Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

The TDSSim GTNXi now features a full VC integration!

I like the look of the TDS gauge and I also like the fact that it has a proper aspect ratio bezel. Yes, this can blank some engine instruments, but that could eventually be solved by allowing user options to move any gauge stack to any position (actually Sean did this very thing as far back as 2011 with both Dukes and later the Lancair Legacy, so it cannot be that difficult to do nowadays). I have the PMS50 premium GTN and it works ok, but it doesn't look quite right with reduced area to accommodate the engine displays, and it is nowhere near bright enough even at full 12x brightness option. With MSFS you need a backlit gauge to have as much leeway as possible in brightness, in order to deal with the grossly exaggerated dark cockpit/washed out sky syndrome.

Edited by robert young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

6 minutes ago, robert young said:

I like the look of the TDS gauge and I also like the fact that it has a proper aspect ratio bezel. Yes, this can blank some engine instruments, but that could eventually be solved by allowing user options to move any gauge stack to any position (actually Sean did this very thing as far back as 2011 with both Dukes and later the Lancair Legacy, so it cannot be that difficult to do nowadays). I have the PMS50 premium GTN and it works ok, but it doesn't look quite right with reduced area to accommodate the engine displays, and it is nowhere near bright enough even at full 12x brightness option. With MSFS you need a backlit gauge to have as much leeway as possible in brightness, in order to deal with the grossly exaggerated dark cockpit/washed out sky syndrome.

Personally, I prefer to keep the G1000NXi unmodified, and instead use the TDS GTN in planes where it fits naturally, like the Turbo Arrow which shows how it can be done, 🙂

• Like 4

Bert

10 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Personally, I prefer to keep the G1000NXi unmodified, and instead use the TDS GTN in planes where it fits naturally, like the Turbo Arrow which shows how it can be done, 🙂

Me too....  

Rob - how bout a new Lancair Legacy for MSFS hehe?  (one can always dream right?)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

We are actually moving past this limitation... JustFlight just announced a fully integrated TDS GTN 750, and some of us are experimenting with a Carenado C337 integration.  While we are "waiting", I would encourage anyone with an interest in the matter to lobby Carenado to do what JustFlight has already done 😉

When i was talking about integration, i was not talking only about a grapical integration in the VC, but the ability to interact with ALL system in the cockpit (and in the core sim). it was not very clear, sorry

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

32 minutes ago, nirgal76 said:

When i was talking about integration, i was not talking only about a grapical integration in the VC, but the ability to interact with ALL system in the cockpit (and in the core sim). it was not very clear, sorry

What systems are you referring to?  The Turbo Arrow is fully integrated as best I can tell, and the user mods for Carenado are focused on exactly that.

Bert

38 minutes ago, dfeldman said:

Does anyone know how to slave the HSI in the Arrow to the TDS GTN?

Dave.

Don't think it's possible. You must manually tune to the DTK.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

1 hour ago, dfeldman said:

Does anyone know how to slave the HSI in the Arrow to the TDS GTN?

Dave.

54 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Don't think it's possible. You must manually tune to the DTK.

The TDS GTNXi can drive the HSI course arrow and CDI, and also the glide path indicator. Driving the glide path (glide slope) indicator for RNAV approaches requires making use of some custom local variables (Lvars) that TDS provides. 

I don't have any of the JustFlight a/c, so cannot speak definitively about what would be required to do this in the Arrow. I do know the TDS GTNXi drives both the HSI course and glide path indicators in the soon to be released ( I hope! ) Beta version of the steam gauge Flysimware C414.

Al

Edited by ark

34 minutes ago, ark said:

The TDS GTNXi can drive the HSI course arrow and CDI, and also the glide path indicator. Driving the glide path (glide slope) indicator for RNAV approaches requires making use of some custom local variables (Lvars) that TDS provides. 

I don't have any of the JustFlight a/c, so cannot speak definitively about what would be required to do this in the Arrow. I do know the TDS GTNXi drives both the HSI course and glide path indicators in the soon to be released ( I hope! ) Beta version of the steam gauge Flysimware C414.

Al

Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to the C414!

Dave.

15 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Indeed.

I got the TDS GTN working in the C172 G1000, at least the basic functions I need. Works under VR as well.

However the GTN750 in that G1000 bezel just looks strange, not to say ugly. Aside the fact that 1/3 of the G1000 footprint is black and wasted.

I would much prefer to see the TDS GTNXi in the steam gauge C172 replacing the Garmin 530/430. Unfortunately, I'm afraid this will be hard or impossible as this plane is part of the Deluxe package with encrypted files. So, while Carenado might work on and perhaps succeed with the Mooney & friends, this would require support from MS/Asobo... which I can hardly imagine.

What do others think?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

7 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Why would you frankenmod a 750 into the G 1000? Makes no sense to me.

That's the mod TDS providing on their download page for VC integration. If you've got a better way you are very welcome.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

8 hours ago, pmb said:

I would much prefer to see the TDS GTNXi in the steam gauge C172 replacing the Garmin 530/430. Unfortunately, I'm afraid this will be hard or impossible as this plane is part of the Deluxe package with encrypted files. So, while Carenado might work on and perhaps succeed with the Mooney & friends, this would require support from MS/Asobo... which I can hardly imagine.

What do others think?

Kind regards, Michael

Yes, the short version is that any addons vendor can integrate the TDS gauge, but retrofitting an existing airplane requires access to the panel and model files. If they are encrypted, you are out of luck..  Please keep lobbying Carenado!  They have not yet committed to adapting the Mooney etc..

Bert

Response from Carenado to my inquiry:

Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback, we are going to evaluate it.

Regards,
Carenado

Sounds...well, sounds like Carenado, don't know what I expected.

Another question: Is it possible that the VC Integration Mod by Laurinius doesn't work anymore in the Mooney? Can't get it to display, somehow.

Edited by psychedelic_tortilla

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM