Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

Kodiak Review Thread

15 hours ago, CarlosF said:

One bug found.

I have a 2 monitor setup which I use for Airport/IFR diagrams, watch tv, or for whatever else while I'm flying. During some of the flights I was suddenly met with a "You overstressed the aircraft" bla bla bla, which of course ended my flight, I thought I was doing something wrong despite the fact that I was following the recommended performance procedures. Then, It happened again, however this time I realized it happened while I clicked on the start menu on the second monitor, tried to repeat the scenario and what do you know, it did it again, the weird thing is that only happens minutes after take off or on cruise and not on the ground. I've already submitted a ticked.

The Kodiak manual suggests disabling "Aircraft Stress Damage" for other reasons, but it looks like it would help you, too.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

19 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

The Kodiak manual suggests disabling "Aircraft Stress Damage" for other reasons, but it looks like it would help you, too.

Thanks I know it's suggested in the manual.

I would hate to have to turn it off as this will essentially minimize this bird's character, besides main purpose is bush flying not skydiving. I already got an answer from Alex from SWE with a couple of suggestions, if all fails, then I will have no choice and turn if off.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

22 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

The Kodiak manual suggests disabling "Aircraft Stress Damage"

Why?

Wondering if anyone has decided to get the training video course, done by the Bush pilot that has all the Youtube videos flying the Kodiak?  If I get the aircraft, I was thinking about getting the video too, even though it is a bit pricey. I remember buying the Q400 video, and it was really worth it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Does the G1000 Nxi need to be the one downloaded from the marketplace or can you use the Working Title updates to use the most up to date version ?

From the WT site:

Attention!

This package is exclusively offered via the ingame Marketplace – go there to download the latest version.

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

22 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Why?

Read the manual.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

21 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Wondering if anyone has decided to get the training video course, done by the Bush pilot that has all the Youtube videos flying the Kodiak?  If I get the aircraft, I was thinking about getting the video too, even though it is a bit pricey. I remember buying the Q400 video, and it was really worth it. 

Hi Bobsk8, I got his training video package and am very satisfied. It’s NOT just a bunch of videos on YouTube, but instead it’s a series of courseware delivered on a Learning Management Platform. I feel I got my 50.00 worth as most of the Kodiak  instruction can be transferred to other aircraft ops. 

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

If you have extra $$

https://kodiak-training.teachable.com/p/kodiak-simulator-training

I love the guy by personally I wouldn't do it unless I plan to fly Kodiak IRL

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

6 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'm planning to buy this. Looking forward to having another Turboprop with glass avionics.

Quick question: is it possible to disable the ugly passengers that appear when you load the plane?

Fly the executive seat variant (cant recall the name just now) not Tundra, the seats face other, passangers not modelled in that variant.

Edited by Simple B

30 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Why?

Incase your plane tears apart when you open the jump door or sucks you out through the side window ...

4 hours ago, CarlosF said:

Worth every penny, you won't regret it, this is one bird you will have to fly by the book.

In the end I was encouraged ... I must say that it took me a bit to start it ... but here we are ... 😉 

I would have liked to upload an image ... but it won't let me ... I don't know how to do it  🤷‍♂️

i7 11800, RTX 3070, 32Gb RAM, 2Tb

Upload the image to Imgur.com and post the "Forums" link.

CWXJE0a.jpg

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Upload the image to Imgur.com and post the "Forums" link.

Thanks

I tried, too complicated, I thought that it could be copied and pasted as in any other forum,

Thanks again.

i7 11800, RTX 3070, 32Gb RAM, 2Tb

What are people's favorite version to fly so far? 

I'm personally a fan of the mixed interior with the cargo pod.  Getting it nice and heavy with passengers and cargo makes for interesting and fun takeoffs that require some actual planning and thought.

5 minutes ago, FakeWayne said:

What are people's favorite version to fly so far? 

I'm personally a fan of the mixed interior with the cargo pod.  Getting it nice and heavy with passengers and cargo makes for interesting and fun takeoffs that require some actual planning and thought.

I like the full cargo variant. I load up all the boxes marked "Tea" and fly over Boston Harbour, pushing them out as I go!

• Like 3