Sign in to follow this  
Theras

L-1049 Super-Constellation is out

Nearly 51 Euro.  I will wait for a few reviews.

• Like 6

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just so people are aware this seems to be an early access release so it's not complete yet.  Simmarket really should state that on the purchase page.

Says the state of development here https://redwing-copter.com/aircraft-l1049/

Posted this info in another post, just putting it here again so people are aware.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Dean Farley

Looks a bit expensive considering it's a WIP product.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Yup, on the fence as well, a bit pricer than i thought considering what we got with the DC-6 from PMDG

• Like 8

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

If you do purchase it there are three downloads bin1 bin2 and exe you have to download all three.

• Like 2

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

With the PMDG DC6 imo this is well over priced and I very much dought its PDMG quility. A big pass. I would even if it was 1/2 the price the PMDG DC-6 is a gem in this class of aircraft.

• Like 8

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have bought it, it flys well, but it is very early access. The reason I bought it, I wanted the Connie, is it as good as PMDG's DC6, not at this moment, but it is early days.

• Like 4

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

13 minutes ago, Scimiter said:

I have bought it, it flys well, but it is very early access. The reason I bought it, I wanted the Connie, is it as good as PMDG's DC6, not at this moment, but it is early days.

I seriously doubt if it will even come close to the DC6. The DC6 is way better than the A2A Connie in my opinion, and I can't imagine this aircraft even matching the A2A version. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

26 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I seriously doubt if it will even come close to the DC6. The DC6 is way better than the A2A Connie in my opinion, and I can't imagine this aircraft even matching the A2A version. 

I had the A2A version in P3d, loved that aircraft. After my first flight in this version, It took off okay and I managed to land it okay, but hand flying was very difficult, I could not trim it out, the auto pilot worked well at first, then I found it stopped responding to the turn switch, the altitude control worked okay but the control for increasing / decreasing the pitch was a bit twitchy, the VHF radios for VOR flight did not seem to be working, so at the minute the Redwing Connie is in a crude state in my opinion, although on Redwings website they do say all you are getting at this moment is a flyable aircraft. This was a flight lasting 30mins so some of the problems I found might be down to me not fully understanding the plane yet.

45 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I personally much preferred the A2A Connie over the PMDG DC-6. I hardly flew the latter in P3D anymore after the A2A was released. However, in MSFS I very much enjoy the DC-6 again, it is a great model. 

I would love to have a decent Connie, but judging from the video above, 3D modelling is still in development and not on par with PMDG. For that amount of money, I will wait. 

Peter 

No AI FE at the start is hard pass for me!

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

I personally much preferred the A2A Connie over the PMDG DC-6. I hardly flew the latter in P3D anymore after the A2A was released. However, in MSFS I very much enjoy the DC-6 again, it is a great model. 

I would love to have a decent Connie, but judging from the video above, 3D modelling is still in development and not on par with PMDG. For that amount of money, I will wait. 

Peter 

Hand flying the DC6 in MSFS is way better than hand flying the Connie in P3D, not even close. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have tried a second flight in the Connie, radios are working,  I switched them on!  Also she hand flew very well this time, not sure what the problem was the first flight, still finding it difficult to trim her but they may be down to me. All in all reasonably satisfied at this moment. I have not tried the navigation system out yet, will do a longer flight later on today.

• Like 2