Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Randazzo from PMDG on demand for P3D products

44 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

[...] Everytime I switch back to subsonic aircraft it’s like running my sim at half speed.

Try flying a C152 or PA-28. Before long, you'll even start to appreciate the speed of turboprops!

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo1978 said:

I say it over and over again, never ever trust Microsoft!

I bet within two to three years Microsoft will bust MSFS just like MS Flight and FSX before and the development of MSFS will be halted just like FSX. But other than FSX, MSFS will end up incomplete, still missing key features by then. We all know Microsoft.

Those developers who think about to abandon P3D today will be left out in the cold. But we simmers also too.

I'd agree with that. Except that now we see the Market place commissions coming in that FSX did not have coming in before for Microsoft. Essentially making this sort of a Royalty to MSFS and Asobo in the future. There is the difference. Anytime Microsoft wants to make more money they spend some on an ad campaign with new features, which thus makes more sales on the marketplace for add ons, which thus makes them more sales commissions. 

Pennies add up. Microsoft knows this. Now with their acquisition of a major game developer the technologies that will be ported over to other platforms are endless. In a way Jorg's "10 year promise" is likely due to a calculation of how much dollars will be generated in sales from the marketplace which has already likely been approved and analyzed. It's in their best interest to keep the platform moving forward and more developers to come into the platform. They make money every time one of them does. 

Think of it this way. 

- Without commercials from vendors. TV Stations wouldn't be able to make money for your TV shows. But without good TV Shows, you wouldn't watch the network. This is the cycle that Microsoft has entered, and it will most probably work. It's just that it's too soon for us to see it. 

• Like 3

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

8 minutes ago, Ronaldo1978 said:

I say it over and over again, never ever trust Microsoft!

I bet within two to three years Microsoft will bust MSFS just like MS Flight and FSX before and the development of MSFS will be halted just like FSX. But other than FSX, MSFS will end up incomplete, still missing key features by then. We all know Microsoft.

Those developers who think about to abandon P3D today will be left out in the cold. But we simmers also too.

This time around Microsoft has spent a fortune buying other gaming businesses (e.g. Activision for $US69 Billion) so maybe history won't repeat because it's investing massively into content development.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Try flying a C152 or PA-28. Before long, you'll even start to appreciate the speed of turboprops!

I have the Vertx DA-62 with a cruise speed of 160kts. It remains my slowest aircraft.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have the Vertx DA-62 with a cruise speed of 160kts. It remains my slowest aircraft.

You boy racer, you!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

This is no different then the electric car or chicken sandwich craze.  So, it comes as no surprise PMDG is leaving P3D (without them actually saying it - or maybe they did and it got lost in all the noise).  PMDG hasn't really come out with anything amazing since the 747.  The NGXU was nice but a 737 is so "typical" - having said that I did buy and do fly it.

What agitates me the most is PMDG's emphasize on MSFS missing or broken issues which stalled the 737's development.  OK, fine.  SO WHY YOU'RE WAITING FOR MSFS FIX, WORK ON SOME OF THE IOUs FOR US P3D FOLK!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

17 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

[...] SO WHY YOU'RE WAITING FOR MSFS FIX, WORK ON SOME OF THE IOUs FOR US P3D FOLK!

Because whoever is first to release a popular modern airliner in MSFS that the masses recognise (the CRJ doesn't have widespread appeal, nor awareness in the public consciousness) will get a word not allowed tonne of money.

The second dev will do very well, but the first is key. Once the Xboxers, gamers and casual simmers buy one airliner, they're very likely to be done and dusted. Extra airliners won't be bought to add to their virtual hangars.

It would be fantastic for loyal P3D customers to get some attention, but the race is on to get a complex MSFS airliner product out the door. Just my 2 pennies' worth.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Because whoever is first to release a popular modern airliner in MSFS that the masses recognise (the CRJ doesn't have widespread appeal, nor awareness in the public consciousness) will get a word not allowed tonne of money.

The second dev will do very well, but the first is key. Once the Xboxers, gamers and casual simmers buy one airliner, they're very likely to be done and dusted. Extra airliners won't be bought to add to their virtual hangars.

It would be fantastic for loyal P3D customers to get some attention, but the race is on to get a complex MSFS airliner product out the door. Just my 2 pennies' worth.

Exactly this.

It’s a race with an enormous prize for first place. 

This has become big business in its own right.

People that fly GA aircraft in MSFS mostly do VFR sightseeing because the sim is so beautiful. There's a percentage like myself that consistently fly IFR, but I think that this is the exception. As such, there is not a lot of concern about realistic weather, navdata, AI traffic and ATC.

But someone who's going to buy the Fenix Airbus or the PMDG 737 is going to care about these features and also that airports have realistic parking and gates. I only mention the latter because most of the MSFS international airports have poorly sized gates with virtually no attention to where each airline parks. 

In a year and a half, you'd think that MS and Asobo would have fixed all those features, but alas they are still in beta versions. The live weather occasionally resembles real world conditions. AI traffic, despite AIG's best efforts, is still a mess. It's still necessary to pay for accurate navdata. And for sensible ATC one must rely on online services and often there are no controllers where you want to fly.

Does this mean that I would go back to P3d or XP? Heck no, they inferior are from a visual perspective and aren't going approach MSFS in quality unless LM and LR decide to invest resources that they don't have.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, F737NG said:

Sorry but you missed my point.  PMDG had to at least slow (if not pause) development of the MSFS 737 because of something.  So while that something was being resolved, shift your resources back to P3D products and work on some updates/fixes/improvements.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But still no historical weather. Major turnoff for anyone wanting to fly out of any airport more than a couple of hours outside their time zone.

So if I want to fly out of Honolulu to LAX I’m getting night time weather throughout the flight for my daytime departure. I can’t tell you how much of a turn off that is for me.

And as well as winds they’ll need accurate upper temps all the way up to FL600 for the forthcoming Concorde.

So, have I understood incorrectly all this time that I have had Active Sky? I always use "Live weather", believing it to be live at the time and place I set in the sim. for the day I am flying. (I don't mean backwards in time, as in a week or so previously but today for instance.)

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

So still no feature list for the PMDG 737 version so that we can't compare to the existing P3D version?  Until I see that, I'm really not that interested in what PMDG bring to MSFS unless it's a completely different aircraft like a 727, DC10, L1011.

Cheers, Rob.

Has PMDG ever released a feature list before releasing a product?  I cannot think of one instance.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

So while that something was being resolved, shift your resources back to P3D products and work on some updates/fixes/improvements.  

What I understood is that the release window was delayed but the work went on the aircraft except for the litigious feature. 

7 hours ago, F737NG said:

Once the Xboxers, gamers and casual simmers buy one airliner, they're very likely to be done and dusted.

If I am not mistaken, neither the Fenix nor the PMDG birds will be released for the Xbox. MSFS PC only.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

So, have I understood incorrectly all this time that I have had Active Sky? I always use "Live weather", believing it to be live at the time and place I set in the sim. for the day I am flying. (I don't mean backwards in time, as in a week or so previously but today for instance.)

Let’s say it’s 10:00 local time in your time zone. 08:00Z. If you position your aircraft at JFK which is 5 hours behind Zulu (7 hours behind you) and use Live Weather you will still get weather for 08:00Z. So the weather will be as was at 03:00 local at JFK.

That’s why there’s a historic option. If you want to depart JFK at 08:00 when it’s 10:00 your time that weather hasn’t happened yet, it’s in the future. You would only get Live weather if you delayed your departure until Zulu + 2. 15:00 your time, 08:00 New York time.

So for that example you couldn’t depart JFK on the current day. You would switch to Historical and use yesterday’s weather setting the date / time in P3D to yesterday at 08:00 local.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather