Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Randazzo from PMDG on demand for P3D products

Obviously topics like these are going to fall into deaf ears. I can bet their chief will call people here trolls also, just like he called them out in their own forums when people were asking for updates. But oh well, karma is a female dog, and that karma is biting them back in the form on "NG3" when they were fully confident of releasing their products by mid last year but none have been out yet. 😉

I wish iFly would have made their 737 for MSFS instead of P3D (I know its not possible but wishful thinking heh), that would have been a big tight slap on their face.

• Like 2

And for every disgruntled customer that posts here, there are 20x others over PMDG and Avsim's MSFS forum praising Robert, so he'll be laughing all the way to the bank when the NG3 releases.  

"Prepar3dddwhat?" 

We are all to blame for raising the guy to rockstar status over the years. Now that we are at the receiving end of their arrogance, maybe we should learn to be more selective about who we give our hard-earned money to and not buy stuff when promises are not kept. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Enrique Vaamonde

3 minutes ago, evaamo said:

And for every disgruntled customer that posts here, there are 20x others over PMDG and Avsim's MSFS forum praising Robert, so he'll be laughing all the way to the bank when the NG3 releases.  

"Prepar3dddwhat?" 

We are all to blame for raising the guy to rockstar status over the years. Now that we are at the receiving end of their arrogance, maybe we should learn to be more selective about who we give our hard-earned money to and not buy stuff when promises are not kept. 

You are right. The other developers lately have certainly humbled pmdg bringing features to their planes that pmdg is unwilling or unable 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 minutes ago, evaamo said:

"Prepar3dddwhat?" 

I will probably buy it, at least when the -800 comes out.  As the 737-800 is such a widely used plane I think I need it to fly my virtual airline routes with some satisfaction,  Of course hiss actions have now made me look further and I will not be a day one shopper with every releasein msfs I have been in fsx and P3d with all releases for his wares in my hanger.  That bus has passed. I however feel that way with many of the developers who have shown their true colours here. 

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Harry Woodrow

3 minutes ago, micstatic said:

You are right. The other developers lately have certainly humbled pmdg bringing features to their planes that pmdg is unwilling or unable 

Oh yes, they have failed to meet the bar which has been raised by so many others in recent times. They are far from being the immersive and realistic add-on producers they once were. 

Enrique Vaamonde

So many PMDG lap dogs over on their forum more interested in jumping on peoples backs for not adding a signature to their posts,whats all the about.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Benbo said:

So many PMDG lap dogs over on their forum more interested in jumping on peoples backs for not adding a signature to their posts,whats all the about.

It is so they can tell the poster is a PMDG owner and not spamming the forum, something that appears to be popular on some forums now days. It`s also why some addon makers have stopped hosting a forum for there products due some toxic spamming post. 

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

It is so they can tell the poster is a PMDG owner and not spamming the forum, something that appears to be popular on some forums now days. It`s also why some addon makers have stopped hosting a forum for there products due some toxic spamming post. 

The time to do that is on registration to the forum, not making the real  name appear on every post which for many people can be a general privacy or id theft problem and in others quite a legitimate desire not to have people tracking you.

I almost always use my real name and this is my choice and not a problem in my case but others have legitimate fears.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Harry Woodrow

You are not required to register to read the forums, but you are required to abide by the T&C`s when you register the same is true on Avsim T&C`s .

PS you have PMDG user help forum on Avsim. 

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

19 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Precisely, also why some devs require registration key information to even get forum access...  But instead let's come to Avsim and call them Lap Dogs....  

Also interesting how this has become about an individuals arrogance.  It's a business decision people.  People really need to separate business vs personal.  Fairly certain RSR didn't make this decision in a vacuum on his own as some sort of spite to P3D users despite the fact that is how some here seem to take it...

Again, iFly sales numbers would be the best argument in this thread but I do fear they were abysmal.  Would be very interested to know how their brand new P3D V5.3 exclusive offering obviously providing an alternative to PMDG who some here find toxic performed from a sales perspective.

The combination of the first 5.3 exclusive release and offering a counter option to PMDG it's sales numbers should be a good indicator.   Did they sell 50, 100, 1,000, 10,000?   My "guess" is less than 250 copies were sold $70 per copy.  That's what $20,000 EBIDA  (Earnings before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization)    The total "pool" of P3D sales is probably less than 10,000 people globally and the buying pool is probably far less than that.   

The fact so many developers have sceneries stuck at V4.5 indicates to me it wasn't worth their effort or time to stick with LM way before PMDG made the decision to pull out, it's just happened in the middle of the night without fanfare and prior to MSFS even existing...  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I don’t think ifly sales numbers is the right metric. It doesn’t bring major features or improvements over the ngxu. So many already have the ngxu and don’t feel the need to replace it with something that may not even be any better. The tfdi md-11 when released may be a better one. 

Randazzo gets heat for things he says. An example is charging an arm and a leg for the 777-200er. And saying a virtual cockpit update will be coming. It appears that was never true. A lot of people bought the er just because of that 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

14 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I don’t think ifly sales numbers is the right metric. It doesn’t bring major features or improvements over the ngxu. So many already have the ngxu and don’t feel the need to replace it with something that may not even be any better. The tfdi md-11 when released may be a better one. 

Randazzo gets heat for things he says. An example is charging an arm and a leg for the 777-200er. And saying a virtual cockpit update will be coming. It appears that was never true. A lot of people bought the er just because of that 

So that tells me the only viable add-ons for P3D are an even more niche market within a niche market and sales of P3D have 100% stagnated.  It's a trickle of sales "unless" someone develops something completely net new like 757/767 that appeals to the P3D masses...   Then the question becomes even with a brand new release would it drive net new business (viable business) or just appeal to the limited subset who are happy with their current sim.

Let's say a net new aircraft has a team of 3...  Development team has 24 months invested.  They sell 1,000 copies at $69 per copy.   $69,000 EBIDA /3/24  = $960/mo per team member assuming a 3 way split.  

Great if you are doing this specifically for 2nd income in spare time outside of work, not so great if this is your business.      

Now let's take the example of "why don't they just upgrade it for their loyal customers"   Let's say you can do it with 3 people and it takes 12 months to upgrade the aircraft and it then returns $0 revenue.  Unless the developer is in this for charity work there is no business model to support it.  Buying something on a future promise is always a risk, when I bought the 777 expansion it was for the additional models and the EFB functionality.... 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

How is ifly the best example when 99% of the sim community owns the ngxu in p3d and zibo (which is a freeware) in xplane ???? Also from where are you getting those figures from? LOL People don't buy and post it on forums/internet "I bought this today", so there is no way to find out about the sales figures unless you are working for them. It's funny how everyone who is asking others to "move on from p3d" are marketing and sales gurus where they can "guess" the sales numbers and hence declaring "p3d is old".

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, psolk said:

So that tells me the only viable add-ons for P3D are an even more niche market within a niche market and sales of P3D have 100% stagnated.  It's a trickle of sales "unless" someone develops something completely net new like 757/767 that appeals to the P3D masses...   Then the question becomes even with a brand new release would it drive net new business (viable business) or just appeal to the limited subset who are happy with their current sim.

Let's say a net new aircraft has a team of 3...  Development team has 24 months invested.  They sell 1,000 copies at $69 per copy.   $69,000 EBIDA /3/24  = $960/mo per team member assuming a 3 way split.  

Great if you are doing this specifically for 2nd income in spare time outside of work, not so great if this is your business.      

Believe me. I don’t disagree with you at all.  Like Neil said upthread. I’m just disappointed that there are some big issues I have with msfs that keeps me vfr only with it. Also I’m not the one who said I was going to update the vc for the 777. That was all rsr 

• Like 4