Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Skymaster 337 in Marketplace?

337 Training course

"Always start the takeoff roll with the rear engine only, to make sure that it is operating at 100% efficiency. So easy to end up being short on power and short on runway.

And that's a rear engine failure way below MTOW resulting in little or no climb performance. Good luck when heavy and a high density altitude, when it becomes effectively a single with a partial engine failure. Nice enough to fly, but not the ultimate solution for twin engine safety."

and here in MSFS, internal and external engine sounds, but he forgot to set the altimeter 😊

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

My first download from the Marketplace! Took it for a circuit! Very flyable. No obvious bad characteristics. Sounds are descent. I am good friends with the pilot hangared beside me at Brantford so I know exactly what the plane sounds like! Got to be the loudest GA plane built!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

36 minutes ago, turbomax said:

337 Training course

"Always start the takeoff roll with the rear engine only, to make sure that it is operating at 100% efficiency. So easy to end up being short on power and short on runway.

And that's a rear engine failure way below MTOW resulting in little or no climb performance. Good luck when heavy and a high density altitude, when it becomes effectively a single with a partial engine failure. Nice enough to fly, but not the ultimate solution for twin engine safety."

and here in MSFS, internal and external engine sounds, but he forgot to set the altimeter 😊

The purpose of the second engine is to fly you to the scene of the crash. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

What do you experts think about the performance?  Seems a bit underpowered to me.  I was only at 3000 msl but at 25 squared I was getting about 140 kias.  Feel like it should be 155 or so.

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

What do you experts think about the performance?  Seems a bit underpowered to me.  I was only at 3000 msl but at 25 squared I was getting about 140 kias.  Feel like it should be 155 or so.

Ryan, how does it handle?

Answering my own question:  Handles nicely.. 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

44 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I have friend who used to fly O-2 in Vietnam. He told me O-2 had very stiff controls as far as performance goes I really don't expect from Carenado masterpiece in this respect. With my standard bias toward Carenado I'd say lets wait for few month until they fix it. (That it if they do) LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Won't be the first time a Carenado aircraft is underpowered. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

AV Angel quick look…

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Took me a while to find the iPad in the right map pocket, but after that, I got the GTN installed and had a nice flight.

One less reason to go back to P3D.  🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Hey it might be me but has anyone tried to pitch up with the autopilot on?  Flying KHIOKSEA with the GTN750. Established at 3000 on course with NO ALT HOLD and when attempting to adjust pitch  it remains locked in place as if I had alt hold on, except I do not. Checked and triple checked. 

Anyone else?  Anyone?

-B

Has anyone been able to access the Procedures pdf document in the Documents folder?

I get "Access denied"..

Bert

1 minute ago, btacon said:

Hey it might be me but has anyone tried to pitch up with the autopilot on?  Flying KHIOKSEA with the GTN750. Established at 3000 on course with NO ALT HOLD and when attempting to adjust pitch  it remains locked in place as if I had alt hold on, except I do not. Checked and triple checked. 

Anyone else?  Anyone?

-B

Are you using the Pitch wheel on the autopilot?

Bert

I enjoy watching Av Angels videos.

She's like "Whats this little switch do? Oh! Oh No! No!"

Then she quickly turns the switch back off 🤯

48 minutes ago, btacon said:

Anyone else?  Anyone?

-B

The autopilots I'm familiar with default to pitch hold if no other vertical mode is on when a lateral mode (e.g., Nav or Heading) is on. If that's the case, then use the pitch wheel as Bert suggested above. In my experience you usually can't have an AP lateral mode on without a vertical mode, and vice versa. The default modes are typically Roll (or Wings Level) hold and Pitch hold.

Al

Edited by ark

24 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Has anyone been able to access the Procedures pdf document in the Documents folder?

Bet it is the same docs as the model for FSX. So if you have it, you may use them from there.  

Ummm! This is from the Carenado cruise table for 5,000 ft that is in the FSX Normal and Procedures.  Does not show KIAS, but instead TAS. Are you using a quadrant with a single set of quad controls?

image.png.e7807701a661bd5d2cf14b18c8b4f71f.png

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere