Sign in to follow this  
Theras

L-1049 Super-Constellation is out

11 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

As far as the engine "flames" while it is flying, it looks like something out of a cartoon. I have flown in similar aircraft when I was in the military, and that is not what the flame coming out of the exhaust looks like at all. 

Here's a video of a real one with plenty of flames coming out of the exhaust. You can see why manufacturers used to put flame suppressors on bombers and night fighters; they could be seen from miles away and on a single engine night fighter, that'd really screw with your vision too:

Edited by Chock
  • Like 7

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Here's a video of a real one with plenty of flames coming out of the exhaust:

Awesome video!  So cool, thank you for sharing!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

9 minutes ago, Chock said:

Here's a video of a real one with plenty of flames coming out of the exhaust. You can see why manufacturers used to put flame suppressors on bombers and night fighters; they could be seen from miles away and on a single engine night fighter, that'd really screw with your vision too:

That is not what the "flames" on the Connie we are discussing, look like, and least int the Youtube videos I have seen of it. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Still smoke looks pretty awesome ! 

It truly is magical smoke, yes, i'll give you that. 

It can't be bothered by the blast of a Wright R-3350 Turbo-compound driven 15 ft diameter Hamilton-Standard propeller at 1300 rpm. Just hangs around there ! 😉  

( could very well be that PMDG got as far as that as well with their amazing DC-6 but didn't include it because, as an only half baked effect, it just looks rediculous , doesn't it ) 

I haste to say that i absolutely love Redwing 's effort to add a native Connie to MSFS (for me, if there was anything to still dream about re MSFS it would've been just that ! ;o) I mean, a Connie ! THE most beautiful propliner ever build !

IMHO it would have just been a so much better choice for Redwing to properly finish up the project before releasing it. 

Jan

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I would never buy this aircraft, because I already bought the Connie from A2A, which I flew  on P3D, and now the PMDG DC6. Just looking at the Youtube reviews, the Connie  is not even in the same league as the A2A or PMDG aircraft, but more like something Carenado would sell. Seems to me that a reasonable price would be more like $30-35, but even at that, I wouldn't buy it anyway. Having too much fun flying the DC6. As far as the engine "flames" while it is flying, it looks like something out of a cartoon. I have flown in similar aircraft when I was in the military, and that is not what the flame coming out of the exhaust looks like at all. 

I think you are being a little harsh on redwing. No one matches PMDG quality or A2A quality. If you have talked with the developer, they are some of the nicest people I've talked too. They are actually listening to feedback. They already gave me 2 beta patches to test for them. They are really wanting to make this better. The AFE is coming. I think people don't understand at all the value of early access. We can argue about the entry price but compare to what it was like to deal with the Electra developer, this is night and day. People are here nitpicking just about anything and everything just looking for an excuse to make this aircraft look bad. It's an early access product and should be evaluated as such. If you don't want to be part of this process and want to wait until it's complete well that your prerogative but I get to fly it early, help them make it better so that everyone can enjoy it. 

You complained about the fire on the engine not matching the real thing...Have you ever think that maybe it's a limitation of the FX visual edition SDK ?

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

I think you are being a little harsh on redwing. No one matches PMDG quality or A2A quality. If you have talked with the developer, they are some of the nicest people I've talked too. They are actually listening to feedback. They already gave me 2 beta patches to test for them. They are really wanting to make this better. The AFE is coming. I think people don't understand at all the value of early access. We can argue about the entry price but compare to what it was like to deal with the Electra developer, this is night and day. People are here nitpicking just about anything and everything just looking for an excuse to make this aircraft look bad. It's an early access product and should be evaluated as such. If you don't want to be part of this process and want to wait until it's complete well that your prerogative but I get to fly it early, help them make it better so that everyone can enjoy it. 

You complained about the fire on the engine not matching the real thing...Have you ever think that maybe it's a limitation of the FX visual edition SDK ?

The Connie is  only a few dollars less than the PMDG DC6  ($59) which is a totally finished product and everything works . If it is early access, a much lower price would be reasonable, and then all the shortcomings could be more easily ignored. the A2A Connie is $59 and it has been complete and  flying for years. The engine fire may be an SDK problem, well then leave it off, that's what PMDG did. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, banjoman1960 said:

30-35 € at this Stage i buy it,but not more........

I agree, that would be about right for what you are getting. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

The Connie is  only a few dollars less than the PMDG DC6  ($59) which is a totally finished product and everything works . If it is early access, a much lower price would be reasonable, and then all the shortcomings could be more easily ignored. the A2A Connie is $59 and it has been complete and  flying for years. The engine fire may be an SDK problem, well then leave it off, that's what PMDG did. 

I remember the PMDG DC-6 came out with quite a few bugs when it was release as well. It took at least 3-4 months before it's at the level it is right now. Like I said. We can argue about the price and it's very subjective. I do believe redwing will finish this product. The real question is really when is it going to be complete. It's a valid one. I guess only time will tell

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I remember the PMDG DC-6 came out with quite a few bugs when it was release as well. It took at least 3-4 months before it's at the level it is right now. Like I said. We can argue about the price and it's very subjective. I do believe redwing will finish this product. The real question is really when is it going to be complete. It's a valid one. I guess only time will tell

I think I'm gonna pick it up. I just can't resist and Redwing are awesome guys with fantastic support. I really want to see this succeed and I can never have too many vintage birds!

• Like 1

Former Child, Current Adult

3 minutes ago, liamp51 said:

I think I'm gonna pick it up. I just can't resist and Redwing are awesome guys with fantastic support. I really want to see this succeed and I can never have too many vintage birds!

The PMDG had an update within a couple of  days after it was released. Subsequent bugs were due to MSFS updates. 

• Like 1

The dev just message me. They have another patch for me. It's the 3rd in 2 days to test.  I know the public hasn't seen that fix yet but they are just adding more fixes into the first patch.  

• Like 2

Redwings Constellation next to PMDG,s DC6, they both look good.

spacer.png

Edited by Scimiter
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

The Connie cruising.

spacer.png

Edited by Scimiter
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090