Sign in to follow this  
Theras

L-1049 Super-Constellation is out

3 hours ago, warbirds said:

You don't need full power to take off. If you use full power pull back on the throttles right after your airborn. Use the prop lever to adjust your rpm per checklist and throttle to adjust MP per checklist.

4 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I had to bind mixture axis and propeller axis in order to get a better control. RPM and mixture have to be adjusted right after take off in order to operate properly. I used  power setting straight from manual and it worked for me. The only thing I can figure our is oil temperature. No matter what I do with oil coolers, oil temperature is always below green arc 

OK thanks, Looks like we're going to be needing the AFE. It's hard to keep track of this from one crew position. But on the other hand it forces you to learn all the systems controls needed to take off this bird and fly it!

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

On 11/14/2021 at 4:37 PM, fogboundturtle said:

I volunteer to help them beta test for them. They sent it to me directly

Hey Fogbound, I have tried to get access to RedWing's forum (called "Discord"?) When I select Discord on their web site, I am taken to a screen where it says xxxx has invited me to join. The first time I tried to sign up based on this "invitation" I seem to have made a mistake. Now whenever I try to join it still says xxxx has invited me, but when I select, it says the invitation has been withdrawn. Any suggestions what I should do to join this forum? 

Thanks

• Like 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

22 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I had to bind mixture axis and propeller axis in order to get a better control. RPM and mixture have to be adjusted right after take off in order to operate properly. I used  power setting straight from manual and it worked for me. The only thing I can figure our is oil temperature. No matter what I do with oil coolers, oil temperature is always below green arc 

Thanks SD, this seems to work. Evidently the reason the aircraft was failing to gain speed was I had overstressed the engines after takeoff when I left everything at full throttle. So now I am following the checklist as best as I can and reducing MAP and RPM when I reach ~500 agl. But I find I have to frequently move back and forth from the P's panel to the FE's panel, as not all of the instruments needed to properly set the engine power are available on P,s instruments. E.g., BMEP.

15 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

Hey Fogbound, I have tried to get access to RedWing's forum (called "Discord"?) When I select Discord on their web site, I am taken to a screen where it says xxxx has invited me to join. The first time I tried to sign up based on this "invitation" I seem to have made a mistake. Now whenever I try to join it still says xxxx has invited me, but when I select, it says the invitation has been withdrawn. Any suggestions what I should do to join this forum? 

Thanks

Discord to me is a total PIA. I get invited all the time, and when I get there is says they are not accepting my invite. I never use it now. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

13 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

Thanks SD, this seems to work. Evidently the reason the aircraft was failing to gain speed was I had overstressed the engines after takeoff when I left everything at full throttle. So now I am following the checklist as best as I can and reducing MAP and RPM when I reach ~500 agl. But I find I have to frequently move back and forth from the P's panel to the FE's panel, as not all of the instruments needed to properly set the engine power are available on P,s instruments. E.g., BMEP.

Not sure if latest version but two days ago there was patch released. It should be on simmarket ! Simply overwrite existing files. It fixes sound some issue that were very annoying!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

28 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

Thanks

https://discord.gg/XUKvGH2D

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Discord to me is a total PIA. I get invited all the time, and when I get there is says they are not accepting my invite. I never use it now. 

I'm in again after i was a member on my old computer. Now on a new puter and just for the Connie, but not after a 3 days trials&tribulations experience.that dogs don't eat. A PIA indeed! Now i'd like to ask a few questions in the Connie thread (very well feedback from Redwing i must say!). I need to first get a code from them via my mobile phone. I do get the code alright, have to enter it in the presented window on the Discord site. After done that i get a message: " this phonenumber is already in use" ... ( yes, by me !! ) "remove the number from your 'old account' and add it to a 'new account' ??!! 

Then i check my current account :  at the 'Phonenumber' entry it says :  there is no phonenumber yet. When i fill it in the whole sequence starts again with :   " this phonenumber is already in use"... $%$#!!&^%$%Grrrrr.

That's the fourth or something time i tried. Want to ask what to do but can't ask nothing because of the phonenumber lunacy....

Catch 22 😖

Edited by Javiz
  • Like 1

Jan

7 minutes ago, Javiz said:

sorry, double post

Edited by Javiz

Jan

2 hours ago, Javiz said:

I'm in again after i was a member on my old computer. Now on a new puter and just for the Connie, but not after a 3 days trials&tribulations experience.that dogs don't eat. A PIA indeed! Now i'd like to ask a few questions in the Connie thread (very well feedback from Redwing i must say!). I need to first get a code from them via my mobile phone. I do get the code alright, have to enter it in the presented window on the Discord site. After done that i get a message: " this phonenumber is already in use" ... ( yes, by me !! ) "remove the number from your 'old account' and add it to a 'new account' ??!! 

Then i check my current account :  at the 'Phonenumber' entry it says :  there is no phonenumber yet. When i fill it in the whole sequence starts again with :   " this phonenumber is already in use"... $%$#!!&^%$%Grrrrr.

That's the fourth or something time i tried. Want to ask what to do but can't ask nothing because of the phonenumber lunacy....

Catch 22 😖

i get the same,

no way..............

Ralf Scholten EDDL

On 11/15/2021 at 7:14 AM, Bobsk8 said:

So what you are saying, is …

What he’s saying is what he’s said.  Stop putting words into his mouth. .  It, and you, are tiresome.

After Simupdate the Plane stop working for me,before i get also a lot Errors,now nothing........

so i can´t get Support, i can´t use the Plane.........

also send a E-mail to Redwing on Monday,nothing......

were did i get Support?

anyone?

if Redwing read here,please send me a Private Message.

Thank´s

Ralf Scholten EDDL

2 hours ago, Javiz said:

Catch 22 😖

This is a discord issue . 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

6 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

This is a discord issue . 

You bet.

Would you by any chance be willing to convey the phonenumber problem to the Discord staff. They need to fix it and people who are confronted with this annoying problem have no chance to tell them about it. You are our only hope so to speak. 😉

Edited by Javiz

Jan

6 hours ago, banjoman1960 said:

After Simupdate the Plane stop working for me,before i get also a lot Errors,now nothing........

so i can´t get Support, i can´t use the Plane.........

also send a E-mail to Redwing on Monday,nothing......

were did i get Support?

anyone?

if Redwing read here,please send me a Private Message.

Thank´s

Hallo Ralph, how are you my friend, hope all's well.

I guess Discord is the only way to get support for the Redwing Connie at the moment. Let's see if fogboundturtle might be willing to make Discord aware of the phonenumber problem. 

• Like 1

Jan

one POSSIBLE work around from a Reddit thread - works for some not for others (presumably only works if you accidently created a second account though) ...

I’ve just figured this out a few days ago. Use a computer or tablet, anything other than your phone and go to discord site, proceed to sign in. When it asks for username/email put your phone number. Hit forgot password. It will allow you to reset the password for the apparent account with your phone number. It may ask you to enter an email address if one is missing. Don’t try to enter the email associated with your actual discord account, it will reject it. Create a gmail and use that instead, now sign into this newly configured account and remove your phone number then delete the discord account of you so choose. You should now be able to add your phone number to your discord account.