Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

PMDG vs FENIX team...

Hello, there is only one thing that puzzles me, why only PMDG constantly complains about problems, when, for example, Fenix team and its A320 informs us in subsequent updates and there is not a single word that something does not suit them, that Asobo is to blame, etc. etc., more! how will you see on their discord video - they even managed to handle the windshield wipers and the rain themselves !!! .... can someone explain it to me? 🙂 🙂

btw - Fenix a320 - will blow away all and any A320 sim on any platform to date..

Edited by janda
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, janda said:

will blow away all and any A320 sim on any platform to date..

Lets see that Crystal ball!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

what is the point of this?

• Like 16
  • Upvote 4

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

For me the biggest difference comes from running most of the systems outside of MFS.

I am not sure if the flight dynamics in the Fenix A320 are external or MFS driven though ?

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Fenix hasn't produced an airplane on any platform, YET. Right now we have pictures and a few videos. I'm sure when it is released it will be very good but we'll have to wait and see. I doubt very much that PMDG is dragging their feet on purpose. They realize what a cash cow that MSFS will be just by the sales that they've made with the DC-6.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

NAX669.png

3 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Lets see that Crystal ball!

you will see 🙂

brds

Because they are not working on XBOX and P3D, they don’t have to maintain a single code base for legacy platforms and are able fully utilize MSFS. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I answered this in the Fenix thread already but I will post it again ... ...

Keep in mind that much of the systems emulation by the Fenix A320 is done in an external process running Pro Sim.  From what I understand, because of this, the Fenix A320 relies less on the MSFS SDK and that’s why when SU5 broke a lot of 3rd party add-on planes, Fenix said SU5 didn’t impact them as much.  How could one of the most complex airliners ever made for a simulator not be impacted by SU5 while less complex planes were broken by SU5?  Because Fenix is using the external process running Pro Sim for much of its systems emulation, rather than going through the MSFS SDK.

The PMDG 737 relies much more on the MSFS SDK because PMDG also want to release it for the X-Box (I assume because of the external process running Pro Sim, it’s a core reason why the Fenix A320 won’t be released for the X-Box).

So it’s not an apples to apples comparison when you compare the struggles that PMDG is going through, with what Fenix is experiencing with SU7.  Its very possible that SU7 has made things easier for Fenix because Fenix is using a different architecture of running the systems in an external process using Pro Sim, while making things harder for PMDG because the PMDG 737 is more heavily tied to the MSFS SDK.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

13 minutes ago, janda said:

Hello, there is only one thing that puzzles me, why only PMDG constantly complains about problems, when, for example, Fenix team and its A320 informs us in subsequent updates and there is not a single word that something does not suit them, that Asobo is to blame, etc. etc., more! how will you see on their discord video - they even managed to handle the windshield wipers and the rain themselves !!! .... can someone explain it to me? 🙂 🙂

btw - Fenix a320 - will blow away all and any A320 sim on any platform to date..

Time will tell, granted the Fenix A320 looks good, but until we have it in our grubby hands, there's no telling. Bit of a strange statement at the end lol

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

4 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Because Fenix is using the external process running Pro Sim for much of its systems emulation, rather than going through the MSFS SDK.

Exactly this, @janda. I don't think there's any need to try and start some kind of animosity between projects in the community. They are both looking like they are shaping up to be stunningly great products regardless of approach, I personally can't wait for either of them and will most likely pick them both up.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BobbyFuzzy said:

Exactly this, @janda. I don't think there's any need to try and start some kind of animosity between projects in the community. They are both looking like they are shaping up to be stunningly great products regardless of approach, I personally can't wait for either of them and will most likely pick them both up.

same, learned to fly the big iron with the original PMDG 737 many moons ago in one of the FSxx versions I cannot remember and only became an A320 word not allowed since that is what FBW rendered nicely in MSFS. Will also pick the 737 though I am wondering whether I will pass the type rating after more than a year of flying the bus 😉

Edited by DAD
  • Like 4

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

As mentioned above, not a fair comparison but I do agree that the Fenix will knock the socks off anything we've seen before.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

20 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Keep in mind that much of the systems emulation by the Fenix A320 is done in an external process running Pro Sim.

Maybe PMDG can learn a thing or two from the guys at Fenix......

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, janda said:

Randozzo has always been a moaner since day 1 , over complicates and delays stuff since the early days. nothing new here and totally expected this behavior.  Do they turn out a great product, yes they do.  I prefer devs to just get on w it and not make a scene during every update. Just show us what you did and if you have nothing then stay quiet. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

3 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Maybe PMDG can learn a thing or two from the guys at Fenix......

Nah we actually need PMDG to get through with what they're attempting. Not everyone has access to the third party software and it isn't available for all planes (unless I'm mistaken). Them pushing Asobo is going to make things better for all devs sooner. 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.