Sign in to follow this  
Theras

L-1049 Super-Constellation is out

5 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

I quit the flight and reloaded the sim, and the flaps work OK now. On the previous flight I did a lot of working on the switches on the FE panel, and wonder if I accidently turned the flaps off? Would that be possible?

you need hydraulics to move flaps.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

After several flights, an observation: It may just be me, but the pilot's viewpoint seems to be to be set too low with respect to the instrument panel. I find it difficult to set the pilot's view so that I can see the ground out of the windshield. If I raise the view point a notch or so such that I can see the ground in front of the aircraft, I find that I can only see the top row of instruments on the pilot's panel. This puts the altitude gauge out of sight, which is quite important to see when landing. I flew the DC-6 on a similar flight and see that there is no problem with the pilot view in the DC-6. Looking at external views of both aircraft, it looks like the Constellation windshield slopes more gradually into the nose, whereas the DC-6 windshield is nearly vertical, so perhaps the DC-6 does in fact have a better view in front than the Constellation. In any case I think it's worth giving this feedback to the RedWing team so that they can take a look to make sure the pilot view point is true to the aircraft.  

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

DC3 is even worse, you can't see anything. I think the constellation view is correct. the dashboard takes up a lot of space in height. 

M.Daniel

proatcxlogo.jpg

Is there a recent download for the RedWing L-1049? It's been a couple of weeks since their last update.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I got the new beta yesterday. I did a quick run through this morning. The AFE is all operational. So for those who are waiting for that. It should be coming soon. Just a few things I ran into that the dev needs to look into but so far , it's pretty good.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I got the new beta yesterday. I did a quick run through this morning. The AFE is all operational. So for those who are waiting for that. It should be coming soon. Just a few things I ran into that the dev needs to look into but so far , it's pretty good.

Did he implement de-icing? Last beta I tried I got all iced up and cockpit de-ice switches didn't do a anything

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Did he implement de-icing? Last beta I tried I got all iced up and cockpit de-ice switches didn't do a anything

hmmm. Good question. I'll give it a try and let you know but my impression is that it's not in yet. This beta was mostly about the AFE and a few fixes like hydraulics. 

Edited by fogboundturtle

I had a short flight last night and could'nt raise the gear after TO. Checked the control settings which were fine. unless it could be due to me being in the sim beta?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

24 minutes ago, Car147 said:

I had a short flight last night and could'nt raise the gear after TO. Checked the control settings which were fine. unless it could be due to me being in the sim beta?

Same problem

• Like 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

42 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I have never had that problem, the de icer has always worked.

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

I used the AFE but in the latest build. no issue with the gear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scimiter said:

I have never had that problem, the de icer has always worked.

Last I talked to developer he said it's not completely implemented yet. I'm not sure how it worked for you but below is what happened to me

unknown.png?width=2136&height=1202

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

I used the AFE but in the latest build. no issue with the gear.

Is the update for the Connie available to everyone yet? As i have had no notification from Simmarket yet.

Cheer's

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Just now, Car147 said:

Is the update for the Connie available to everyone yet? As i have had no notification from Simmarket yet.

Cheer's

Not yet. I helped them from time to time to beta test. It's coming along nicely but it still need a bit of work and the new SU7 hotfix is causing issue that would need to be resolved. So don't expect this update before the Su7 Hotfix is released. It just give them a bit more time to refine some of the issue. 

• Like 1

Alright. I got the permission from Redwing to record the current Beta that features some of the new rework VFX (fire/smoke) and the AFE. I will make the video tomorrow.

Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 1