Sign in to follow this  
robert young

BonanzaTurbo V4.1 hotfix released

Glad to hear Andrew, Enjoy!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

21 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I took a quick hop down the coast tonight from Hoquiam to Astoria, in real-world (meaning lousy) weather. 

I was flying Cascade Locks to Newport last night and I can confirm lousy weather at the PNW coasts. :) A nice challenge for a truly "stable IFR platform" like Rob's Bonanza, over the Coast Range it really got pushed and yanked in all 3 dimensions (with a few nice airholes, 500ft free fall) and I had to hand over  management of the mess to the AP, which is now up to all these tasks.  On the Rwy 16 RNAV approach I could briefly see the N part of Newport and a faint blinking ahead and that was the last thing I could see until 30ft over the runway, synthetic vision FTW!  I did that flight to try 2 freeware airports at once but I couldn't see a darn thing at KONP and had to use a chart to find the otherwise nicely illuminated apron there.:) 

I had FS crashing over Portland on 1st attempt and I'm glad that didn't keep me from trying it again because this was much more fun than it would've been in RL and the bumpy weather felt much more realistic with an airframe that has some appropriate inertia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Nuts said:

I had FS crashing over Portland on 1st attempt and I'm glad that didn't keep me from trying it again because this was much more fun than it would've been in RL and the bumpy weather felt much more realistic with an airframe that has some appropriate inertia.

I had three consecutive CTD's after SU5 up off of KTTD Troutdale.  So I stopped using the Portland addons with the exception of a KPDX addon.  No more CTD's now in that area.  Did not take time to further identify the cause. I believe the two I stopped using were the Port of Portland and the Portland Bridges addons, and perhaps a PDX runway and elevation fix.  All of those are from 8 months to a year old and not updated.

I also have flown to Newport a handful of times (my brother lives in nearby Yachats) using the freeware KONP on TO.  First time I landed on 34 I wondered where the buildings were.....  Lost in the woods from the N end of 34! LOL!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

This bird is traveler!

Flew Boise, ID to Las Vegas, NV yesterday- 456nm- 2 hours 16 minutes- 13-14gph

Mp 25-26in / Rpm 2500

Real world time and weather

Wanting to text the maximum performance of this aircraft, I went on oxygen and flew it at 20-21k ft.

Several cloud layers in the high teens and picked up some light icing that did eventually melt away- She was done climbing at 21k.

Saw true airspeeds a few times as high as 231kts / 265 mph.

fl210lzkzd.png

3 hours ago, skully said:

Saw true airspeeds a few times as high as 231kts / 265 mph.

What altitude? 

Oh!
Please disregard.  Saw it when I read the post a second time.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

@skully as much as we all complain about bits of this new Sim, that looks like a photo!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

4 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

@skully as much as we all complain about bits of this new Sim, that looks like a photo!

Thank you sir!

There's a lot to be said for the Zen of flying light civilian aircraft in clear skies and IFR when your up there all by yourself.

On this trip listening to that engine and marveling at it's reliability and that of the aircraft itself and capability of it's systems, it does take one away from the cares of the day and really puts you in the moment.

When I landed and parked at the ramp in Las Vegas, I was so proud of our little Bonanza, maybe even more so than owners of the multimillion dollar private jets I was parked next to.

Edited by skully
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, skully said:

When I landed and parked at the ramp in Las Vegas, I was so proud of our little Bonanza, maybe even more so than owners of the multimillion dollar private jets I was parked next to.

And if you have not seen these two videos.. have a look 😉

• Like 2

Bert

Very nice!

Those gals have excellent taste in aircraft and sunglasses 😎

• Like 1

12 hours ago, skully said:

Were you there on November 2nd?  I was and was told mine was the very first Turbo Bonanza that had ever landed there! LOL!  I slept in the plane that night cause I was fearful someone there would attempt to steal it!  I did wander into the terminal for supper and long enough to win enough at the airport slots for a fill up the next morning, the 3rd, before departing for Amarillo!

Frank Patton
ASUS 

10 hours ago, fppilot said:

Were you there on November 2nd?  I was and was told mine was the very first Turbo Bonanza that had ever landed there! LOL!  I slept in the plane that night cause I was fearful someone there would attempt to steal it!  I did wander into the terminal for supper and long enough to win enough at the airport slots for a fill up the next morning, the 3rd, before departing for Amarillo!

Were you able to make Vegas- Amarillo nonstop?

I would have to check my logbook for my whereabouts on the 2nd. 😄

45 minutes ago, skully said:

Were you able to make Vegas- Amarillo nonstop?

Actually I misspoke. When I landed at Vegas on the 2nd I was on my way west.  So on the 3rd my flight was from Vegas to Torrance, Ca. (KTOA).  I just for a "what-if" planned a Vegas to Amarillo flight direct Peach Springs, direct Albuquerque, direct KAMA and at 11,000 it showed 3:47 and burn of 68 gal.  @ 17,000 would cut about 00:20 and 6 gal off of that.  So it is easily doable. 

Frank Patton
ASUS 

25 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Actually I misspoke. When I landed at Vegas on the 2nd I was on my way west.  So on the 3rd my flight was from Vegas to Torrance, Ca. (KTOA).  I just for a "what-if" planned a Vegas to Amarillo flight direct Peach Springs, direct Albuquerque, direct KAMA and at 11,000 it showed 3:47 and burn of 68 gal.  @ 17,000 would cut about 00:20 and 6 gal off of that.  So it is easily doable. 

I figured it could make it but could your bladder? 

I told you guys to take care of that before we took off! 😣

14 minutes ago, skully said:

I figured it could make it but could your bladder? 

Available at most pilot shops....

image.png.6bc29c2a29b6196d7cc22dd5682cd24b.png

• Like 2

Frank Patton
ASUS 

40 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Available at most pilot shops....

image.png.6bc29c2a29b6196d7cc22dd5682cd24b.png

Thank you! I'm driving to the local FBO office right now to get this so I can keep it in the glove compartment of my vehicle!

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!