Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Fabio and Chewwy are streaming the PMDG 737 right now!

11 minutes ago, Makinen11 said:

Unfortunately it seems that the MCP buttons light up like slow burning incandescent lamps which is what the default A/C do... I can't believe they put all this work and could not work around this limitation... Even the CRJ from Aerosoft has that correctly shown with lights blinking like LEDs, I don't get why PMDG stuck with default lights... Maybe for XBox compatibility? Disappointing from such a high profile release if nothing else 😞

I would have no idea unless I was rated on the type.  While the CRJ may have that, it can't track a simple FMS course to save its life with any crosswind hehe.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

bit frustrating watching either of these streams, switching to the Fabio one he is just taking forever to get the aircraft started

Chewwy is much more watchable, but I'm keen to understand more about the detailed cabin

if it's only accessible via drone then it's pointless - cabins should be explorable via the cockpit camera and he seems to be saying he can't open the cockpit door to do that

also it seems he has the BBJ and Cargo variants, and again - as a bit of an enthusiast when it comes to cabins coming from X-plane, I find it mystifying if he has the BBJ that he hasn't loaded it (and the cargo) to show the interiors that have been created

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EGLD said:

bit frustrating watching either of these streams, switching to the Fabio one he is just taking forever to get the aircraft started

Chewwy is much more watchable, but I'm keen to understand more about the detailed cabin

if it's only accessible via drone then it's pointless - cabins should be explorable via the cockpit camera and he seems to be saying he can't open the cockpit door to do that

also it seems he has the BBJ and Cargo variants, and again - as a bit of an enthusiast when it comes to cabins coming from X-plane, I find it mystifying if he has the BBJ that he hasn't loaded it (and the cargo) to show the interiors that have been created

I believe Fabio showed the cabin off using the arrow keys etc rather than drone camera but someone can correct me on that If I'm wrong. This is just day 1 - Chewwy94 will be streaming the 737 tomorrow and I'm pretty sure he said they are doing some cargo flights.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

1 hour ago, shamrockflyer said:

@Steve Dra really looking forward to some of your livery creations on the NG3!

Thanks,

Depending on when she releases (I don't know when)...I will have a few ready.  I have 2 now....and just need to port the half-dozen or so I did for the P3d version

• Like 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

why are the engine nacelle inlets not shiny/reflective? are they matte finish in real life? I've seen some southwest 737s with shiny nacelle inlets.. I think they should not be matte finish from what I recall.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

1 minute ago, vin747 said:

why are the engine nacelle inlets not shiny/reflective? are they matte finish in real life? I've seen some southwest 737s with shiny nacelle inlets.. I think they should not be matte finish from what I recall.. 

They're normally matte, some airlines have them polished.

• Like 1

ah i see.. then the livery painters can make some liveries with shiny inlets.. i'm used to seeing them shiny on the zibo.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Anyone else got a weird super-rigid feeling for the wingflex animations on the Chewy stream or is it just me?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, vin747 said:

They are both shiny and matte.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Nice to finally see and hear it! Overall I'm not overwhelmed or underwhelmed just... whelmed.

The lack of weather radar is fine - will be implemented shortly

The lack of EFB I'm ok with - I personally wouldn't want to wait a few more months just so this feature is implemented.

The inability to request trip winds - Don't know how I feel as I think the default weather sim may not be able to provide info (not 100%).

Given were in 2022, I would have hoped to see CPDLC, the ability to receive ATIS, Weather info - like in FBW.

10900KF @ 5.2Ghz, 2070 Super, 32GB 3200Mhz, Gigabyte M28U 4K Monitor - MSFS: Terrain LOD: 200, Object LOD: 100

7 minutes ago, AppleUK said:

The lack of EFB I'm ok with - I personally wouldn't want to wait a few more months just so this feature is implemented.

I’m confused about this decision.  Just put in the basic performance calculator on an EFB for now until they have all the other new bells and whistles completed.  I’d rather have something than nothing at release.

• Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

Hahaha after nearly 2 years in Development I'm seeing people moaning about cabin tours on a pre release version!  Even chewwy himself said the number 1 question was "does the cockpit window open" - I mean come on seriously if I was PMDG tuning in I would be gutted after the no doubt countless hours building this thing from the ground up for a new modern sim.  Seriously guys its a bit pathetic.

Edited by sidfadc
  • Like 11

Thomas Derbyshire

5 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

I’m confused about this decision.  Just put in the basic performance calculator on an EFB for now until they have all the other new bells and whistles completed.  I’d rather have something than nothing at release.

I know but there are payware and freeware calculators

10900KF @ 5.2Ghz, 2070 Super, 32GB 3200Mhz, Gigabyte M28U 4K Monitor - MSFS: Terrain LOD: 200, Object LOD: 100

1 hour ago, Makinen11 said:

Anyone else got a weird super-rigid feeling for the wingflex animations on the Chewy stream or is it just me?

Yeah man, the wingflex looks weird

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

I have to say overall very impressed knowing what its taken to get this plane into MSFS. Well Done PMDG. Very Exciting

My only slight preference. The cockpit needs a bit more weathering. I know its been mentioned it can look a little cartoony that's a bit harsh it for me needs a bit of wear and tare especially the overhead the graphics are so crisp I need a bit more dirt so to speak..

So looking forward to it though!

H

Having watched Fabio's stream there is wear and tear when you look really closely at the aircraft and its really well done so I take back my comment of course you don't notice it when you are sitting in the default captains position so much so its a discussion do you add a bit more so you feel it more in the default view or leave it so you notice when you are close up to the buttons etc... Interesting. My gut feeling a little more dirty would help the overall immersion.

I take my hat off to Vin and Jason and all the team its a dream come true having started with the FS9 737. 

Bravo

Edited by Hamish100
New iNFO