Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

WU7 update is live

35 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

is that where they are? LocalCache\SceneryIndexes

You can delete SceneryIndexes plus Content.xml using the Addon Linker. Just activate the two settings in the config file and start MSFS via the Linker Icon.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

If you ever find a way of preventing ATC to tell ME to expedite MY climbs/descents, please let me know! It's one of the main reasons I (almost) stopped using ATC. Can't stand that constant nagging about different altitudes even though I am flying the planned one.

Strange... I have never had ATC tell ME to expedite MY climbs/descents unless I have screwed up something in my piloting - usually forgetting to set the altimeter to standard above 18K or the reverse when descending below 18K feet.  But I do get tired of the AI aircraft being harassed to expedite their climb/descent, so I am definitely going to look into the "fix" for that.

2 hours ago, tup61 said:

If you ever find a way of preventing ATC to tell ME to expedite MY climbs/descents, please let me know! It's one of the main reasons I (almost) stopped using ATC. Can't stand that constant nagging about different altitudes even though I am flying the planned one.

They fixed that issue like 4-5 months ago. Make sure your altimeter is set correctly.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, PlumCrazy said:

Strange... I have never had ATC tell ME to expedite MY climbs/descents unless I have screwed up something in my piloting - usually forgetting to set the altimeter to standard above 18K or the reverse when descending below 18K feet.  But I do get tired of the AI aircraft being harassed to expedite their climb/descent, so I am definitely going to look into the "fix" for that.

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

They fixed that issue like 4-5 months ago. Make sure your altimeter is set correctly.

I mainly have this when flying the Kodiak. I set a cruising alt of for instance 9000 ft (in the MSFS planner) but during flight I am told to climb to 14000 or 18000 instead, often altitudes that don't fit the flight at all. And I also have this when I ask for another alt with the FBW, like 290 and after getting the okay I am told to climb to 390 regardless. Happens almost all the time.

BTW I am seeing a lot of blue-ish greens down under... I miss the vibrant summer colors (when using a preset). A lot of the scenery simply looks green. It's like they renamed the Gold Coast to Cold Coast. Pity. A lot of the MSFS scenery has this problem with things looking cold green all over. Rather disappointing.

Edited by tup61

Downloading as we speak , will see what all this MSFS2020 WU7 fuss is all about :-) .

Besides all the big cities  , where to start ?

Michael Moe (VFR only)

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Any (subtle) improvements with the weather?

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

i will bury this here in the 'official WU7 thread' and probably won't help much but well, was wondering if some of you had a problem with the WU7 getting stuck redownloading the same files (fs-basexxxx) over and over again and could fix it. It downloads the files fine but then, when decompressing, it starts downloading them again.

There are tons of similar threads in different forums about the updating process being stuck (even for earlier updates) with the exact same issue that i have (i never had a prob with previous version) but i think i tried everything (anti-virus / firewall / running as admin / deleting temp files in the official folder / ....) and already lost hours and and it's still not working

Due to its incredible size, i'm never going to reinstall/redownload the whole sim until i change PC which will probably not be before a couple year, so i'm just wondering if maybe my MSFS experience stops here for a while (wouldn't be too dramatic i have other things to do but still i would prefer to find a fix  😋) so if someone has an unexplored idea of something else that i can try it would be appreciated.

Thank you for reading and sorry if it's a bit off-topic 🙊😱🍺

Edited by Bad_T
spelling

19 minutes ago, Bad_T said:

i will bury this here in the 'official WU7 thread' and probably won't help much but well, was wondering if some of you had a problem with the WU7 getting stuck redownloading the same files (fs-basexxxx) over and over again and could fix it. It downloads the files fine but then, when decompressing, it starts downloading them again.

There are tons of similar threads in different forums about the updating process being stuck (even for earlier updates) with the exact same issue that i have (i never had a prob with previous version) but i think i tried everything (anti-virus / firewall / running as admin / deleting temp files in the official folder / ....) and already lost hours and and it's still not working

Due to its incredible size, i'm never going to reinstall/redownload the whole sim until i change PC which will probably not be before a couple year, so i'm just wondering if maybe my MSFS experience stops here for a while (wouldn't be too dramatic i have other things to do but still i would prefer to find a fix  😋) so if someone has an unexplored idea of something else that i can try it would be appreciated.

Thank you for reading and sorry if it's a bit off-topic 🙊😱🍺

Found this over on the MSFS forum. (Anti virus programs may be causing issues for some )

Detailed info

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

20 minutes ago, Bad_T said:

Last ditch thing before a complete reinstall... Delete the "fs-base" folder and all its contents. There are a bunch of "fs-base-*" folders, so make sure you delete the correct one. You should be able to tell which folder by the file name it is failing to download correctly. Once deleted, reboot the computer and try again. This should force the update process to download that entire folder.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

1 hour ago, phmcr said:

Any (subtle) improvements with the weather?

Raindrops still aren't visible unless there's a direct light source on them even during the day so that sucks. Rain curtains from a distance and splashes are visible but Asobo needs to realize that raindrops are perfectly visible up close during the day and even in overcast weather. The way it works now is just weird.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

6 hours ago, DJJose said:

YPEC for FSX is what motivated me to order that expensive ORBX AU CD. 😀

I hope that they consider updating YPEC & YCNK.

Yea! and anyone done Tamworth yet (YSTW) -  the birthplace of the legendary VOZ for FS9 and FSX? For those who don't know; VOZ was the great ancestor of Orbx.

• Like 1

Thank @Car147 and @JimBrown

yes i tried the anti-virus thing, disabled pretty much all security software i could thing of but unfortunately that didn't fix it.

As for the deletion of the fs-base folder, yep that's probably the solution, but that folder is 175 gb on my machine, so it will probably want me to redownload 100+ gb of files which will be a bit painful for me because my sim-machine is on a very slowish connection and spending full days of download without the 100% certitude to fix it once and for all is just not worth it for me atm.

But yeah i guess it's the solution, sooner or later i'll probably go that way, before that, i'll probably wait for the next official update (SU8) to see if by miracle it 'unstucks' everything (it got broken by itself, maybe it will fix itself the same way 😇)

Thanks again 🥂

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tup61 said:

I mainly have this when flying the Kodiak. I set a cruising alt of for instance 9000 ft (in the MSFS planner) but during flight I am told to climb to 14000 or 18000 instead, often altitudes that don't fit the flight at all. And I also have this when I ask for another alt with the FBW, like 290 and after getting the okay I am told to climb to 390 regardless. Happens almost all the time.

BTW I am seeing a lot of blue-ish greens down under... I miss the vibrant summer colors (when using a preset). A lot of the scenery simply looks green. It's like they renamed the Gold Coast to Cold Coast. Pity. A lot of the MSFS scenery has this problem with things looking cold green all over. Rather disappointing.

That's a completely different issue.  Many times the in-game ATC doesn't follow the flight plan.  I usually follow ATC instructions unless their instructions will put me into the side of a mountain.  I think the main discussion was the "Expedite climb/descent" instructions given by ATC - which seems much more of an issue for AI aircraft than for the player (assuming player is following the instructions given by ATC)

3 hours ago, tup61 said:

Using Default ATC, might as well get the town drunk to direct your flying. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Anybody else having any issues with the TBM Improvement Mod/ WT G3000? I flew with them yesterday without issue but today as soon as I try to make any settings in the G3000 I am getting a screen/video freeze up. Sound is still working but nothing else will. I tried without the Mods and all worked fine. Put them back in and same video freeze. I am off to try just the TBM Mod with the stock G3000. 

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD