Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

You only have one chance...PMDG, Fenix or Maddog?

Fenix A320 and PMDG 737, And the A310  I'll wait and see on the others, but will likely cave in and pick up the maddog as well if funds allow.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

PMDG, mostly because I want the 737 and I want it on the Marketplace. Maybe in the future I will get the Fenix A320.

• Like 2

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

If it's only one it would be PMDG. I know what I'm getting and it's an aircraft I would use a lot. While the Maddog is a nice airplane it's not in use as much anymore. Fenix looks like it's going to be very good but they have no track record, so I'll wait for the reviews. That being said, I don't see me limiting myself to just one so I'll probably own all three eventually.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

Probably the one that comes out first. They are al vapor ware at this point.

But I will wait a week or 2 and check the reviews.

But whoever comes out first and gets good reviews both on YouTube and on the forums. Will get my $$$.

Possible all in time after the dust settles.

This is a great time to be simming...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

None, love my DC6 and Kodiak. 😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The Fenix looks great, as does the 737. But, I'm about Airbus'd out (I have 4 different FSlabs aircraft and 2 Toliss) and I have 4-5 different 737's already.

Maddog ftw.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

You can fly only one plane, so the first one coming to the sim I will fly.

Minus the Maddog, just not very appealing to me.

The Fenix looks really good and I've heard good things about it, but they are a brand new developer and I'm not sure it will live up to the hype some on these forums have for it.

The MD82 seems to be a complex airliner and something I would enjoy learning, but it doesn't grab me. I'm not a stickler for RL planes and routes (I'm doing a 747-8 round the world tour and I'm currently in Africa and having a blast), but I don't see why I would fly this plane regularly. Maybe on sale I would get it.

PMDG 737 would be my pick. I've purchased from them since the days they were actually selling manuals (747 manual for the Aerowinx PS 1 747 at the time) and I know what I'm getting. Yes I know this will be the 4th time I'm buying the same plane, but I'm itching to move into MSFS2000 from P3D.

I'll probably be getting all three at some point, but the 737 would be first if they were all out at the same time.

Edited by SKEWR
  • Like 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

2 hours ago, JLuis said:

You can set aside about 280 dollars to buy all three. I guess...

I just spend 2000$ for the Stinky Video Card. Well Not stinky Actually? But Still, The AMD Driver keeps failing.

What is  280$?

I'll get all three.

Today, I fly the PMP A330 exclusively.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

2 hours ago, Konterhalbe said:

Ah yeah, you need a GPU providing 115/200V and 400Hz in order to have enough power for your MD80, A310s and A320s to provide sufficient EXT PWR.

I fear that one will be cheaper that the ones I'm looking for my rig 🤣

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Probably comes down to everyone’s preference over Boeing Airbus etc.. Got to say am really impressed with the Fenix 320. When your looking for something that’s pushing what is possible right now on a desktop simulator it’s hard to look past it. PMDG 737 looks very good, have they pushed the envelope to the same level? Time will tell.. It’s a great time for a simmer.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JLuis said:

We know that 2022 is going to be a watershed year for MSFS. At least 3 great addons will be released, PMDG 737, Fenix 320 and Maddog X MD82.

If 3 developers release their addons at the same time and you only had the money to buy one of them, which one would you choose?

Honestly it's a difficult choice, but for me love speaks louder... I will go from Maddog without regret.

Is that you? What would be the choice?

Three planes will hardly create a watershed year for MSFS.

• Upvote 1