Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Skymaster 337 in Marketplace?

2 hours ago, 6297J said:

t I can't help feeling slightly disappointed. The interior textures look a bit too much like a straight port from FSX to me. Can't put my finger on it but its missing something. The panel is too bright maybe.  

I am not surprised. Thats me some years ago 😉 ! I had the FSD then the Carenado models in FSX and 2k2. I flew the FSD quite a bit, a favorite of mine then, passing to the FSX Carenado was a meh experience. Sub-par cockpit but, worse, a bland flying experience

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

58 minutes ago, harrry said:

without showing this yaw handling so many people started using it as a shortcut.  

which is a waste except for the 337. I am very aware of all that yaw/non yaw. so what good does that for your personal safety to have a multi-engine rating for anything non-337 when push comes to shove in a "real" multi-engine twin? if you get the rating in a Skymaster the rating will have a centerline thrust limitation. Having a multi engine license (centerline thrust only) does not allow you to fly a conventional twin in the US. you log it as multi engine time, annotating centerline thrust in your log. You must get a separate multi engine rating to allow you to fly a conventional twin. The difference between a ME and a ME w/ centerline thrust restriction is the Vmc demonstration (5min maneuver).

that's why airlines train their pilots in real twins, not 337s.

https://www.faasafety.gov/files/notices/2015/Nov/FAA-S-8081-14B-Pvt_PTS.pdf

https://mycfibook.com/book_pages/vmc-demonstration/

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

When the Skymaster was released in Australia and I understand in the US the Skymaster fulfilled the requirements for a multi engine rating.  Remember this was nearly 60 years ago. Quoting 2015 documentsa means nothing in relation to my  post.

Harry Woodrow

Before this airplane there was only a multi engine rating. The FAA later changed the rating to be a multi engine centerline thrust rating (for the 337) that doesn't count when flying a regular multi.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

7 hours ago, Brownshortz said:

Yep...that's always been my problem with VR. I find after about 15 minutes I can't wait to get the thing off my head lol. When they get to the stage where you just have to wear a pair of glasses I may reconsider.

I experienced the same thing, after about 15 minutes, I was done with it. All right for a few minutes, can't imagine doing a 1 1/2 hour flight like that. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, harrry said:

In real life you need a multiengine rating for dual engined aircraft. This requires demonstration of handling of engine failure.  When an engine fails on normal twin engined aircrafts the aircraft will yaw towards the failed engine.  In the Skymaster the aircraft does not yaw.  Handling the yaw on engine failure well is one of the signifigent items to pass. On the skymaster there is no yaw.  It was possible to get a multiengine rating on Skymaster without showing this yaw handling so many people started using it as a shortcut.  

And then if they wound up in a normal twin, had an engine failure,they probably crashed. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I made a statement on what happened.  It was used as a cheap way of building multiengine hours with a multi engine ratings.  I am sure most pilots do value their lives and did in fact at some stage got further training possibly related to an actual type rating required aircraft.  The FAA and  I am sure DCA changed their rules subsequently but like many things 60 years ago was a time where authorities concerned themselves mainly with things that came to their attention to going out and looking for the smallest infraction.  I am not saying which is right, just that this was the case.

Harry Woodrow

I was so looking forward to this and.. I'm not getting the same "positive vibes" as their previous two releases. I could be wrong but the ONE PLANE we were all lusting for seems they took the old school Carenado approach.. "It's shiny, and goes in the air".  

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I dare say there will be a mod on flightsim.to soon to reduce the green tint on the windows. :biggrin:   I do understand a lot of them have this in real life, but I am not too keen on it.  

• Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I have to say I’m in love with this strange looking beauty!

I was having some problems with fishtailing from side to side upon landing (I get this with JustFlight and Carenado planes), but have found applying the brakes right after touchdown seems to help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, styckx said:

I was so looking forward to this and.. I'm not getting the same "positive vibes" as their previous two releases. I could be wrong but the ONE PLANE we were all lusting for seems they took the old school Carenado approach.. "It's shiny, and goes in the air".  

Maybe we'll get lucky and eventually see another sexy Cessna twin coming out eventually (cough cough milviz 310).....

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

4 hours ago, turbomax said:

I am very aware of all that yaw/non yaw. so what good does that for your personal safety to have a multi-engine rating for anything non-337 when push comes to shove in a "real" multi-engine twin?

It was a short cut, not necessarily a good idea.  Seems the FAA agreed when they closed the loop hole with a centreline dual rating.

Overall it’s what I expected, fun to fly and a unique design/sound set.  Happy with my purchase.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, harrry said:

In real life you need a multiengine rating for dual engined aircraft. This requires demonstration of handling of engine failure.  When an engine fails on normal twin engined aircrafts the aircraft will yaw towards the failed engine.  In the Skymaster the aircraft does not yaw.  Handling the yaw on engine failure well is one of the signifigent items to pass. On the skymaster there is no yaw.  It was possible to get a multiengine rating on Skymaster without showing this yaw handling so many people started using it as a shortcut.  

In Canada, if you get your “multi” on the C337 you are not certified to fly a conventional twin such as a Seminole. But if you get your conventional multi rating, you are certified to fly the C337.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.