Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

So the consensus is SU6 was a good patch?

The sim looks fantastic (no more blurriness), and I was able to increase Terrain Level of Details to 350 with minimal impact on performance. The scenery looks fantastic from high altitude. I guess we need to be a more patient with the folks over at Asobo, it's hard work to fine tune this thing.

• Like 1

Too early for a definitive answer but from what I saw last night it's a good update thus far, more time needed to draw a conclusion though.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Waited for servers to be back online.  Update worked fine.  Just flown for 1.5 hours working on my next YouTube video on YMEN Essendon with Melbourne city and bay tour.  Don’t know if performance was any better, but experienced absolutely no problems.  Cheers.

• Like 1

Did not to mutch with the updated Sim but looks good so far for what i have done, nothing negative to say..

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

52 minutes ago, psolk said:

So because you found a bug with the 390 and a mod is broken you are having a hard time rationalizing what they fixed?  

Here you go...  Hopefully this helps you rationalize things.  

Smart a%$, I already read all of that and some things that were on that list weren't addressed based on feedback I've read.  Again I personally haven't had time to test for myself like I said above.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Several aircraft issues I had encountered after the last "update" were not in the log of thigs changed, but most of those problems seem to be rectified as well.

• Like 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

It still doesn't fix the lack of lighting on VATSIM/IVAO/Simconnect injected traffic making them invisible at night ☹️

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

The menu icon that was supposed to be fixed in this patch is still there and constantly on at the top of the screen in the sim.

That's actually fixed for me

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Performance is slightly degraded on my end but I'm still testing.

Did you increase your LOD to 400?

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Yes except the Bush Trips that they haven't fixed.

• Upvote 1

Stelios Christofides

5 minutes ago, BillC said:

It still doesn't fix the lack of lighting on VATSIM/IVAO/Simconnect injected traffic making them invisible at night ☹️

Is there a thread to vote on this bug?  I'm sure they will fix it in due time, if we upvote this topic and get their attention on it. 

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Not done enough testing yet, but pretty successful so far for me. 

The update itself ran well and relatively quickly; some improvements already apparent in my 3-4 test flights; couple of quirks with one of my 3rd party aircraft (but not serious); nice to be able to see the AI aircraft lights (more up there with me than I realised!) although I need to tweak something to sharpen them up and reduce the size.

So far, so good 🙂

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Though it isn't directly linked to the update, I am loving the improvements and fixes the NXi got!

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

no problems here, all good....loving it!

• Like 1

Regards

Paul EGCC

Autopilot issue was on their list, SU6 fixed my many A/P problems. Update went smooth. I am pleased.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

So what do you think about SU6?  Has MSFS reached a new level and this is the best that MSFS has ever been in?

In my opinion yes, a solid improvement in general on PC.

We have now more scalability (LOD 400), trees draw distance bug at high latitude is fixed (also at LOD 200), the new cubemap reflections setting fixed the blocky cloud reflections...

Also the aircraft controls seem improved, less jerky and more enjoyable.

They say they improved stability too, I can't judge because I never suffered CTDs. 

Overall a net improvement over SU5/WU6.

• Like 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png