Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Randazzo from PMDG on demand for P3D products

1 minute ago, DChockey08 said:

Completely different. 

People stayed on FS9 for performance issues (among other things) but FSX had all the core competencies of FS9. 

The reason people are (at least for now) staying on P3D is because of several missing key features in MSFS. 

Exactly. I’ve even bought a decent amount of addons for msfs. I had thought that was the smart thing to do since I always figured it would become my full time sim. But for now I’ve discontinued purchasing for msfs until we can see how the next round of airliners play out. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, DChockey08 said:

The reason people are (at least for now) staying on P3D is because of several missing key features in MSFS. 

Or aspects of the sim they find hard to accept and will never be changed...

1) Forced updates comprising possible huge downloads.

2) No historical weather.

So I can never fly out of Honolulu at 10:00 local and get the actual weather for that time when I live in England and want to start my flight at 10:00 my time.

I would have to start my flight at 21:00 my time to get the actual weather for 10:00 local. Not attractive whatsoever.

I’m not saying I would never buy it but it would be my play-sim. Informal low-level flights only to look at the scenery. My serious flying would always be in P3D.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

I said it once I'll say it again, RSR posts are just false promises posts, and have been since I became their customer 10 or 15 years ago. That's why I won't spend another cent on his software, in MSFS or any other platform. Like someone said earlier, replace RSR name with MK and you will not see a difference. 

Agreed. He's  a master of spin. I'll give him that.   Same as best wishes Dave from Aerosoft.   Sorry my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

30 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No historical weather.

I'm glad I'm not the only one for whom this is a huge issue. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Anyway back on point, still no feature list for PMDG 737 for MSFS?

It's not even in Beta. Then we will know, which buttons/options will be To-Be-Implemented on initial release. For right now it's pretty obvious that winds feed into FMC is off the features' list unless some sort of magic would happen. 

1 hour ago, neilhewitt said:

I might even be annoyed enough to move to X-Plane 12, at this rate!

But then you would face the problem of a completely different control system. Which is why I went to P3D and not X-plane all those years ago.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Exactly. I’ve even bought a decent amount of addons for msfs. I had thought that was the smart thing to do since I always figured it would become my full time sim. But for now I’ve discontinued purchasing for msfs until we can see how the next round of airliners play out. 

I am in exactly the same boat. I have purchased several MSFS addons over the past year, pretty much all of them at great sale prices however. However, I keep going back to P3Dv5 (almost completely for now). I assume at some point MSFS will become my sim of choice, but it seems there is a lot more uncertainty now. I have still spent much more on P3D over the past year than MSFS. I don't see any reason to slow down at this point.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 3

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Post Hoc meet Ergo Propter Hoc via Interested Witness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

No one has demonstrated how MSFS is going to solve its LODRadius problem and keep 60 FPS?  I remember the days of FS9, FSX, P3D and LODRadius was a huge and consistent complaint by users, but now it doesn’t seem to matter in MSFS?

Cheers Rob

Agreed, one of the biggest immersion killers is coming in to land and being near a downtown area and seeing the melting blob of buildings, unless you are right next to the buildings when MSFS decides to finally load in the higher resolution buildings. This is an area where P3D is far ahead.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

5 minutes ago, TurboKen said:

Agreed, one of the biggest immersion killers is coming in to land and being near a downtown area and seeing the melting blob of buildings, unless you are right next to the buildings when MSFS decides to finally load in the higher resolution buildings. This is an area where P3D is far ahead.

I saw this a few weeks ago at Toronto city. Plus the water was really screwed up. With these block like patterns. Didn’t make sense considering I have a 1gb connection and good hardware. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

44 minutes ago, Tim_Capps said:

Post Hoc meet Ergo Propter Hoc via Interested Witness.

Huh?😳

Vic green

8 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

Huh?😳

Post hoc ergo propter hoc = After this, therefore because of this.

IIUC, Tim_Capps is suggesting that RR's assertion that PMDG's sales are massively down due to the arrival of MSFS, might not be the true cause. Rather, the reason for PMDG's poor sales in P3D may actually be because there have been no new PMDG products for the older sim since the NGXu was released and the market has bought all it wants at the current asking price.

In other words, correlation does not equal causation.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

19 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

Huh?😳

Uh, Uh post - after, after hoc, ergo - therefore, after hoc, therefore something else hoc. 

(please tell me there's at least one other West Wing fan on this forum)

Edited by DChockey08
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, F737NG said:

IIUC, Tim_Capps is suggesting that RR's assertion that PMDG's sales are massively down due to the arrival of MSFS, might not be the true cause. Rather, the reason for PMDG's poor sales in P3D may actually be because there have been no new PMDG products for the older sim since the NGXu was released and the market has bought all it wants at the current asking price.

Thanks. Makes sense to me.

Vic green

38 minutes ago, F737NG said:

I bet you don’t get posts like this on the Fortnite forums! 😁👏👍

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather