Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Mobile site hacked?

Hi:

I frequently check the forums with my mobile device using chrome.  As of yesterday, when I try to open the forums, I'm directed to some fishing/pop-up sight.

I have to completely clear my browsing history and reset chrome because I can't access ANY site after I'm forced to this odd website.

Thanks

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

There is some funkiness going on with the site.  AVSIM tech has been contacted. 😳

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

There is some funkiness going on with the site.  AVSIM tech has been contacted. 😳

Thanks for the feedback.  Hope they are able to resolve.

• Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I'm also getting immediate redirects to fishing sites. The ads on mobile have gotten really bad. Admin needs to take a look at whatever company they're using to deliver them.

• Upvote 2

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

16 hours ago, bbsmitz said:

I'm also getting immediate redirects to fishing sites. The ads on mobile have gotten really bad. Admin needs to take a look at whatever company they're using to deliver them.

Same here... immediate redirects. Unable to use avsim.

Spent the last hour resetting my browser settings and network settings on my iPhone thinking I got some nasty malware.
I understand the need for ads but they should never make it impossible to use the site offering them advert space...

Cheers,
S.

• Upvote 1

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

I just logged on with my IPAD...no issues at all, looks the same as it does on my desktop PC.

Sherm

3 hours ago, shermank said:

I just logged on with my IPAD...no issues at all, looks the same as it does on my desktop PC.

Sherm

I am getting redirected to a “you have won a prize site” as soon as I select the forums, can’t access the forum. Only on iphone.  iPad and pc is fine 

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

If you will use a good ad blocker you won't have these problems. I use Adblock Browser and don't experience this.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Posted too soon … thought I had deleted my pot… obviously not… also getting hammered… bummer 

I wonder why, when there are so many topics and posts about this intrusive behaviour, which is then explained as being necessary to fund the forums, that the Avsim staff are all recommending an adblocker, which then undermines the income received from the intrusive advertising.
I posted this into the other topic but it fits here too, the forum is rendered virtually invisible.

EDIT: I see from the other, now locked topic, that action is to be taken.

Screenshot-2022-04-23-23-01-48-35-40deb4

Edited by Reader