Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

Kodiak Review Thread

51766600210_0d82c0cefd_k.jpg

51765968843_66e97bdfbc_k.jpg

I hope I have uploaded the images well, I did not know how it was done, I hope they look ...  🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

i7 11800, RTX 3070, 32Gb RAM, 2Tb

Purchased and managed to land it softly with no bugs, no sudden abrupt AP behaviours, a perfect combo of realism  and complexity, my new top 3 AC in FS. 

• Like 1

Iñigo Bildarratz

They just posted on another thread that they found a bug in the Kodiak, and will soon be releasing a fix, which will improve takeoff and handling. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Only managed to fit four and a half hours of flying in since I bought the Kodiak but every time I use it, I'm enjoying it more.

Flew out to Barra from Prestwick and back with a stop at Coll on the return leg yesterday. Landing on the sand and taxing over to the buildings just felt right, ideal aircraft for the job. Brilliant add on, extremely versatile subject for hours and hours of different types of flying. Haven't encountered any obvious issues and suffered no CTDs. Very pleased with my purchase.

• Like 1

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

2 minutes ago, Rudiii said:

Only managed to fit four and a half hours of flying in since I bought the Kodiak but every time I use it, I'm enjoying it more.

Flew out to Barra from Prestwick and back with a stop at Coll on the return leg yesterday. Landing on the sand and taxing over to the buildings just felt right, ideal aircraft for the job. Brilliant add on, extremely versatile subject for hours and hours of different types of flying. Haven't encountered any obvious issues and suffered no CTDs. Very pleased with my purchase.

Great area of the world to fly that aircraft is in New Guinea. I am on a flight from AYWK to AYVN right now. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Great area of the world to fly that aircraft is in New Guinea. I am on a flight from AYWK to AYVN right now. 

For a challenge try a landing at AYIN Busimil ...

• Like 1

Hey Bobsk8

"Glad I wasn't even tempted to buy the Kodiak"  What changed your mind ?

I am thinking about buying it, but need reassurance with my megre funds.

11 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I will absolutely try this. I am considering starting in New Zealand and heading towards the Asia and the Himalayas, hopping from place to place.  

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

52 minutes ago, Rudiii said:

the Himalayas

Get the Orbx mesh then. Really worth it.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Wow... I've been watching some video's and started to read the manual but for almost 30 euro's this seems to be a no brainer...! This might become my first payware plane for MSFS: looks like it's very well done! A bit like A2A-quality (apart from the lack of state saving)! I usually never use the in-sim checklist option but it seems the one for this plane is done very well too so I might use it for the first time to get accustomed to this plane. Might be a nice and welcome diversion from all my FWB A320 flying. 😉

13 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

You may ahve saw this in my other post but I'll post it again here. This my buddy Scott Tucker, I used to be hus dive guide. He is flying into PNG. Whats scary is that his guide did not meet him on time and was late. So Scott is alone with strange naitives. He wasn't sure if he was going to be welcomed or The Meal of The Day.

His YT Vids. He is a bit wacky.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ScottTuckerExpedition-Earth/videos

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

7 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

Hey Bobsk8

"Glad I wasn't even tempted to buy the Kodiak"  What changed your mind ?

I am thinking about buying it, but need reassurance with my megre funds.

The hotfix they just talked about. 

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

The hotfix they just talked about. 

Has it been released already? I think I will wait with buying (or at least flying) until it's been released.

2 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Has it been released already? I think I will wait with buying (or at least flying) until it's been released.

On 12/18/2021 at 5:43 PM, Bobsk8 said:

I flew the Majestic Q400 for hundreds and hundreds of hours, and never had to fiddle with the rudder trim. 

You probably had a lot of side slip during the low speed, high power regime - well that or a busy right foot, do you usually monitor the side slip indicator? Q400 pilots typically apply one needle width of right rudder trim prior to takeoff so it's less of a handful, and progressively back that off as they accelerate into the climb and then cruise phases of flight.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg