Sign in to follow this  
styckx

I'm so exhausted of this sim

Some vacation maybe...?

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

I have no idea why it is so different to each computer

too many layers and cascades of 100% waterproof copy protection, MS store, xbox app etc.

• Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

6 hours ago, styckx said:

After suffering from the dreaded random uninstall and getting the courage to reinstall. I can't even do that.  The installer randomly gets locked up on the uncompressing stage.  Numerous times I check up on it and see it's stuck uncompressing. How does something so great on one end, suck so bad on the other.  

This is exhausting. Why do all flight sims have to be a full time job?

Totally get your frustration and exhaustion and yes it can be a full time job - at times. For what it's worth, if it helps; when I had installs getting stuck on a file and looping continuously, I cancelled the install and went to where the file was located. Typically files will be in: /[Your Drive]/Users/[Your name]/Appdata/Local/Packages/MICROSOFTFLIGHTSIMULATOR_8wek...../Official/Onestore/ one of the subdirectories.

MSFS install will have started installing in that directory. Just delete only those files in that directory, then go back into the sim and it will start again from where it left off, normally in my experience correctly installing those files this time.

I've had to do this many times, although happily not for SU7 or the hotfixes.

Good luck - hope you get it sorted that is if you haven't already given up.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, styckx said:

After suffering from the dreaded random uninstall and getting the courage to reinstall. I can't even do that.  The installer randomly gets locked up on the uncompressing stage.  Numerous times I check up on it and see it's stuck uncompressing. How does something so great on one end, suck so bad on the other.  

Like I said to you before, I feel for you.

Not all flight sims give you grief. DCS performes faultlessly, makes any aircraft in MSFS simplistic, its another level and runs - workers perfectly at 60FPS all day long. Sure it does not look as stunning as MSFS but frankly you have so much happing with your work load, looking at pretty hills is far from your mind. Its far more rewarding learning and managing an aircraft. The Aircraft are also next level in looks and detail and depth. I love MSFS but get board with it. I use to buy every aircraft going to keep the intrest and I see lots of people doing the same, buy the "lastest" fly it for a few day on to the next. I Enjoy MSFS when I need a fly around with little to do. It looks stunning.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have the full Deluxe store version don`t have a problem, but I don`t have any addons. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

43 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Like I said to you before, I feel for you.

Not all flight sims give you grief. DCS performes faultlessly, makes any aircraft in MSFS simplistic, its another level and runs - workers perfectly at 60FPS all day long. Sure it does not look as stunning as MSFS but frankly you have so much happing with your work load, looking at pretty hills is far from your mind. Its far more rewarding learning and managing an aircraft. The Aircraft are also next level in looks and detail and depth. I love MSFS but get board with it. I use to buy every aircraft going to keep the intrest and I see lots of people doing the same, buy the "lastest" fly it for a few day on to the next. I Enjoy MSFS when I need a fly around with little to do. It looks stunning.

👍👍👍👍👍

So True regarding DCS - I totally gave up on MFS though 😕

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

7 hours ago, styckx said:

Havent had a single problem on steam.

4 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

It could be beacuse of the user that is sitting in front of your monitor.

I have a very poor internet connection and DL MSFS took me 5 days. I said to myself: I will throw my PC out of the window if it will break.

Luckily it never did break and my install is working perfectly from day one of the release. It even managed the upgrade from Win10 to 11.

That been said: I don't change nvidia settings, don't mess with the user.cfg, don't install tons of free stuff that interract with the sim (except sceneries), don't OC my GPU or CPU.........

Unfortunately our time will probably come 😬

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I haven't have any issues (aside from the known in-sim issues that everyone has) with MSFS except for when a mistake that I made caused it. With the switch back from beta to release version, I neglected to verify that the installer was pointed to my existing E:\MSFS\ installation and let it install a 2nd copy on my C:\ drive. Now, as someone in the SW industry, I do blame this on a poor interface design. The install path is down in the corner, and sized way too small. It should, as the last step of the installation process, toss up a dialog box stating "Microsoft Flight Simulator will be installed in the following location: (Are you sure?)" showing the path where it is going to place the installed files. I think this would solve at least 80% of the issues.

4 hours ago, DAD said:

if your CPU is oc'ed you may try to run your rig at stock speed maybe. had a similar issue with FSX some moons ago. and yes, even if MSFS ran nice before it may be worth to try

I always thought that this was a load of you know what. If your OC is stable, everything should run fine (on paper). I ran a stable OC for years. Although I simmed on a regular basis with no serious, persistent issues, every once in a while I would have a one of a kind failure that I could never figure out. I analyze every dump file to get the module and instruction that failed and log it for future reference. I had a list of about 30-35 "one off" events that happened and never reoccurred. When I got mu 10850K, I decided to run it stock. MSFS (or anything else for that matter) has ever come close to pushing it to 100%, so I never bothered to OC it. My list (started when I built this computer) contains 2 unexplained crashes at the moment. One caused by a wifi driver and the other caused by Windows Defender. MSFS has internal timers. They count clock ticks. They expect each tick to represent a fixed length of time. I think the primary counter used in MSFS (and previous ESP sims) is 18Hz (might be 18 Khz?). OCing changes that without the sim understanding that one clock tick doesn't the same period of time that it should. I think this cause unpredictable results within the sim so I no longer OC my system. I think it is good advice now.

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I Enjoy MSFS when I need a fly around with little to do.

Maybe turn off the autopilot, and start flying a few challenging approaches like Meribel, Courcheval, or Locher, and you'll have plenty "to do".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

I have no idea why it is so different to each computer but lit has been evident from the release, that many, many users are affected in many, many different ways.

It's because there are literally millions and millions of combinations of HW, SW, and operating systems out there. From the minute you install the OS and start using the computer, it becomes less and less "standard" every day. After a year of standard use, 2 users who started off with identical systems would have very little in common. Most large application install .DLLs, services, or hooks into the OS that change the system. If those 2 users install 20 apps different from each other, there can be huge differences between their systems at the end of the day.

When you consider that quite a few users really don't understand the internals of their systems and can't do much in the way of troubleshooting, I'm amazed by the number of successful installs. 😉

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I don't have any of the issues people keep reporting myself, but I am using the Steam version. Anyway, if you feel the MS Store version gives you too much headache, feel free to vote in my thread:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/can-the-msfs-development-team-look-into-ms-store-installation-issues/490240/12

Initially, I was in hope MSFS would overcome the installation hurlyburly of the other sims (as a sidenote, P3D5 is now on HF2 for 5.3). Unfortunately, MSFS installation seems to go downhill as well, at least for MS Store users.

This makes me very sad as it sets MSFS into a bad karma, while it's an excellent simulator otherwise.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Just a note.  Some people have recommended backing up the Community folder etc.  Either this, or use of the superb Addon linker is good.

However, I followed the instructions for the beta, and even though it accepted my current install on the F drive when I pointed the update to it, and I was back up and running within minutes, it still took out my WpSystem folder and over-wrote it with new files.  This is undocumented as far as I can see.

The effect is that it wipes your user config file, and any custom camera positions you have set for any aircraft, so they all have to be set up again.  It also set up a cache file that I didn't want, so I deleted it again.  I only noticed it when one of my disks showed as red in windows explorer due to lack of space.

So basically, if anything like this could affect you, back up your WpSystem folder as well.  In can be in various places, so you will need to search for it.
Mine was about 80Mb and it was in the root of my F drive (F drive for my MSFS installation), but I have seen an empty ghost folder on my C drive when doing a search to see if I could recover my files, so maybe it was there once.

PS.  I had no luck trying to recover my files off the disk using a program called 'Recova'.  It found them, but said they were encrypted and couldn't be recovered - strange! 
If anyone has any comment on this, please chip in.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Maybe turn off the autopilot, and start flying a few challenging approaches like Meribel, Courcheval, or Locher, and you'll have plenty "to do".

Your ignorance as always is incredable and very entertaining.😂 I can only presume you just spat that reply out like you always do, without any thought or even a glace at what I fly in my sig or the 25 years ive been sim'ing. The vast majority of what I fly dont even have an auto pilot. 😂

Bless 🤣 your a star!💗

As for the OP, if he got board he cannot try what your saying out as he has no sim, thanks to MS/Asobo.😞

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

@pmb Michael, I do have the Store Deluxe version and everything seems to be just fine. I did not opt in to any BETA or Previews cause I was literaly afraid it will mess things up. I also don't update the SIM on minute 1 / hour 1 / day 1 after updates are released. I wait 2 day to pass without starting MSFS, read the forums, aknowledge the issues with missing profiles etc.....then fire up the sim, get the update and enjoy it.

BTW...I did the same procedure in P3D...where I ended up waiting even weaks to update or did not update at all if my sim was running.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech