Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

SU6 pretty much makes it obvious....

if it wasn't the benefit of last year's release, it wouldn't reach today's good state, and to every one that says SU6 is the best, it was incremental improvements during the past five updates that lead to SU6 satisfaction and more to come.

Big thanks to the feed back from every one in the community and a HUGE thanks to MS/ASOBO for keeping up with fixes.

• Like 2

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

5 hours ago, NZ255 said:

We’d be a year behind with addons though. 

This!

/ END THREAD!

• Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, blueshark747 said:

/ END THREAD!

Hold on. My 2 cents are missing: all of the above already said plus better starting low and slow and getting now such improvements than starting great and getting worse performance once they work out and „improve“ visuals and other options at a cost. 

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

And covid lockdowns would have been even more unbearable......MSFS2020 set me free before my government did...🤣

Edited by YMMB
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, johnbow72 said:

I have loved every minute since August 2020 with this Sim , I have only had 2 CTD's in this time period and they were last year .

Well, I must be truthful, there were many minutes, hours and even days since the RTM, I wanted to send the whole kit n' caboodle back to M.S., lol.   But...that is absolutely water now, under the bridge...

I think MSFS/SU6 is now King of the Mountain, for 'Real World' flight immersion simulation.  That absolutely has to include looking out the window, down past the wings...and your mind, says...no stretch, anymore...that looks REAL!  I'm finally going someplace...real.  No other sim out there now can begin to wear those shoes.  If you can enjoy aircraft and cockpits that are mostly non-study level...MSFS is absolutely the way to go.  I'm sure that someone, sooner than later, will produce a P3D/XP11 'study-level' commercial and G.A.  cockpit.   I'm sure of it...

Cheers,

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 2

Garbage...  LOL.  Sorry but I disagree wholeheartedly.  Would have much rather had it this past year, especially with how far they have come with AirlandFS, H135, H145, Robinson , Bell, PMDG DC6, Hawk, CRJ Series,  boat traffic, scenery add-ons out the wazoo, developers getting more familiar with the sim, improved Bing Data, World Updates etc etc etc... 

Maybe for you it is "obvious" but for pretty much everyone else not so much...   Yes, we have newcomers like Fenix, as well as established developers like PMDG who already released one "study-level" aircraft, FSL hinting they will be here eventually, QW hinting they are coming and if the sim was just being released now we'd have nothing I listed above plus be a year to 15 months behind on add-on development.

So no, not obvious at all, the only thing "OBVIOUS" is Asobo has been working their butts off and we are all very fortunate because the alternative is an "updated" sim with driver hanging errors, registry hacks to make it work, EA which is still being developed, massive HW requirements compared to our brand new sim (ironic)  and add-ons from the previous version of the same sim that still haven't been updated.  So yeah, MSFS has all that going for it in the past year.  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I tend to agree this SU6 is the state the Sim should have been released in BUT it was never going to be held back long enough to get it to this state.

However IMHO it was also originally released in an utterly appalling state and should have been held back long enough to have dealt with the very worse of the issues that were identified during alpha/beta testing like the non-working install process.(It's the same syndrome we saw with SU5)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

MSFS was truly a year too early.

The reason bugs get found and fixed is due to thousands of people using the software and giving feedback.

I don't think it would be in the state it is in now without that huge surge in people being critical of the sim.

What is with the obsession/fantasy of it being released at the point of perfection? I'll be playing this sim until the day it gets replaced or the servers are switched off. It isn't competitive and doesn't have a story that can be spoiled so it doesn't matter if the experience isn't ideal on day one. It's not FIFA or CoD.

Edited by wainwj
  • Like 4

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

In almost a year of MSFS I had approx. 10 CTD, I know you guys would have called that CTD hell or UNPLAYABLE.

I enjoyed it, had some problems, all solved. I dont want a jet liner ultra-hard-core-escaleted-study-sim

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

It was absolutely released too early - however the escapism right in the middle of a global pandemic was most welcome.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Honestly I’ve had more than enough fun with it in the last year to not be worried about it being released a year early.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

AI Traffic as well the historical weather are still beyond ASOBO's interest. 

Edited by G-YMML1

I'm glad it was released warts and all.  I just made the last payment on my computer.. The old computer wouldn't even open the simulator. Now constant 60 FPM with no hesitations.

I have the old computer at our beach place and it has FSX on it.  I cranked it up last time I was there and after about five minutes I turned it off.  I can't believe how I enjoyed that so much.

Yesterday made a flight through Arkansaw.  My first encounter with weather.  I couldn't believe the lightning and the clouds lighting up and 28kt winds..  Awesome.  Glad it released when it did.

• Like 1

I don't think any of us reasonably expected anything other than at least a year before the sim was ready for prime time. I mean, it left alpha and was in beta for what, 29 minutes? We all knew someone had decided it was releasing no matter what. They probably wanted a cash infusion to make the quarterlies look good. Or maybe it was that p3d was releasing a new version at the time, and they didn't want people to blow their new sim budget over at Lockheed and not have enough left over for MSFS. Whatever the reason, the obvious last-second rush to market was a clear sign that we were going to pay to be beta testers. 

Ordinarily I object to such BS, but I went for it this time mainly because I wanted to encourage the resurgence of flight sims, and that's happened. Look at all the controllers we have now and that are dropping soon, that weren't available before MSFS was announced. And that's just hardware. We've gotten at least 2 very good 3PD's come out of the woodwork to make content for MSFS, in addition to the well-established legacy ones. Over all, despite the annoyances from the too-early release, it's been a very good year for simmers.

• Like 4