Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

The TDSSim GTNXi now features a full VC integration!

1 hour ago, Mace said:

I do /not/.    That's weird. 

Try their support forums - but also make sure you went to the My Account part on their site and downloaded a new GPS manager file, THEN download and install the new update.  There was some MSFS beta bug with steam users I think (according to posts in the forum).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

23 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Says it works with the Baron but does it ?

It does integrate into the panel, BUT .... it blocks out the instrument gauges on the MFD. So to me that's useless. Still works fine if you don't integrate it.

Piper Arrows are a different story. Their dev now includes a proper integrtion into the III and IV with the latest update.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

28 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Says it works with the Baron but does it ?

dupe

Edited by Twenty6

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

On 2/18/2022 at 9:50 AM, Tim-HH said:

With the newest update their GTNXi now feature a full VC integration

I really like this because it shows what can be done in the sim by someone who's willing to figure out how, rather than just complaining about it being hard.  A certain well-known developer has made a continual fuss about how something like this just couldn't be done, to the point of demanding a dialogue with Asobo about it.  But TDS just went and... did it.  Some nerve! 😆

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The people's flag is deepest red.

26 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

It does integrate into the panel, BUT .... it blocks out the instrument gauges on the MFD. So to me that's useless. Still works fine if you don't integrate it.

Piper Arrows are a different story. Their dev now includes a proper integrtion into the III and IV with the latest update.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of putting a GTN into a G1000 hehe.  The G1000 NXi is pretty dang good.  I guess there a few people who have issues with the clickspots (flightsim issue for over a decade hehe) so they want a GTN in the G1000.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So I picked up the TDS one, currently using the Turbo Arrow....interface is very laggy in the VC. I dont see any settings about this, and when I watched like Q8 pilots video it was not nearly as laggy. Odd. IF i pop the screen out, it is zero lag. Hmmmmm

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

20 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

So I picked up the TDS one, currently using the Turbo Arrow....interface is very laggy in the VC. I dont see any settings about this, and when I watched like Q8 pilots video it was not nearly as laggy. Odd. IF i pop the screen out, it is zero lag. Hmmmmm

Not laggy here on my machine, not at all. Much crisper response than my other GTN the PMS50 (which I also own, not just the free version). 

Might try the vendor discord.

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, btacon said:

Not laggy here on my machine, not at all. Much crisper response than my other GTN the PMS50 (which I also own, not just the free version). 

Might try the vendor discord.

-B

Yeah I posted over on their support forum. Im sure its something ive messed up

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

3 hours ago, Mace said:

I do /not/.    That's weird. 

This bug has been fixed with the release of a new version and TDS GPS Manager, we suggest going over to our forums for information on the subject.

1 hour ago, DeepestRed said:

I really like this because it shows what can be done in the sim by someone who's willing to figure out how, rather than just complaining about it being hard.  A certain well-known developer has made a continual fuss about how something like this just couldn't be done, to the point of demanding a dialogue with Asobo about it.  But TDS just went and... did it.  Some nerve! 😆

The problem has never been the VC integration. I think you just do not understand what is was about.
I'm sure Tiberiu would be happy to have some features this well know dev has asked for (like ability to override some internal vars, like HSI, autopilot states etc...) to enhance its already very good product.

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

1 hour ago, nirgal76 said:

I'm sure Tiberiu would be happy to have some features this well know dev has asked for (like ability to override some internal vars, like HSI, autopilot states etc...) to enhance its already very good product.

Oh, I'm sure, I'm not denying that some new things would be nice to have.   (And, in fact, if you look into some of that developer's many long comments on the topic, he laments that FSX/P3D were broken in some of the same ways, so some of those items are not unique to MSFS and aren't really germane here.)

But that's irrelevant.  My point is that TDS has now introduced what that other developer, fundamentally, offered in P3D, and which they have been very vocal about being unable to implement here:  a fully-VC integrated GTN driven by the Garmin trainer running as an external process.   Capabilities/features may not be completely identical (I've owned the other developer's product, but I don't have the TDS version, so I can't compare point-by-point) but, at a functional level, based on what I've read here, the TDS GTN seems to now offer precisely what people want in one of these devices.

There may yet be a few wrinkles -- issues with the GS needle are one of them, I believe.   But, according to what pimarc has said elsewhere, there should be a change in the sim which enables that soon.    Moreover, people are already using it without that capability, and since TDS have already put the bulk of the effort in, adding it to the already existing product should be very doable once it's available.   In the interim, people are buying it anyway.  

Which means TDS are getting sales, and getting talked about, and the other folks are not.   Maybe some of the effort put into mentioning over and over how renowned certain individuals are and how many decades of experience they have and all the various ways Asobo have failed them and us could instead have been put into actual development, and those guys would be getting the sales that TDS are now.   I dunno, I'm just a simple country chicken, but it's a thought! 😄

• Like 4

The people's flag is deepest red.

45 minutes ago, DeepestRed said:

Oh, I'm sure, I'm not denying that some new things would be nice to have.   (And, in fact, if you look into some of that developer's many long comments on the topic, he laments that FSX/P3D were broken in some of the same ways, so some of those items are not unique to MSFS and aren't really germane here.)

But that's irrelevant.  My point is that TDS has now introduced what that other developer, fundamentally, offered in P3D, and which they have been very vocal about being unable to implement here:  a fully-VC integrated GTN driven by the Garmin trainer running as an external process.   Capabilities/features may not be completely identical (I've owned the other developer's product, but I don't have the TDS version, so I can't compare point-by-point) but, at a functional level, based on what I've read here, the TDS GTN seems to now offer precisely what people want in one of these devices.

There may yet be a few wrinkles -- issues with the GS needle are one of them, I believe.   But, according to what pimarc has said elsewhere, there should be a change in the sim which enables that soon.    Moreover, people are already using it without that capability, and since TDS have already put the bulk of the effort in, adding it to the already existing product should be very doable once it's available.   In the interim, people are buying it anyway.  

Which means TDS are getting sales, and getting talked about, and the other folks are not.   Maybe some of the effort put into mentioning over and over how renowned certain individuals are and how many decades of experience they have and all the various ways Asobo have failed them and us could instead have been put into actual development, and those guys would be getting the sales that TDS are now.   I dunno, I'm just a simple country chicken, but it's a thought! 😄

Maybe just go to the RXP section troll him directly ??  I mean you do call yourself a country chicken .... can't imagine you actually mean you are chicken to confront this person that has caused you such dismay ... 

Les O'Reilly

5 hours ago, tiberiu11 said:

This bug has been fixed with the release of a new version and TDS GPS Manager, we suggest going over to our forums for information on the subject.

I did re-download and now it does show in the JustFlight Turbo Arrow IV.   Great!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

17 hours ago, DeepestRed said:

My point is that TDS has now introduced what that other developer, fundamentally, offered in P3D, and which they have been very vocal about being unable to implement here:  a fully-VC integrated GTN driven by the Garmin trainer running as an external process

reading this, i can just repeat that you do not have understand what the complains were about.
But i can understand the TDS is enough for majority of MSFS audience. It is a good product, like F1 Flight GPS were on FSX/P3D.
I already discussed about that with Tiberiu (for whom i have respect for his work) in private, and i prefer waiting for a fully integrate product, what MSFS do not allow in its current state.

The other developper (busy with other aviation related professional activities and with the amazing "OpenXR-Toolkit") just want to wait for this if i remember. Both vision are respectable, like both developpers are. I have respect for what they have done, what they do and what they will do for us, simmers, each by its own way. I don't care about all these teenage quarrels i can read on forums by the community (or rather what it has become, unfortunately), i'm too old for this 😄

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

54 minutes ago, nirgal76 said:

I already discussed about that with Tiberiu (for whom i have respect for his work) in private, and i prefer waiting for a fully integrate product, what MSFS do not allow in its current state.

We are actually moving past this limitation... JustFlight just announced a fully integrated TDS GTN 750, and some of us are experimenting with a Carenado C337 integration.  While we are "waiting", I would encourage anyone with an interest in the matter to lobby Carenado to do what JustFlight has already done 😉

Bert