Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

WU7 update is live

1 hour ago, PlumCrazy said:

I think the main discussion was the "Expedite climb/descent" instructions given by ATC - which seems much more of an issue for AI aircraft than for the player (assuming player is following the instructions given by ATC)

At this time, I don't use AI aircraft at all.  Even though it doesn't happen often, I usually get the "expedite" command when flying GA aircraft using more moderate climb and descent rates.  It's almost as if ATC doesn't recognize rates less than 1500 fpm... and, of course, I get that command when ignoring instructions to climb or descend to inappropriate altitudes.

I must say that there have been some improvements.  ATC will nail the T.O.D. point a lot now and a lot of flights have been close to normal operations.  Still, there are a lot of offensive initials not allowed moments that will come out of nowhere.

Randall Rocke

30 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

Anybody else having any issues with the TBM Improvement Mod/ WT G3000?

Before SU6 this Mod was one of my favorites but it hasn't worked for me since.  However, with some of the turboprop improvements from MS/Asobo, the default TBM is flying pretty well for me.  I flew it today with the WT g3000 and had no issues.

Randall Rocke

3 hours ago, Bad_T said:

i will bury this here in the 'official WU7 thread' and probably won't help much but well, was wondering if some of you had a problem with the WU7 getting stuck redownloading the same files (fs-basexxxx) over and over again and could fix it. It downloads the files fine but then, when decompressing, it starts downloading them again.

There are tons of similar threads in different forums about the updating process being stuck (even for earlier updates) with the exact same issue that i have (i never had a prob with previous version) but i think i tried everything (anti-virus / firewall / running as admin / deleting temp files in the official folder / ....) and already lost hours and and it's still not working

Due to its incredible size, i'm never going to reinstall/redownload the whole sim until i change PC which will probably not be before a couple year, so i'm just wondering if maybe my MSFS experience stops here for a while (wouldn't be too dramatic i have other things to do but still i would prefer to find a fix  😋) so if someone has an unexplored idea of something else that i can try it would be appreciated.

Thank you for reading and sorry if it's a bit off-topic 🙊😱🍺

Here's what works for me. I carefully note the filename of the file that is getting stuck. I go to the folder that the files are all downloading to and look at the file attributes. Whichever file is the one that PREVIOUSLY right before downloaded OK, I delete that one file. And then of course close MSFS and restart it. It immediately downloads the file I just deleted and like magic the next file (which is the problem file) downloads just fine. It has never failed for me, worked every time.

I did not invent this idea of course, I read about it online.

The only tricky part is finding out which folder the new files are all downloading into. It is not the same folder that they will be moved to during the update. I use UltraFileSearch app to search for this folder. It is payware but there are a half dozen file search programs about as good as it is. The search utilities that come with Windows are often useless and 20 times slower by comparison. I have never used Windows search for over 10 years now. It's just too primitive and can't find things very well.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

22 minutes ago, RandallR said:

Before SU6 this Mod was one of my favorites but it hasn't worked for me since.  However, with some of the turboprop improvements from MS/Asobo, the default TBM is flying pretty well for me.  I flew it today with the WT g3000 and had no issues.

I just did a complete flight with the TBM Mod and NO WT G3000 and everything worked fine, so it's not the Mod.

RandallR, you are using the latest version of the Mod, weren't you?

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

Search: Pause the MSFS update and copy the file name of the file that's getting stuck into the search app. It will tell you which folder that file is in. That's the folder the files are all downloading into.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

43 minutes ago, RandallR said:

I flew the TBM mod with WT G3000 last night (after installing WU7 and Australia content) and it worked great. I'll be trying another flight tonight with a more complicated flight plan, so I'll report back on how it worked.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

1 hour ago, Mikeingreen said:

I just did a complete flight with the TBM Mod and NO WT G3000 and everything worked fine, so it's not the Mod.

RandallR, you are using the latest version of the Mod, weren't you?

I think so - I have 0.6.3.1

Randall Rocke

4 hours ago, Bad_T said:

but that folder is 175 gb on my machine

Really? It's only 12.7 GB on my machine... You sure you're looking at the right folder? I'm looking at "<blah>\Official\Steam\fs-base\". The "<blah>\Official\Steam\" folder itself is only 155 GB on my machine. But then, I've deleted a bunch of stuff via Content Manager (liveries, flight lessons, challenges, bush flights, and a few others that I never use) but that should not change the size of the fs-base folder.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

My <blah>\Official\Steam fs-base\ is also 12.7 GB.

But my <blah>\Official\Steam\ is 330.4 GB

My <blah>\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base also 12.7 GB - store version, obviously.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

On 1/31/2022 at 11:05 PM, Krakin said:

I'm not getting Sydney's photogrammetary yet. Still looks like a lot of autogen on my end.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an word not allowed. Didn't download the package from the store haha.

I'm having the same problem but I have Steam version.  Everything downloaded and I installed from content manager (no Australia photogram update..just other WUs).  So where is the Australia photgram update?

Edited by knich

1 hour ago, knich said:

So where is the Australia photgram update?

In the Marketplace.

• Like 1

Thanks again @JimBrown and @Fielder 🍻

ouch 🙊 yeah thanks for the head-up, not sure what i was on last night, you're both right, the folder is just 12.7 GB for me too (i probably mixed up with the full 'official' folder after spending hours trying to fix that stuff 😇)

And yep i saw the location where the files are downloaded and they seem to download fine, i also removed them if some were left there and relaunched the sim but, unfortunately, that still didn't get me out of the loop. Actually all files download fine, it's just the decompressing that is causing the issue and triggers the files to be downloaded again. When downloaded the files are immediately moved somewhere else after the download for decompressing and maybe it's that location that is causing problem (i'll try to little search tool too).

But yeah, if the folder is 'only' 12GB, that will trigger an update of around 9-10GB, i can live will that even if it goes into the loop again after downloading the 10GB 😱 (if it was a 200gb download i wouldn't take the risk 😋). I will probably try that later this evening.

Appreciated your inputs 🍺

15 hours ago, Fielder said:

Here's what works for me. I carefully note the filename of the file that is getting stuck. I go to the folder that the files are all downloading to and look at the file attributes. Whichever file is the one that PREVIOUSLY right before downloaded OK, I delete that one file. And then of course close MSFS and restart it. It immediately downloads the file I just deleted and like magic the next file (which is the problem file) downloads just fine. It has never failed for me, worked every time.

I did not invent this idea of course, I read about it online.

The only tricky part is finding out which folder the new files are all downloading into. It is not the same folder that they will be moved to during the update. I use UltraFileSearch app to search for this folder. It is payware but there are a half dozen file search programs about as good as it is. The search utilities that come with Windows are often useless and 20 times slower by comparison. I have never used Windows search for over 10 years now. It's just too primitive and can't find things very well.

Try this if applicable, totally fixed it for me: Disable your anti-virus software during update. Avast was interfering with the decompress on my system.

• Like 2

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

With the constant official updates I’ve stayed clear of all mods that are not in the marketplace at this time.  I’ve seen to many issues with ctd’s due to the many issues with mods and the constant game updates!

Chris Camp