA (Orbx) is my home base in OnAir, it is a beautiful area of Norway.

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

On 10/12/2021 at 4:05 AM, Milviz said:

For Orbx and the marketplace, not until we’re clear on direction.  End of next week maybe. 

ok will try to be patient as I know these things can take time......

if I buy and download from your website does the latest version still include the DRM protection (extra program that is always 

running😀) ?