Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

PMDG vs FENIX team...

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

Congratulations, that might be the dumbest thing I've seen on the forum this year.

Captain Sim could knock out another 10 Boeings it's not like they have any concern with accuracy - all they produce is a bad wrapper that goes around default aircraft.

G

OMG...I thought people had a more developed sense of humor..smileys are useful, you have to know how to interpret them..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

I thought both the CS Boeings were just external models, and merges with the default panels and systems?

They are....but directly from a CS commerce page:

Essential functionality paired with default 747 (must be installed) systems simulation

I love how they added the "(must be installed)" to the text...long after the 777 was initially released....guess after their "support" site was flooded with complaints that their "777" didn't work and they determined that Simmers may not have understood that Essential functionality paired with default 747  meant that they had to actually have the 747 installed to use their 777, they added that text. 🤣

Then even after that, you get poor new simmers who wander into their "support" site and ask why their shiny new 767-400's empty weight is showing on the FMC as more than it's published MTOW.  Only when CS links their canned statement to the reply, do they get it....its a 747-8 with a 767-400 exterior.🙄  CS already has their $29.99 by that time, so they don't really care.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Keep it civil on this topic!  I would hate to kick some butts because of arguing! 😳:ph34r:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Asobo need to break their backs to help both Fenix and PMDG to get their planes to market as quickly as possible before people like me get bored of the lack of airliners and go back to X-Plane!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Drakkenblade said:

OMG...I thought people had a more developed sense of humor..smileys are useful, you have to know how to interpret them..

Hehe....let's just say its a touchy topic...and some here tend to get triggered when comparisons are made about Devs here. 🙂

Me personally, I have nothing but good things to say about EVERY flight sim Dev who's ever graced us with cool stuff for us to play with. 🤔

2 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Keep it civil on this topic!  I would hate to kick some butts because of arguing! 

Hehe.....Funny how these things go off the rails huh Charlie?  I'd hate to be the one fueling any animosity on this thread. 🤐😲🤔🤣

I'll try not to spew anymore truths about certain vendors here...its my inner-PSA child that always tries to warn unsuspecting new simmers about purchases they may regret later should they not read the fine print of their purchase order (who does that?) 

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

22 minutes ago, Drakkenblade said:

Over half the population (hyperbole*) is incapable of interpreting sarcasm or tongue in cheek statements via written text. Adding a /s to the end of your joke is absolutely necessary, unless you don't care about being taken seriously and suffering the inflamed responses of half your audience.

Edit: Added a note for my hyperbole, because I don't want someone to cite sources correcting me on the percentage of the population who require a /s.

Edited by WestAir

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I guess we're doing this again.

"Captain Sim's business model"

A perennial classic on avsim

Just like

"Carenado is rubbish. I still buy Carenado".

14 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I guess we're doing this again.

Until the end of time...or until they change that business model. 😉

14 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

A perennial classic on avsim

Who am I to mess with a "classic"? 🙂

But in the interest of civility and the fact I promised Charlie I'd behave, you've seen the last of my PSAs (Public Service Announcements) regarding vendors who may or may not practice other-than-reputable marketing techniques....in this thread. 😉

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

On 12/9/2021 at 3:13 PM, wiler said:

Randozzo has always been a moaner since day 1 , over complicates and delays stuff since the early days. nothing new here and totally expected this behavior.  Do they turn out a great product, yes they do.  I prefer devs to just get on w it and not make a scene during every update. Just show us what you did and if you have nothing then stay quiet. 

it's called 'marketing'

building up the suspence. 

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

"Carenado is rubbish. I still buy Carenado".

pmsl did that for years, now before I consider hitting buy I count the aircraft of their sitting in the virtual junkyard.

Normally does the trick.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

On 12/9/2021 at 8:37 AM, janda said:

Hello, there is only one thing that puzzles me, why only PMDG constantly complains about problems, when, for example, Fenix team and its A320 informs us in subsequent updates and there is not a single word that something does not suit them, that Asobo is to blame, etc. etc., more! how will you see on their discord video - they even managed to handle the windshield wipers and the rain themselves !!! .... can someone explain it to me? 🙂 🙂

btw - Fenix a320 - will blow away all and any A320 sim on any platform to date..

Leadership and skills, perhaps?

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Asobo need to break their backs to help both Fenix and PMDG to get their planes to market as quickly as possible before people like me get bored of the lack of airliners and go back to X-Plane!

I think Asobo should work and make the game better for they're paying customers first not a 3rd party commercial entity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Wouldn't it be more effective to hold our breath until we turn blue?

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

4 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Wouldn't it be more effective to hold our breath until we turn blue?

Perhaps. Or we could breath out and voice our opinion.

To get back on topic: I'm quite sure the Fenix is still a year away, maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more. All their updates, while astonishing, make it quite clear that they have still to tackle "critical" parts of the development, which doesn't sound like they are close to beta. I find that a bit irritating because back in July(!) they came out of nowhere and said "beta is a couple of weeks away". I know then the SU updates happened, but still, I just think they are too inexperienced to really be able to give guarantees. I think they noticed themselves, that's why the pretty much became quiet with their news. I appreciate that, even though it feeds my paranoic-pessimistic alter ego that starts thinking "oh my god it will never arrive, it's a big fake". But that's only my problem, not theirs.

If/when it releases with all those features it will surely become the best add on in flight sim history.

• Like 1